Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:39:03
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The World-Wide Spuff-Couture Chess Tournament Started by: THE_SINGER on Nov 16, '11 10:34

THE_SINGER was walking down the street in an absolute hurry when a random paper flew and hit him in the face caused by the wind. Grabbing it he tried throwing it to the ground but it wrapped around his hand. With his other hand he grabbed the flyer and looked at it as he continued to walk. What was on the paper stopped him dead in his tracks.

A World Wide Chess tournament?! Unbelievable!

THE_SINGER was an unbelievably huge fan of the game they call Chess and if there was anyway to get another tournament started he would surely be there. He took the flyer home with him immediately and began scribbling on it changing a few things and after a while he made a giant copy of it all and decided to send it out to all of his friends, But before he could he had to make one phone call for the approval of this tournament.

Hey..You there? Calling his friend he had decided to tell him about the chess tournament. Listen a while back a Woman named Karma Couture invented a chess tournament. It was one of the most widely watched things in her time man. It was full of emotion and city pride and money Lots of freaking money! The top two winners got 8 million and 6 million. Spuff Waffle was the champion of the entire tournament. What if we decided to remake this Chess Tournament?

Moments of silence echoed through the other side of the phone until finally his friend wished to know more.

It was done so well the first time i honestly dont think there is any reason to change anything about it except probably the name. I will change the name to The WorldWide Spuff-Couture Chess Tournament in honor of the first Champion and the creator of this tournament. Me personally, i will donate one million to the winner and hopefully people will wish to donate to the tournament in some way! So, will you allow me to remake your mothers tournament?

With a firm yes THE_SINGER was nearly peed his pants with the upcoming Remake of Karma-Coutures Chess Tournament he sent out countless invitations and posters around the cities.

CHESS TOURNAMENT 20th November - 5th August

Sign up procedure: Send THE_SINGER a mobmail that you're interested in participating before the 20th of November at 22:00 MR time. Subject mobmail: SPUFF-COUTURE CHESS TOURNAMENT.

Round 1: 20th of November till 23rd of November
After all sign ups have been processed people will get a partner assigned that they will play between the 20th and 23rd of November.

Round 2: 24th of November till 26th of November
Winners of round 1 will get assigned by a schedule to eachother once again.

Round 3: 27th of November till 29th of November
Winners of round 2 will get assigned by a schedule to eachother once again.

Round 4: 30th of November till 2nd of December
FINAL ROUNDS!

The exact form of the rounds will be more clear once participation numbers are known, the schedule will be announced directly after sign up closes.
It could look something like this: Example Schedule!

WHO: YOU!!!

WHAT: Spuff-Couture Chess Tournament!!!

WHEN: 20th of November till 1st of December

WHERE: Chess Hotel!

WHY: In honor of one of my more favorite contributions to MR and in honor of the two people who deserve the name of the title Spuff Waffle, first chess champion and Karma Couture, creator of the Chess Tournament.

HOW:Rules!

Extra: Please please please, don't sign up if you can't make these dates. Every round has a 3 day window for you and your opponent to sit down and play the match, which is hopefully enough time.

Extra extra: As evidence a screenshot of each match is required. Use your IGN to play the match.

Prizes: 1,000,000 To the winner of the tourney. (Donating to the Spuff-Couture Chess Tournament is highly appreciated.)

Additional information:

The game we will play is random chess, chess hotel also offers regular chess. Make sure you're playing the random version!
Aside from that, the game offers the option to play with a clock. For our tournament we will NOT play with a time limit.
Make sure before inviting your opponent that you've turned this clock off in the options menu because on default it's on a 10 minute timer.

Any questions, please ask in here so everyone can see the answer!

Report Post Tip

SINGER you never cease to amaze me with your street pressence and unique ideas. I am very excited to see this tourneyment start up and join in. I imagine many will jump at the opportunity to show off their fancy skills and prove to be the top chess mobster.

SpaceCowboy runs quickly towards SINGER to sign up for the challange.

Report Post Tip

I'm in. I hear my father did reasonably well, and even fought the mighty Spuffwaffle.

Report Post Tip

ATTENTION ATTENTION: There is no limit to enteries. There is no entrance fee.

SINGER hears Spacecowboy.

Ha well thankyou brother but i cant take this credit it was the late Karma Couture who invented the idea of Mafia chess tournament. Are you joining in?

Report Post Tip

This sounds great..it should become an interesting event. You can count on my participation

Report Post Tip

SINGER looks at Mike

Mike, dont you have a Chess Cafe somewhere where people can learn or practice their skills?

Report Post Tip

Count me in, I keel you all! My chess kung-fu is unstoppable!

Report Post Tip

So if im right i have 7 people total signed up.

Come one come all sign up and win a Million dollars!

Report Post Tip

I'll chuck another million in the prize fund. It seems indecent to ask the intellectual elite of the Mobster community to play for so little remuneration.

Report Post Tip

Mike look at singer with a sad look

It has been the practise of my family for many years to run a chesscafe, alas i have been to lazy to get one up and running...but ill have to look into tha, untill then this is a good initiative

Report Post Tip

Im in! I love chess its the ultimate game of strategy (besides risk)

Report Post Tip

I'll gladly put my name down for this thank you my friend.

It will be an honour to enter a contest based on two such legendary names.

Report Post Tip

I will definitely be signing up for this.   My father Turtleneck did alright in an earlier Chess tournament in these streets not so long ago.   It would be an honour to carry on that tradition and hopefully show these mafiosos that Im not just a tanned muscular man with clean clothes.

Report Post Tip

We will also be entering

RickJames.

and

Pratster

What is that 12 now? Six more would make me a happy man!

Report Post Tip

SINGER walks out to the streets and announces the list so far.

We have two million in prize money along with five credits. You have absolutely nothing to lose. We are looking for a few more members to join us. If you feel like donating please let me know this would be highly appreciated. As far as the tounament goes i will try and not put the same city members against each other right away, however it looks like chicago is going to basically have no choice.

1-Madara---------------ST.LOUIS
2-ElmerFudd------------PHILADELPHIA
3-AlabamaWorley--------DETROIT
4-Slab-----------------CHICAGO
5-MikeTrabotti---------NEW ORLEANS
6-Kpacu----------------PHILADELPHIA
7-THE_SINGER-----------NEW YORK
8-Space_Cowboy---------DETROIT
9-RickJames------------CHICAGO
10-GymTanLaundry-------CHICAGO
11-FrankyFingers-------CHICAGO
12-Pratster------------CHICAGO
13 ChrisRedfield-------NEW YORK

Report Post Tip

1-Madara---------------ST.LOUIS
2-ElmerFudd------------PHILADELPHIA
3-AlabamaWorley--------DETROIT
4-Slab-----------------CHICAGO
5-MikeTrabotti---------NEW ORLEANS
6-Kpacu----------------PHILADELPHIA
7-THE_SINGER-----------NEW YORK
8-Space_Cowboy---------DETROIT
9-RickJames------------CHICAGO
10-GymTanLaundry-------CHICAGO
11-FrankyFingers-------CHICAGO
12-Pratster------------CHICAGO
13-ChrisRedfield-------NEW YORK
14-Raptor--------------CHICAGO

Could it be we only need two more?!

Report Post Tip

Right Singer put me in for this if you can chess was my game a few years back not played for a while but i while give it a crack

Report Post Tip

I will join as well. My grandfather played in the original and suprised a few people!

Report Post Tip

THE_SINGER comes out with the list.

Alright so i tried not to put the same city against each other but might just be the case by the second round. If you see your opponent please send them a letter and tell them you have three days to schedule a match.

Remember i need a screenshot of the match to know who won. I will update the rounds with the winners in The Chess Brackets!

In the words of Shang Tsung
It Has begun!

Round 1

1-Madara(STL) vs GymTanLaundry(CH)
2-THE_SINGER(NY) vs SLAB(CH)
3-Space_Cowboy(DT) vs Raptor(CH)
4-MikeTrabotti(NO) vs Fattyfats(CH)

5-Kpacu(PH) vs weebobby(NY)
6-AlabamaWorley(DT) vs FrankyFingers(CH)
7-ChrisRedfield(NY) vs Rickjames(CH)
8-Elmerfudd(PH) vs Pratster(CH)

Report Post Tip

There is only one more day to get your first round matches over with. As soon as you get them done please come and inform me so i can update the second round. From what i understand

Madara has moved to the second round
and so has Chrisredfield.

SINGER waits for Slab to come around.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The World-Wide Spuff-Couture Chess Tournament
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL