Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 15:25:19
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
RGN visibility Started by: National on Dec 06, '23 09:20

IDEA

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility to see the RGN in action when shooting. So the number/dice somewhere on the wack page and watch it do its thing when shooting.

REASONING 

Recently we have seen the worst rogue in MR history. It created a decent debate in #main with izzy running through some pretty decent information. Much appreciated info;

for those that missed it basically, the DISTANCE MATH isnt as "harsh" as we think. Lets be blunt, we are all guilty of thinking that the math distance offers crazy stats, especially on a 12 hour shot. Anyone that says different is lying. Anyway, izzy was explaining that this is not the case. We all know the distance math has played some kind of part in the background, but those of us who have played and took part in wars for many years, do feel that math has been ramped up, rightly or wrongly (which for most parts we are wrong) we all feel its had a major effect on shots.

Speaking with izzy, it seems that. where *we* know would be a successful shot (from years of doing this) and gun size removes any distance math, we are facing 103 DEFENCE vs RGN. 

Even after izzy explained this and basically said, "people just need to shoot again" 

some people are still pretty much calling

"bullshit"..

"ive had max D plenty and get one tapped" 

so i feel this suggestion of seeing what you have rolled will remove the finger pointing, will help people understand without having to divulge code and/or having to deal with people asking to change the distance math.

Just as an FYI before i mkae my suggestion. im not against distance math and why it was introduced, in fact, im all for it. its a good mechanic. it just might be a simple change that can help people understand.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Seeing that you hit with a 4 or missed with a 9 would reveal too much. But I can tack on a message like wackback has that hints that you failed because of max d?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Yea, i mean, its more like those numbers you posted in #main, if you hit above 90, cant remember that numbers you gave. But for example if you hit them, the RGN shows that, and we understand its just a bad roll. Rather than going straight to call bullshit and it "must have been distance"

if that makes sense

Report Post Tip

Is it a roll up to 103 roughly ? What about in the message it says something like you failed, you rolled n the 80s/90s/100s rather than a specific number as lets be honest the people who are top of the game and the ones we actually aim to hit are max d, we already know that.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: RGN visibility
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL