Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 04:13:19
Page:  1 
Detroit and its future Started by: Music on Jan 01, '24 21:06

To start, there is some confusion about me setting up here in Detroit. DeadlySin authed me into Corktown, and he also authed Corky as GFC in Bricktown. 

Over the past few months, I was kept mostly in the loop of things by the other city leaders than even within my own city. Oftentimes, I was left in the dark in Detroit and had to reach outside of Detroit to find out what was going on. 

I was not aware of what was going to happen to Corky, but I do understand the concerns that the West Coast and New York had in regards to how to assess potential rogues. While I am not happy at all about the passing of the rest of Detroit, Corky’s values clashed with the regime unfortunately and I understand why they did it. Corky is a wonderful person, and she sticks to her guns.  

As for the concerns of South-Paw, his actions have proven that he could not be trusted. I could not trust him. Previously, over years, his line has attacked me before. I was giving his line a chance here, even though I didn’t know it was him when he joined since we had not talked for over a year, since the last time he verbally abused me. There was enough conclusive evidence that showed he was not going to let up on his plans to kill Fluffy at some point, and that when his friends died in New York, who he had been working with closely in a group for many months, he might act on his unbridled emotions. 

Now lets turn on the future of Detroit now. Changes have to be made to rebuild it in the flourishing city it once was. I am happy that Slash agreed to step up and make Corktown his own. He will be accompanied by NovemberRain and AxlRose. It must be no surprise that both his hands love some Music too.

I will move with my crew to Bricktown and take Godfather Chairman there. Brent Everett will move here to be my RH and Kiala will stay as my LH.

Now take a moment to listen to this song and let the music get into your head.

Report Post Tips: 20 / Total: $580,000 Tip

As for the concerns of South-Paw, his actions have proven that he could not be trusted. I could not trust him. Previously, over years, his line has attacked me before. I was giving his line a chance here, even though I didn’t know it was him when he joined since we had not talked for over a year, since the last time he verbally abused me. There was enough conclusive evidence that showed he was not going to let up on his plans to kill Fluffy at some point, and that when his friends died in New York, who he had been working with closely in a group for many months, he might act on his unbridled emotions.

hi, as a decendant of this lineage id like some clarification... ..

I remember when my lineage joined you and je told you who it was..... your reply was...

"I'm surprised your joined  me becuasue I survived when you was all killed"................ I mean, pretty relevant considering. 

I just want to further enhance that my lineage has never wrong you, in fact they thought you how to shoot, a long time ago. 

They have never PURGED your lineage

They have never wrong your lineage

They have never rogues your lineage.

They untill recently, have alway and fond memories of thier interactions.  So it's a shame that you feel you need to badmouth my lineage when you're the one that's wrong it many times..

Anyway. Good luck with the rebuild. I'm sure, when the vultures come knocking..... you'll be in the bunker

Report Post Tips: 16 / Total: $1,040,000 Tip

Georgette walked up to ♥Music and handed her a plate of cookies, "They're nothing fancy, baking isn't really my strong point these days." The woman admits. Glancing over at Panzer Georgette shook her head, "Truly, the government needs to do something about the mental health crisis in this country." she said softly before taking a cooking and handing it to the man. "There there, sir. Things will start looking up for you soon, I hope." 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $1,100,000 Tip

Sighlentnyte tilted his head back listening to the shit dribbling from the future GFC mouth, inhaling deeply on his cigarette  watching the few and far between people gathering around, he couldn't help but grin crookedly

Music, no offence,  but you got a Lil something dribbling down your chin there... most of the people here know you got a way of hiding in your bunker, yet knowing all the information, it's a smart way to play, but coward as shit. I still have grandpa's letter of when corky authed you so cut the codwash,  give me a new fabricated truth. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $470,000 Tip

Some have questioned the turn out for the speech Music presented to the public. In a world where speeches are rarely seen, it is these moments that you must appreciate. Regardless the direction this group of people surrounding Music go, just know she came to give her side where most don't. 

clears throat for a confusing discussion

Being clueless to what this gathering is about i must defend the Godfather Chairmen of Detroit city. She took me in when i was stranded and to allow individuals who are not even apart of her city to have say, well how have you came across this information where you feel such way?

AlbeeAl shakes head in discuss before congratulating Music on becoming Chairmen.

Report Post Tip
You can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day it still just a pig.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Stares the the man head to toe, a smug look washes over his face

He yells out before the man walks away "I refuse to step foot into a cowards territory, my grandpa  advised me how may God rest their soul Corky and Yaveo, paid and helped music build their security we all know that shit ain't cheap, her door was never closed even down to the gangster, she was transparent with those as consig, Don, boss to those that proved their loyalty and trust,  she spoke so highly of your pending GFC only for her to hide in a bunker till smoke cleared, pathetic!" 

He huffed and flicked the butt towards the GFC and her shmucks as he took off into the city

Report Post Tip

Standing to one side, in attendance for the words presented to the crowds by the new Godfather Chairman of Detroit, he blinked a few times as he spotted a bunch of youths in tattered clothing throwing out words of hate. He couldnt help but feel sorry for them, without families, looking like they didnt even have food to eat.

Young ones, its okay to not be angry. I know a shelter nearby which can serve you a warm meal and provide you a bed for the night. That should surely make you feel a little better after.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

After listening to the words of the soon to be GFC of Detroit, Gillian approaches and says:

"I am friends with the Fluffster and i would hate if something happened to him. I was friend with GFC Corky too and while i know little of the reasons that led to her demise, along with all of her crew, i feel truly sad to see someone who apparently was helped by her (by having authorization to set up, paying fortifications, bodyguards and all), simply let her die and then later take her place and have the courage to give a speech in the Streets saying that you didn't owe her anything. For me, those are the words of someone who cannot take action and its truly terrifying to see this someone becoming a GFC."

She stops for a second and looks around:

"I know that voicing my opinion out loud here might lead me to the grave, this happened a lot before with my ancestors, so i must say: I do not have any intention of going amok and avenging anyone, specially since i'm a lazy fuck and almost never go to the shooting stand. So if listening to an unwanted opinion is enough reason for me to die, so be it. Getting killed in this world of ours for no reason at all or for shitty ass reasons, looks like a common thing these days."

She lights a cigarette and walks away.

You know, my father knew something of giving everything to people who then chose to stand by and watch as he died. Corky was one of those people that stood by and watched. 

Now don't take this the wrong way, because I take nothing personally about my father's death and I was as close to Corky as my father ever was - just pointing out that maybe emotion clouds our judgement and leads us to not see things objectively.

Anyway, I digress. My point really is this - this stuff shouldn't be taken personally, and what's most important now is rebuilding and seeing Detroit rise to flourish once more.

Also Sighlentnyte - your grandpa may have received a mail from Corky announcing Music's auth, but as Balls' son I can tell you that you don't know what went on behind closed doors and you don't know the conversations that transpired. Think on that before you accuse people of fabricated truths that in reality you have no actual clue about.

"DeadlySin, i completely agree with you. I have argued with Corky countless times about your father's death. She was only in this world of ours because your father asked her to, she told me herself that she didn't want to be here, but she end up staying and because of your father and she achieved all she achieved because of him. And she stood watching you die and did nothing. I have discussed this with her and called her out on it before. She also watched as your father killed my grandmother Christabella and did nothing.

As the saying goes, what goes around comes around, but that doesn't change the fact that Music also did nothing and watched her GFC get killed, and now she is going to take the place of the demised GFC. I would be embarrassed if it was me, as for me, being GFC comes with great responsability. One must have honor, courage and leadership. 

If the requirements for being GFC is cowardice and failure to take action, then the responsibles for chosing such GFCs are to be applauded."

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $510,000 Tip

Is a Godfather Chairman's ultimate responsibility not to safeguard their people, their city? I'm sure we agree that yes it is, which is why I can confidently tell you that had my own father known what was going to happen, he still would've done nothing to stop it and would've willingly accepted death. I can also tell you he would've 100% told Corky that she made the right choice doing exactly what she did. Do you think that makes my father a bad GFC? Would you have seen that as cowardice? 

Is this not what Music herself has done also? Accepting potentially a lot of criticism and hate, to keep her people and her part of Detroit alive? Had she fought I am sure that she could've obviously done some damage, but ultimately the rest of Detroit would have ended up dead too. Protecting your people by whatever means necessary is exactly what makes someone a good leader - sometimes that means picking up arms and fighting, and sometimes that means knowing when not to fight.

Going out in a blaze of glory is surely a wonderful fairy tale, but often in life this is not the reality.

"Yes, i accept that sometimes we should know when not to fight. And i want to reiterate, that this is my opinion, and my opinion only. If it was me, i would've died with my city and supported my GFC til the end. A captain does not abandon the ship when its sinking, he drowns with it. This is what i think is honor, courage and loyalty.

Also, your father was a great leader and my grandmother was proud of being part of the Sack. She massaged the Balls everyday, i've heard."

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Is this not what Music herself has done also? Accepting potentially a lot of criticism and hate, to keep her people and her part of Detroit alive? Had she fought I am sure that she could've obviously done some damage, but ultimately the rest of Detroit would have ended up dead too. Protecting your people by whatever means necessary is exactly what makes someone a good leader - sometimes that means picking up arms and fighting, and sometimes that means knowing when not to fighfigh

The real tradgey is that we didn't see her frequent any of the funerals of her lost city. At the very least I would have expected he to visit her late gfc's funeral. I.mean you can argue the logistics and ethics all day long. But it's really poor form and even more disappointing that she couldn't even come out and show respect to them there, regardless of the How's and the whys

And thays not limited to music and this instance.  I'd expect anyone in that situation to st least show some decorum and write an obituary. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Stops mid stride cockiny his head slightly to listen better at the pitiful meanwhile Music stands their mute.

Muttering below his breath "tis not because I'm hungry I'm mad, nor is it because I lack shelter, nor do I want it, I'll happily sleep with the whores in a who're house: he sighs

"My ancestors have been in thick suits and the likes they all said it is over rated, nor do half the asshats speak openly between their alliances... "

He draws out a cigar as he makes his next drug deal in hopes a CL with some ethics is actually around.

Report Post Tip

Gigantopithecus listens to the street poet Sighlentnyte and tries to deconstruct the prose. Finding no meaningful interpretation, he shrugs his shoulders and weighs in with his own two cents...

"I mean, I'd also happily sleep with the whores at the whorehouse, but I don't see what that has to do with any of this conversation."

A man of great honour and a sixth sense of a good whorehouse, Japana could hear his ears burning. He heard Music and whorehouse in the same conversation and could only applaud her if she had opened one up in the city. It would be money for old rope but was this true or had Japana misheard the conversations had by a few?

It is up to Music to rebuild Detroit and I'm intrigued at to what power ballads she will listen too whilst doing so.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Detroit and its future
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL