Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 11:27:51
Page:  1 
The Gentleman Started by: Tori on Dec 21, '23 10:08

Tori was looking for a new start in her life. She has always been an honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizen but she always paid the price for being kind hearted.

Tori decides she was done being a nobody, working for other people barely making ends meets herself.

She wanted to treat herself to the luxuries. She had heard a lot about a land where people went to achieve their dreams. Tori decided she will leave for this dreamland and make a name for her own, just like her friends did.

So, she took a flight to Detroit and on the way to DETROIT, she kept thinking about how her life was going to be changed. Upon landing in DETROIT, she found that life was not easy even in the dreamland. She had thought her friends would come to pick her up from the airport, she had informed every one of them. Sadly, not even a single person turned up. Tori was not just disappointed she was feeling miserable and now she was alone in this new world. No way to earn money, no place to sleep. Barely any money to afford a single meal.

Tori realized there was no good in feeling pity for herself. Rather it was time to work hard and prove herself. She saw a small restaurant and went inside. While she was looking around a tall and dark figure approached her from behind.

Mystery Man: What are you doing here young girl? Are you lost or something?

Tori: I am sorry I don’t mean to be a bother to you. I was just looking around.

OLD MAN: Looking around for what? Are you here to rob this place? If so let me tell you we don’t have any cash. I am just returning from the bank after depositing all the money we had.

Tori: No sir, I am new to in this city and I was wondering..

OLD MAN: Wondering what? Come on, speak up.

Tori: I was wondering if I could have a job here.

OLD MAN: A job? No we don’t have a job for you.

Tori: Please sir, I am desperate and I am ready to wash the dishes or clean the floor. Just give me a job.

OLD MAN: No. We don’t need anyone for that.

The OLD MAN walks away while Tori stands in the same place before she finally looks up and decides to leave. As she was on her way out the restaurant she hears a voice.

Gentleman: Are you looking for a job girl?

Tori: Yes, any job. I am desperate, my friend left…

Gentleman: I don’t want to hear your sob story, if you are serious about working come meet me at my office in the evening and I will offer you some work.

Tori: Thank you so much

The Gentleman stands up and as soon as he does, so does everyone in the restaurant. Tori looks at the man in surprise wondering who he is and what he does to command such respect. The Gentleman nods at everyone and asks them t sit. Then he makes his way out of the restaurant while Tori wonders what she must do to command such respect herself.

Tori goes and sits on the table where the Gentleman was sitting. The OLD MAN comes out the back and looks at Tori sitting on the table. He shouts from behind the counter.

OLD MAN: Didn’t I tell you there’s no job for you. Go away.

Tori: I don’t want your job. I am here for the food now, hurry up.

After finishing her meal Tori pays the bill and goes out the restaurant. Before leaving she shows the OLD MAN the business card given to her by the Gentleman and asks how she can reach that address.

OLD MAN: Who do you think I am? Your servant? I don’t know where the address is, now go away.

OLD MAN dismisses Tori while trying to make her leave when suddenly his eye catches the glimpse of the card Tori was holding in her hand.

OLD MAN: Wh..Who gave you this card.

Tori: The Gentleman who was sitting right here before me.

OLD MAN tells her the address and even refuses to take the payment for her food. On her way to the meeting Tori kept thinking who this Gentleman was and why everyone respected him so much.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

After roaming the streets for a while Tori realized it was finally time to go for her meeting with the Gentleman. She starts walking towards the building while thinking what kind of job this Gentleman must have for her and if she will even be able to do the job to his liking.

Riddled with questions Tori finally decides it was time to make her way into the building but she is stopped at the gate by two large men.

Large man 1: What is the purpose of your visit?

Tori: I have a meeting.

Large man 1: You have a meeting here in this building? You are clearly lost young girl. Go away before I make you leave.

Tori: I am not going anywhere. I was asked to be here in the evening.

Large Guy 2: That’s enough. Go away.

Saying this, Large Guy 2 pushes Tori away which makes her stumble and fall. The card that she was holding in her hand till now, falls on the pavement. The two men take one look at the card and frantically lift Tori up while profusely apologizing.  They hand Tori the card and one of the guy asks Tori to follow her.

On the way the guy apologizes again and asks Tori to not bring it up in front of his boss. Tori nods while she seemed lost in her thoughts.

Soon Tori finds herself standing in front of a big door. There was a lady standing outside the door, seeming to be waiting for someone. She takes one look at Tori and asks,

Girl: Are you here for your meeting?

Tori: Yes, I was given this card earlier…   The girl cuts off Tori

Girl: Follow me please.

They head inside the hall while the guy goes back downstairs. Tori was looking at the room in astonishment. She had never seen such luxuriously decorated hall. Tori is asked to sit and wait. While waiting Tori had many things going through her mind.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

After sitting on the sofa lost in her thoughts for a while Tori is brought back to reality by a hand on her shoulder

Girl: Miss, you can go in now.

Tori stands up, gathers herself and takes a deep breath and mumbling somethings she walks towards the door. As soon as she enters the room, she finds the Gentleman sitting behind a huge desk. He takes a look at Tori and smiles.

Gentleman: I didn’t think you’d come.

Tori nervously approaches the desk.

Gentleman: Please, have a seat.

Tori: Thank you.

Tori takes a seat and asks

Tori: Why did you think I would not come.

Gentleman: People find me too intimidating, don’t you?

The Gentleman laughs loudly. Then he opens a drawer in front of him and takes out an envelope. He puts the envelope on the table and slides it to her.

Gentleman: This here is your first job. If you do this well, you will live a very good life here. Fail, and it will be the first and last time you ever set foot in this building. Do you understand?

Tori nods nervously and picks up the envelope.

Gentleman: Now, what are you waiting for? Go away.

Tori abruptly gets up, turns around and starts to leave. As she gets out of the room, she is handed a briefcase by the girl.

Girl: Here, take it miss. You will need it.

Tori: What’s in it?

Girl: This is all you would need to do your job. Please go with Mr. Roro. He will tell you everything in detail. He is waiting for you at the front of the building.

Tori leaves the room and almost runs to the gate. She was almost the gate when she hears a voice call her name from behind.

Unknown guy: Ms. Tori, please follow. Mr. Roro is waiting for you in the bar.

Tori follows the man to the bar. Briefcase in one hand, and the envelope in another. Thinking to herself, what has she gotten herself into.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

As they reached the bar, the guy points Tori towards Mr. Roro. Tori goes and stands besides Mr. Roro and greets him. He shrugs and takes a look at Tori and mumbles something. He then puts his drink down and starts to walk away.

Mr. Roro: Do you need an invitation or something?

Tori starts to follow Mr. Roro as he leads her out of the building and into his car. They both get in and the car speeds off.

Mr. Roro: Do you have any past experience in this type of work?

Tori: I have worked many odd jobs. However, I do not know what this job is. Nobody has told me anything yet.

Mr. Roro: Are you crazy or something. Didn’t he give you the envelope? I see you do have it in your hand. So why haven’t you read it?

Tori: I…I did not get a chance to read it yet.

Mr. Roro: Well, what are you waiting for, open it and read it now. You know how to read don’t you?

Tori: Yes sir, I know how to read.

Tori fumbles as she struggles to open the envelope but she finally manages. She finds a stack of cash as well as a note inside the envelope.

The note contained the details of her job and as Tori read it, she seemed horrified.

Mr. Roro: So, are you sure you will recognize him? We will reach the park soon, and this is your first job. You better not mess up or you will be the one to die tonight.

Mr. Roro hands Tori a pistol.

Mr. Roro: Here take this.

Tori nervously takes the gun from Mr. Roro.

Mr. Roro: Have you ever used one before? It is fairly easy, just point and shoot. Show me now how you will do it. I don’t want to be blamed if you fail, I need to make sure you can do this.

Tori lifts the gun and points it outside the window.  Her hands were shaking and she had a lose grip. Mr. Roro helps Tori hold the gun properly and loads it for her.

Mr. Roro: Here, now you just have to point and shoot okay. Don’t mess up. We are here. I will get off here and the driver will take you to the other gate of the park.

Mr. Roro gets out the car while Tori calls him from behind and asks one final time.

Tori: Like this Mr. Roro?

Mr. Roro looks back and suddenly the sound of a gun going off is heard. With a thud Mr. Roro falls down to the ground, with a bullet in his face.

The driver looks back at Tori and says,

The Diver: You did well young girl. Now shut the door.

Tori closes the door and the car speeds off from the scene. On the seat besides Tori laid the empty envelope, cash and the letter with Mr. Roro’s name on it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tori was still in shock at what she had done. She was trying to make sense of everything. She had initially thought maybe this was all a test to see if Tori would pull the trigger and the gun would be empty. But the gun was loaded and Mr. Roro was dead. Maybe, Mr. Roro duped the Gentleman or maybe just maybe Tori was dreaming. But it was no dream, it was not Tori’s reality and she had to live with it. The car came to a halt with a slight jerk. The driver looks back at Tori again and says,

The driver: We are here Miss. He is waiting for you.

Tori doesn’t say anything. She quickly gets out of the car and starts heading up leaving behind the envelope, gun and the cash.

She makes her way up to the room where she is stopped by the same Girl she had met earlier.

Girl: I heard you did very well. Everything has been taken care of. Please go inside, he wants to talk to you.

Tori enters the room and walks up to the Gentleman. He had a smirk on his face.

The Gentleman: You are really something. I had some doubts but you proved yourself tonight. Go on and rest now. You have a very busy day tomorrow.

Tori stood there completely silent. Things going through her head, the realization of what she had done. But there was one feeling that was missing. Remorse.

Tori finally starts to speak to the gentleman.

Tori: I have no place to go to.

The Gentleman: You work for me now. You will be taken care of. The driver will take you to your new apartment. Buy some new clothes with that cash, and a gun as well.

Tori: May I ask you a question?

The Gentleman: Go on.

Tori: Who are you? What is your name?

The Gentleman: I have been known by many names. People nowadays call me The Godfather.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Gentleman
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL