Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 20:05:41
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
New Duel Option - Russian Roulette. Started by: Syn on Dec 14, '23 15:43

Say you've been up for hours DAYS and that last target won't go down in the war, at this point you want to sleep (or return to holiday dinner), whether your death or theirs you just want it to be over. They won't take your duel letting them shoot first because they can't hit you. 

I give you a new duel option:

Russian Roulette. 

A radio button option to issue challenge to duel. It can be rejected as all duels can be. All current duel options will remain as alternatives.

Russian Roulette uses no wack stat and no defense stat from either player. 

Both players are seated at a table. A single bullet is loaded into one of six chambers and spun. Game rolls to determine which round the bullet is fired in (not disclosed), coin flip decides who fires first (rolled and disclosed after duel accepted), shots alternate as all duels do. To be clear, the chamber is never spun again, it will be over within 3 shots each. Truly a 50/50 leaving the entire community on the edge of their seats - especially during the holiday rogue or 3 day war. 

Scenario:

Godfather A has accepted Don B's challenge to Duel! Their duel will begin at Dec 25, '23 02:00.

The duel between Godfather A and Don B has begun! The duel will be Russian Roulette style. A coin flip has determined that Don B will shoot first. A bullet has been loaded into only one chamber, it has been spun. 

Round #1: Don B presses the gun to their own temple. Click! The bullet was not in chamber one. The gun is slid to Godfather A.

Round #1: Godfather A presses the gun to their own temple. Click! The bullet was not in chamber two. The gun is slid to Don B.

Round #2: Don B presses the gun to their own temple. Click! The bullet was not in chamber three. The gun is slid to Godfather A.

Round #2: Godfather A presses the gun to their own temple. BANG! 

Round #2: The duel between Godfather A and Don B has ended with Don B as the victor. 

Not a fan? Don't click accept, don't choose this option. It may take a 3 day war or a holiday rogue for this to ever be used for real or get implemented but we've discussed this a few MR Meets in a row and wanted to put it out there as formal suggestion. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

For events I love this idea.  I would go so far as expanding it to allow more then 2 players and setting conditions on what that means so you have have every variant of game.

Such as
5 people enter, 4 bullets in the chamber thus only 1 or 2 live (6 chambers)
5 people enter 4 bullets spin until 1 lives
5 people enter 1 bullet spin until 1 person dies
ext ext

Would be cause for great fun and great gambles. 

Report Post Tip

Waste of time. People hardly duel, no on ever duels rogues on top of thst. The idea is good, the reality is no one would use this besides a few lunatics, and even then they would have to have had it accepted.  

If 5 goomba entered the chamber no one would care

5 Don's wont do that.  Just not how our community plays. 

This was the best you could do after multiple meets?  A re skinned duel feature. Lovely.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I mean why.. there is no chance anyone with a decent account is going to use this... you might get throw.away accounts pissing around with it.

But there is no way an account that has put hours into it, will risk an rgn roullette against someone who has put zero effort in.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think introduce the feature and let's make it work?

Report Post Tip

As cool as this sounds in theory, I've gotta echo what was said for the time I'm assuming it would take Izzy to put that in the game instead of working on the new game it would be criminally underused if it's ever used. Because no way anyone whos actually put time into the game would risk throwing away their character on a whim like this. Think about how often we ever have anyone use the duel feature now I'd say half that for the potential of anyone using this. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New Duel Option - Russian Roulette.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL