Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:07:28
Page:  1 
What drives you Started by: saoXcore on May 14, '08 20:21
saoXcore steps out onto the corner of New Orleans' main street and steps up on to his infamous soap box. He lights a cigarette and takes a long drag before he begins to speak.

I won't take up too much of your time. I just have a question for everyone.

saoXcore ashes his cigarette and continues to speak.

We all have different reasons for roaming these streets and working hard for our bosses and everything. My question is...what drives you to go for the gold, so to speak. What drives you to work your ass off. Is it to get auth'd? Is it to earn the trust of your boss? Or is it to look like a hardass walking down the street knowing he has the protection of a crime family.

I know you all most likely don't care for my reasoning, but here it goes anyway. The reason I come out here on a daily basis and make money and work my ass off is to be remembered for doing something. Life doesn't last forever, especially in our world, so what point is there to living if future generations won't remember your name or what you did?

Like I said, I won't keep you long, I have a kitty at home to feed. I would like to know what you have to say though...so please come share.

saoXcore steps down and waits for someone to approach him to take the floor.
Report Post Tip
*Stagger smirks in his usual manner, mumbling to himself, then clears his throat*

Well, pops, first o' all, there ain't no purpose in trying to give reasons as to why life, should be something else than just that. But, if I COULD bypass chance and happenstance and decide that there was a WHY - which o'coz's a silly thought...

*Stagger barks. It may be laughter, you're not sure. Or just mumbo jumbo. Or he could be quoting Marx. He continues after drying up his tears, anyhow.*

...then I'd say I'm here, 'cause I still got a lot of stuff to try out on you folks.

*His voice once again falls deep into uncomprehendable mumbling

Stagger Lee Smiles*
Report Post Tip
So no offence to StaggerLee...but did anyone understand what he said? I sure didn't
Report Post Tip
I don't really know what he said but I think it was something like "There isn't a reason for life, or trying to find it out is silly" and something about "trying stuff out on us" but I'm not really sure.

As for your question, I am not too sure why I do it. Maybe because I just love this game, or it might be because I have nothing better to do. Now that you mention it though it isn't too bad to look like a hardass while walking down the street.

Whatever the reason I know I will keep coming back, and loving this world or ours.
Report Post Tip
*StaggerLee raises an eyebrow, as if he doesn't understand that no one understands. He thinks for a little while*

Let me put it this way, papa -

I like doin' creative things with winchesters, cash and havin' fun with other Men of Class, but there says nothin' 'bout that in the bible, now does there? What I do have no deeper reasons. I ain't no Jesus, no?

You caught THAT baseball, pops?
Report Post Tip
saoXcore gets even more confused but doesn't even care.

Yep, got the baseball and put it in my fanny pack.
Report Post Tip
I'm going to keep this extremely short and simple because I feel it's appropriate for this question.

What drives me, is to become the most dominant mobster in our cities! Every facet of the crime world - jailbreaking, killing, dodging bullets, theft, power, respect, and the most important money. I want all the women to kneel at my feet and all the men to lie dead beside me. I want to be the Boss of Bosses, the King of the jungle.

Anything less, is considered a failure.
Report Post Tip
Well this is more something that should be kept indoors but a valid question none the less. In an idealistic world everyone should be striving to be the best member for their family. Family first no matter what. Getting you own family is something that shouldn't be thought of; rather let it happen naturally, trying to force things can only end in hardships.
Report Post Tip
You know what drives me?

Watching those I care about grow and accomplish their goals..I love watching a new mafioso slowly work his way up the ranks and understand our way of life. I have seen some grow and do great and ive seen some fail terribly.

I use to be driven to be a CL but now I have accomplished that. It use to be 'about me' in a way ya know..but now its about the family and our world as without proplerly helping the new mafioso to understand out world - our world will fall apart and ruin all the hard work we have put into it.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Alfonzo here.

In the beginning it is largely about you and your personal achievements. However as a crew leader there are few things more satisfying than watching someone you have nurtured and protected establish themselves in our community.

A very parental feeling about it really.
Report Post Tip
Well than boss shall I address you as "Daddy" from now on than? Or too much?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What drives you
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL