Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:55:01
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Banking now works like before Started by: Squishy on Nov 10, '11 21:16

We've modified the laundry code to work invisibly behind the scenes. From all outward appearances, it looks like the old way we did things, however this is not a 100% sure fire way to fix the old concurrency issues we were having, which were fixed by the laundry.

At the end of the year, we will be taking down the game for a few hours to put in an additional server to help lighten the load of our main DB server. Freeing up the CPU a bit will shrink the tiny window where concurrency issues can occur even smaller, and hopefully will give us a good middleground between "nothing goes wrong" and "users make voodoo dolls in the admins likeness"

Report Post Tip

Presume admins are still fixing the cash that was in our banks? As a LOT of mine is yet to return...

Report Post Tip

I actually started to like the old system. It sort of wtaered down some money with it being scattered around the world! Although I was not a fan of the random 1% stuff...

Report Post Tip

I echo Alabama. I'm probably not missing as much as she is, but its a significant enough amount.

Report Post Tip

Well all my money is gone..and I know before I sleep I have enough cash for drug runs etc!

Report Post Tip

The merging process is now complete, all laundry accounts have been merged over to their respective city accounts.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for all your hard work Squishy.

Report Post Tip

So I should get rid of these bits of cloth, fluff and strands of hair? Aww...

Liz sighs and tosses her voodoo kit.

There goes my weekend... :P

Report Post Tip

This is at least three and a half wins. Possibly four. Good work, everyone involved.

Report Post Tip

Removes the needles . . .

I apologize for any stomach pains you may have been feeling.

Report Post Tip

Hey, guys. All my city accounts are like frozen. I don't have taxes set to 0%, so if I have active people, my city accounts should be going slowly up, right?

Report Post Tip

Pharol sets his mario voodoo doll down.

I appreciate the effort to get things fixed. Thanks guys!

Report Post Tip

Ashes, from what I've noticed all the tax tributes are going to your on hand money. I noticed it last night.

Report Post Tip

True, Clarity. After mailing Squishy he confirmed that to me as well. I appreciate the reply.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Banking now works like before
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL