Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:20
Page:  1 
Something important about being nobody Started by: DaftDave on May 15, '08 04:32
Dave, who's very presence attracted songbirds, dressed in the sharpest suit he could find that didn't empty his wallet out. Of course, by saying that, one can assume Dave was dressed in a hand-me-down working suit and cheap shoes. However, today he wasn't here to talk about his sense of fashion. Something else was on his mind.

I've been called many names over the times; Daft Dave, Dumb Dave, Dimwitted Dave, Does-it-round-the-back Dave, the list goes on. Never before though have I been a soldier. There's a title I like. There's some honour in that, or at least I like to think so.

There's something about being a goon that makes me smile. It might just be the thought of being expendable. Being nothing but a money-earning hoodlum sent out to complete petty tasks while your boss just waits for you to step out of line so that he can do off with another hopeless little wannabe. See, that's why I like to think there's a lot of pride in being a soldier. One misstep and it's not just your career that's sent into the dirt. You gotta perform, no matter what, and you gotta do it good.

Unless a permanent soldier is your idea of a dandy lifestyle, there's that desperation to stick out from the crowd that makes it so exciting. You gotta make yourself heard or resign to becoming another face in the crowd.

You need to impress.

That's why I like being under the watchful and scrutinizing eyes of those with more power than me. I do my best work this way.
Report Post Tip
Gotta look at it from their point of view though...

"Pardon one offense, and you encourage the commission of many."

Either way, it's a nice thrill. Life isn't life without a jog on the razor's edge.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Something important about being nobody
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL