Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:44:50
Page:  1 
Rise of the Associate Started by: Mikey_Palmero on Nov 11, '11 11:17

There has always been a fair share of powerful gangsters and other various forms of criminals but recently there has been a noticeable increase in the number of people that are doing smaller jobs for some of the larger families. This is due to the recent deaths of power criminal's and their organizations.

These glorified errand boys are entering our ranks, quickly even. They are proving themselves loyal and worthy as they run numbers, as they help corrupt Labor Union delegates, or even businessmen. Sometimes these new errand boys are even the next of kin to those who used to run things in certain areas of the country. And now they are being sponsored by someone who is already in the ranks of the organization. These sponsors watch them, they tell them who they can rob, who they can touch, and who they can't. They are pretty much a baby sister.

They offer protection while they do things the common mafioso wouldn't normally do. They conduct drug runs, bring over booze from our northern neighbors, and even carry out shady contract murders. I say shady because no one wants to be connected to anything. Too much heat is bad for business.

What I am here to ask the Sponsors of today, do you think those that you are sponsoring share a connection with you as a Crew Leader shares a connection to his Right Hand Man? If no, why not?

We have all seen Crew Leaders get buried six feet under due to their RHM's bidding, now why isn't it the same if an associate runs around with your name as if it were his own? After all, not only do they represent the city they work for but also the sponsor themselves...

Report Post Tip

An associate neither represents the city they work in, nor their sponsor. As you pointed out, an associate is a grunt who does the dirty work with the hope that someday they may be initiated into the family. You cannot hardly compare the relationship between an associate and their sponsor with that of the RHM and the Boss. The RHM is responsible for the entire family in the Bosses' absence, and this is why they can be held accountable. Because they hold this level of esteem, they are certainly a representative of the city itself. The associate never acts on behalf of the sponsor in the sponsor's absence. They have no authority to even make any decisions on their own.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes in our organization the odd person will strike a match in the boss's heart and will rise up the ranks quicker than the rest. Thats just how the story works.

Yeah you could say that the associates who muck up is all down to the sponserers poor quality leadership and you could say that it reflects badly on them, yeah. In this day and age we have got the cops under are little fingers so therfore the sponserers get off lightly.

Sometimes we don't get to choose are own associates but then again we are still meant to maintain there day to day activites. Crewleaders in most cases do get to choose there RHM and they don't have to keep there RHM in control or watch there goings on.

So in my opinion I think its a huge difference, yeah ofcourse a sponser and his associate could become as close as crewleader and rhm.

Report Post Tip

'An associate neither represents the city they work in, nor their sponsor'

and yet a made member shooting a goomba of another family will usually find himself fitted in cement shoes?

Report Post Tip

I see what you're saying MAHTAE, but when an associate is physically tagged with a tattoo with a member's name, does that sponsor face the same consequences if his/her associate say shoots a Boss of New York? Why wouldn't they? Seen it happen with CL's and their members...

I have the same view as you do, Makarov. I guess these days its all about money. End the life of a nobody earner, and your shown the same respect as if your button was nothing more than a plastic sheriff's badge on your chest. A piece of flair!

Report Post Tip

The rise of associates is purely down to recent wars. The new fresh off the boat people amongst us have a great opportunity ahead of them. If they play their cards right and they are mentored correctly by their sponsors as they should be, then once they earn their made button it is entirely in their hands how far they can go. I believe this has been realised and it really interesting to see associates growing up so fast, it's like they are battling one another, trying to out do eachother to get to the top first. Of course any leader wants to see this, in order to be initiated into the family they must give everything they have got to the cause as the sheer number of them is quite remarkable. I sense in a weeks time we will get to see which ones really have stood out and being granted their Made button. They do however need the support of their sponsors and again this can be a test to see which sponsors have taken more time with their associates. Personally i am in constant contact with my associate, showing him the ropes and he is doing well in his early days. I wish all the current associates all the best in their endeavours.

Report Post Tip

FattyFats rolls into the conversation like a bulldozer rolling through a gypsy caravan site

Mikey, I fully understand and agree with what you are saying. Essentially, like ones loyalty is to your leader, then your Godfather, if you are an associate, your loyalty should be to your sponsor. They are the ones who have given you a chance. Given you an opportunity. They are the one who will advise your leader that you deserve to be Made. However, this loyalty should be earnt. How many sponsors in this world can honestly say, hand on heart, that they help their associates. Give them advice. Chuck them a task to do. Chuck them a kill. Point them to a street discussion to get involved. How many sponsors actually earn there money? I doubt there are many.

So yes, an associates loyalty should be to their sponsor. But the sponsor should also work for that loyalty

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rise of the Associate
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL