Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 04:03:14
Page:  1 
Albino climbs a wall Started by: Albino on Jan 01, '24 18:49

The first of January. Al's favourite day of the year! 

"New year! New me!" He was convinced. 
"No more craziness." He nodded sternly.
"No more mud slinging..." Perhaps he didn't think this through.

"No!" Stopping dead in his tracks before concluding. "New me."

Empowered by the latest rotation around the sun, Albino bounces down the road with a spring in his step - and a roll of paper in his hand! Oh shit, not another announcement. MORE listening?! Did we REALLY sign up for all this fancy-dress malarkey?

Albino tuts, giggling to himself as he daydreams through the streets of Philadelphia where the business district was now beginning to show signs of new life. He was ecstatic!

It was certainly true he was a cranky old man, but Albino refused to mature - made obvious by his joyous skipping through the bustling crowds. Not a thing could bring him down! He begins to hum a merry little tune as he rounds the next corner when suddenly he's interrupted by an unusual looking fellow - like a Detroiter, but with big fuzzy hair. He was carrying one of those new fancy electric guitars all the kids are raving about... Not really much of a disguise for sneaking around having quiet conversations with people - Albino shrugged off the thought.

While his identity remained shrouded, his request was clear as day: 'Care to elaborate' he demanded, followed by a quote from (real) Al's first attempt to take a stand. After some time, Albino managed to perfectly recite what was said during the entire segment - word for word!

Impressed with himself, he ponders aloud, 'I think he must've been so amazed at your memory, Al... That's why he just went quiet and disappeared.' He wonders. 'Or maybe he really was an undercover, like you suspected?!' His eyes narrowed. He didn't have time for that right now.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!" Albino exclaims. "BECAUSE NOTHING IS RUINING JANUARY THE FIRST!"

He continues his merry tune as he bursts into life, pushing his ageing body to its extremes - leaping up and on to a large wall.

"No, not this one..." He carefully makes his way back down, skipping a short distance before climbing up another.

"Nah... This one's too short." He hops back on to the ground before skipping towards and up yet another wall.

"Nope. It's close... But this isn't right." He jumps off with a sulk, narrowly escaping a damaged ankle. Stressed, he snorts an inhale and surveys the area.

"A-ha!" Found it. Perfectly placed in the centre of Philadelphia, overlooking the business district. This was the spot.

Low on stamina but high on life, Albino wheezes as he begins his ascent. Why did he have to choose the tallest wall? Did it really matter that much..? To him it did. He didn't fear the end... He'd gladly die before giving up this wall! 

Albino struggles and grunts as he pulls with all his might, his arms tiring with each tug, "One last push, Al..." He puffs with encouragement before finally declaring victory, jumping to his feet and trusting his balance entirely.

"I FUCKING DID IT!!!" Albino screams out across the beautiful view of Shoresy's City of Philadelphia from what felt like the tallest point for miles - on top of the fourth wall. 

"I'M ON TOP OF THE FUCKING WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD, MA!" He shouts, waiting for the bounce of his echo before giggling to himself. He loved that sound.

"Shit! My notes..." Albino peers over the edge, his tattered bit of paper was nowhere to be seen. But at least he had his wall.

"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, yada yada - I come bearing news!" Albino waved at the crowds, begging for attention. "I promise - I'm not here to start any fires..." He rushes to correct himself, "Err, fights. No fights... No fires either!" Saved.

"This is better than all of that!" He grinned. "The Philadelphia Business District is ALIVE!"

"Already we've got TWO new businesses in Philadelphia! Don Sylence - an already established Philly businessman has expanded! Opening his SECOND company - Vendetta Loan Emporium!" Albino applauds, encouraging the crowd to join him. "Now, if this was any old street gangster, I might advise you to think twice before you go trusting folk with money. But this man is high profile in Philadelphia... You can't go wrong dealing with him." He pauses, lowering the tone.

"A word of advice though... Probably best to pay him back on time. Trust me."

Albino stops for a moment to catch his breath and looks down for his notes, quickly remembering he'd left them at the bottom of his giant new wall. "Woah!" He throws his arms out, battling with his balance as he leans forward too far, forgetting his situation and entirely forgetting his next point. He really needs notes.

"Knuckles Knockout Kings!" He remembered. "What a name!" Albino claps his hands.

"Now I think we all know I'm quite keen to bully the youngsters from time to time... Or really - those who know no better, in general." Albino smugs. "But I can appreciate a hard worker when I see one too! I can't say I've ever met this Knuckles fellow before - I don't spend too much time with little Goombas and the sort... Frank's put me off 'em." 

"However - I can't see our new young friend Knuckles lacking that magic button for long if they put this sort of effort into helping the family! This kid's already got a business in the beautiful booming city of Philadelphia! At such a young age!" Albino applauds loudly, inspiring the crowd to join him.

"So Knuckles has a gym - in Transistor's very beautiful South Philly. They're after trainers - so if you're interested, get yourselves down there!"

Albino claps his hands together, overjoyed he remembered the next part without delay.

"So, TWO new businesses already in Philadelphia - isn't that exciting?!" He clenches both his fists and throws them in the air. "In spite of my recent appearance being... unusual." He rubs his chin and organises his thoughts. "I tried to take a stand... But sometimes my brain goes one way, my mouth another way and suddenly w-w-w... words make no sense." He chuckles with embarrassment. "You understand, right?"

"Some other exciting news for you all!" Albino interrupts himself. "Remember when I said Godfather Transistor would recognise our hard work?" Albino places his hands on his waist, puffing his chest out. "I was right! The old man's chucked me the first two business entrant's prizes! $10,000,000!"

"So - you two beautiful bastards who were first to aid in the expansion of Philly's business district - you'll both be receiving DOUBLE the appreciation!" Albino signals one of his heavies who proceeds to deliver a briefcase each to Sylence and Knuckles. "Don Sylence. Goomba Knuckles. Thank you. We appreciate your partnership."

Albino was beginning to tire. An extreme seeing-in of the New Year followed by theatre at the top of his wall - he was exhausted! He looked over at the far-reaching boundaries of the streets in the distance. There was so much that could be done around here, yet so little effort was made. He was sad, but not deterred.

"I may have a sharp tongue and loud opinion - but we can agree on one thing. This place is truly beautiful..." He takes in a deep breath and looks over at young (but FAKE!) blitzy beginning to make their face known, drawing in characters like BigPun and Meliodass to help them find their way.

He smiles with glee as he watches the hubbub of the streets. "Hey - has anyone gone to see SonnyFranzese? I hope he's doing alright in there... I dread to think what they do to a daydreamer inside!" Al shudders. "I hope Don Fluffy's got his back." He seemed to have taken a liking to Sonny and was keen for his return.

His thoughts continued to trail off, bedtime was near. "Okay... I've had enough now."

Albino leaps from the top of his wall, landing majestically like a cat. His ankles still have plenty of life left after all! He hurries over to a dozing Frank, entrusted with the job of staying awake. "Wake up Frank! Watch this." 

Albino nudges Frank off of the resting position he had found against the sledgehammer he'd been left with. "I said look after it, not cuddle it!" He grabs the hammer, gradually lifting it behind his back and above his head before sprinting at the wall and throwing it into the centre of the brickwork. He takes a deep breath and forces the weapon back above his head - swinging for a second time. He proceeds for some time until finally the wall begins to cave. 

He was drained. And he was finished - for now. He'd had his fun. He'd beaten the fourth wall.

Albino made his way through the roaring crowd to shake hands with Philadelphia's newest business partners Sylence and Knuckles.

"Welcome to the Biz, fellas."

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

blitz headed towards the man with a smile* hello! i have gift for you, for the new year *you see it was a diamond in crusted watch* had it handmade by my older brother, its for givin me a lesson on the street. 'dont let no one be too close to punch you' *hands it over

Report Post Tip

Albino fixes his stance as he spots blitzy approaching. Before he could start slinging insults, blitzy broke the atmosphere with a smile before offering a gift. Perplexed, Albino takes a moment to consider his options.

"Hm... That's not a bad watch - I must confess." The Consigliere looks the Goomba up and down. "Alright, you've won me over. I reckon you got a chance in this life after all..." He snaps the watch box closed before tucking it inside his jacket pocket.

"Real bae-litzy never did much anyway - you'll outshine him in no time!" Albino chuckles, knowing the lazy bastard probably won't even hear of this.

"That's a good lesson to pick up early - keep your wits about ya and don't get punched. You should get yourself down to @Knuckle's gym in Philly so you can learn to throw one next!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

*nods* thats what i was plannin on after my visit in new york. been enjoyin the sites. i defenitly will keep my wits up. even tho i aint that smart. been trying to open a few resturants round vegas and new york to drum up buisness; plus ive always been a gift giver, even those that thought i was another dude *he chuckled* 

Report Post Tip

The cash prize was worth more than the young goomba from New York had anticipated. A whopping ten million dollars certainly made him feel special. 

Consigliere Albino, I find it an honor that you would find my gun worth investing in. As a former boxer from London, I always had the dreams to make it rich so I am excited to finally have gotten there. I find what you are doing to be something very thrilling for the community at large as you are reinvesting into it. 

Knuckles lets out an exhale. 

I find it disappointing more people in our line of work aren’t active in the business districts. I heard how that’s how life once was in this life we live. Albino, perhaps I can show you a few techniques when you have some time. 

Report Post Tip

A black car pulls up and the driver opens the door. Godfather Transistor emerges from the rear driver's side door and walks over to the gathered crowd, and Albino.

Transistor extends his hand toward Albino. Transistor shakes Albino's hand, covered in dirt from the wall he had climbed shortly before; unbeknownst to Transistor. He pats his hands together and a dust cloud forms. The two cough slightly.

Albino, you have a fascinating methodology, but as I told you when you began this operation, I trust you and your judgement and this operation seems to be a delightful success. I can see the business district teeming with pedestrians already. Wonderful additions to the fray here in Philadelphia.

I see you have distributed my contribution of the additional $5,000,000 per business and I'd like to offer an additional 2.5 million dollars to each of the next 3 high effort businesses to open their doors here in Philly. That means each of the next 3 eligible businesses' owners will receive a total of $7,500,000 each.

When our businesses succeed, we all succeed. That's the kind of city we want to run. And with that I bid you all adieu.

Transistor gets back into the car and speeds off down the way.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Albino climbs a wall
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL