Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:32:03
Page:  1 
New Statesman Vol 3 Interview with JesseJames Started by: ManicStreetPreacher on Nov 15, '11 22:50

Someone uniquely placed to discuss life before and after The Great War is JesseJames.  Reputed to be Godfather of Chicago, he once was often seen with slain long standing mob boss Roman.  Rumoured by many to have shot and killed -Premeir, he is a living legend.

In the first part of a series of interviews, ManicStreetPreachers talks about the war, his role in it and the general atmosphere of the time.

ManicStreetPreacher  It's the height of the winter of discontent, Roman has just reached his two year anniversary.  What's the mood in Chicago like?

JesseJames  There was an eery feeling in Chicago for the month leading up to the attack orchastrated by Chuckle.  The uneasiness is nothing i could really describe there was discontent from months earlier when several members were either punished or killed because of eulogies they attended, that roman thought was inappropriate.  I myself wasnt a fan of how Roman handled the whole situation, but many of

JesseJames  times Romans RHM had no influence on many of his decisions.

ManicStreetPreacher  When the attack came, was it a complete surprise?

JesseJames  The surprise wasnt surprising at all.  To many of us in Chicago it was inevitable and only a matter of time before Chicago would be attacked.  What was surprising was the amount of individuals within the city that were involved.  Honestly, i dont think anyone could blame any of the parties involved.  At the end of the day you do what is best for the community as a whole.

ManicStreetPreacher  Were you aware of the attack before it came?

ManicStreetPreacher  what I mean is, were you approached/

JesseJames  I was never approached by grin or any party involved at any point before the attack.  Like i said, even though i knew nothing about it...I cant say i was surprised either.

ManicStreetPreacher  Who made the first approach?

JesseJames  By first approach you mean, after the initial attack?

ManicStreetPreacher  yes

ManicStreetPreacher  (JJ..??)

JesseJames  The first approach was made by Sexybeast whom i was very close friends with and he explained the situation to me when i got home (OOC: Obligations to my gf took approximately 3 hours of my time).  I had arrived home and Roman had already died by the gun of Isacaron.  Sexybeast got me up to speed on what had already occurred and just the situation as a whole.  He placed an offer on the table

JesseJames  and i took to it

ManicStreetPreacher  What were the terms of the offer?

JesseJames  The terms of the offer were pretty straight forward, I could continue to fight for a Chicago that wasnt really much to begin with after everyone essentially decided to oust Roman, or i could join what was left of Chicago more specifically SexyBeast.

ManicStreetPreacher  and take out Premeir?

JesseJames  The terms never included to take out Premeir.  I was asked to do that after i had already been accepted into SexyBeasts' family.  However, after i joined SexyBeast my loyalty was now to him.  Reality is the war had continued, and the enemy was Premeir, I shot Prem willingly.  It was a tough one to swallow simply because i valued our new friendship (Prem).

ManicStreetPreacher  What do you think were the main problems with Prem's leadership?

JesseJames  I think the main problems with Prem's leadership were strictly his past.  Sometimes its hard for people to forget the past.  On top of that i think nobody can really relate to the guy because of the way he speaks to people in a very condescending manner.  He obviously has great leadership qualities, but at times thinks too highly of himself.  I think at one point or another were all pretty

JesseJames  guilty of such.

ManicStreetPreacher  People are interested - possibly fascinated - by the various underground groups.  Would you agree with this?

JesseJames  I think anything that brings energy to the streets people will be fascinated by

ManicStreetPreacher  Let's go back to before the winter of discontent - you were a high ranking and well connected man in Chicago.  Chicago had a few underground attacks on it.  What was mood amongst the top brass?  Were people at all nervous?

JesseJames  People were not nervous at all to be perfectly honest.  If anything the whole underground movement was a bit of an annoyance if anything.

ManicStreetPreacher  why the anti-terrorist treaty then?

JesseJames  I just think at some point the annoyance because a bit overbearing for too many and action had to be taken

ManicStreetPreacher  My own opinion is that the treaty on it's own wasn't enough to cause the war - but coupled with the executions, along with other things (inc. Roman's non retirement) - it was too much

Report Post Tip

ManicStreetPreacher -  Who made the first approach? JesseJames -  By first approach you mean, after the initial attack? ManicStreetPreacher -  yes ManicStreetPreacher -  (JJ..??) JesseJames -  The first approach was made by Sexybeast whom i was very close friends with and he explained the situation to me when i got home (OOC: Obligations to my gf took approximately 3 hours of my time).  I had arrived home and Roman had already died by the gun of Isacaron.  Sexybeast got me up to speed on what had already occurred and just the situation as a whole.  He placed an offer on the table JesseJames -  and i took to it ManicStreetPreacher -  What were the terms of the offer? JesseJames -  The terms of the offer were pretty straight forward, I could continue to fight for a Chicago that wasnt really much to begin with after everyone essentially decided to oust Roman, or i could join what was left of Chicago more specifically SexyBeast. ManicStreetPreacher -  and take out Premeir? JesseJames -  The terms never included to take out Premeir.  I was asked to do that after i had already been accepted into SexyBeasts' family.  However, after i joined SexyBeast my loyalty was now to him.  Reality is the war had continued, and the enemy was Premeir, I shot Prem willingly.  It was a tough one to swallow simply because i valued our new friendship (Prem).   ManicStreetPreacher -  What do you think were the main problems with Prem's leadership? JesseJames -  I think the main problems with Prem's leadership were strictly his past.  Sometimes its hard for people to forget the past.  On top of that i think nobody can really relate to the guy because of the way he speaks to people in a very condescending manner.  He obviously has great leadership qualities, but at times thinks too highly of himself.  I think at one point or another were all pretty JesseJames -  guilty of such. ManicStreetPreacher -  People are interested - possibly fascinated - by the various underground groups.  Would you agree with this? JesseJames -  I think anything that brings energy to the streets people will be fascinated by ManicStreetPreacher -  Let's go back to before the winter of discontent - you were a high ranking and well connected man in Chicago.  Chicago had a few underground attacks on it.  What was mood amongst the top brass?  Were people at all nervous? JesseJames -  People were not nervous at all to be perfectly honest.  If anything the whole underground movement was a bit of an annoyance if anything. ManicStreetPreacher -  why the anti-terrorist treaty then? JesseJames -  I just think at some point the annoyance because a bit overbearing for too many and action had to be taken ManicStreetPreacher -  My own opinion is that the treaty on it's own wasn't enough to cause the war - but coupled with the executions, along with other things (inc. Roman's non retirement) - it was too much

ManicStreetPreacher -  Who made the first approach?
JesseJames -  By first approach you mean, after the initial attack?
ManicStreetPreacher -  yes
ManicStreetPreacher -  (JJ..??)
JesseJames -  The first approach was made by Sexybeast whom i was very close friends with and he explained the situation to me when i got home (OOC: Obligations to my gf took approximately 3 hours of my time).  I had arrived home and Roman had already died by the gun of Isacaron.  Sexybeast got me up to speed on what had already occurred and just the situation as a whole.  He placed an offer on the table
JesseJames -  and i took to it
ManicStreetPreacher -  What were the terms of the offer?
JesseJames -  The terms of the offer were pretty straight forward, I could continue to fight for a Chicago that wasnt really much to begin with after everyone essentially decided to oust Roman, or i could join what was left of Chicago more specifically SexyBeast.
ManicStreetPreacher -  and take out Premeir?
JesseJames -  The terms never included to take out Premeir.  I was asked to do that after i had already been accepted into SexyBeasts' family.  However, after i joined SexyBeast my loyalty was now to him.  Reality is the war had continued, and the enemy was Premeir, I shot Prem willingly.  It was a tough one to swallow simply because i valued our new friendship (Prem).
 ManicStreetPreacher -  What do you think were the main problems with Prem's leadership?
JesseJames -  I think the main problems with Prem's leadership were strictly his past.  Sometimes its hard for people to forget the past.  On top of that i think nobody can really relate to the guy because of the way he speaks to people in a very condescending manner.  He obviously has great leadership qualities, but at times thinks too highly of himself.  I think at one point or another were all pretty
JesseJames -  guilty of such.
ManicStreetPreacher -  People are interested - possibly fascinated - by the various underground groups.  Would you agree with this?
JesseJames -  I think anything that brings energy to the streets people will be fascinated by
ManicStreetPreacher -  Let's go back to before the winter of discontent - you were a high ranking and well connected man in Chicago.  Chicago had a few underground attacks on it.  What was mood amongst the top brass?  Were people at all nervous?
JesseJames -  People were not nervous at all to be perfectly honest.  If anything the whole underground movement was a bit of an annoyance if anything.
ManicStreetPreacher -  why the anti-terrorist treaty then?
JesseJames -  I just think at some point the annoyance because a bit overbearing for too many and action had to be taken
ManicStreetPreacher -  My own opinion is that the treaty on it's own wasn't enough to cause the war - but coupled with the executions, along with other things (inc. Roman's non retirement) - it was too much

Report Post Tip

Failing much today mate?

Report Post Tip

I think today should be written off as a succesfull day Jonizzel!

Report Post Tip

Editors. They're a fine bunch of folk. I heard there were a few in Detroit looking for work :p

Report Post Tip

The editing lets down a very interesting article...

Report Post Tip

It certainly does. Quite interesting. I am sure if you speak to one of those HelpDesk people they will re-run this article for you.

Report Post Tip

Am a big lover of the New Statesmen MSP, but i'd sack the secretary. All in all another vivid read

Although I always thought it was Kimble, not Isacaron who got the final shot on Roman

Report Post Tip

jaz- it was isa who shot roman for sure. If memory serves me, kimble didnt actually take a "big" shot.

Report Post Tip

jax-*

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Statesman Vol 3 Interview with JesseJames
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL