Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:06:11
Page:  1 
What is your destiny Started by: _Rhuarc_ on May 16, '08 09:24
I walk up to the street, around people campaigning for TestRank1 and people counting out PrinceofCheeses hidden treasure, forcing my to the front, I take a look around and see a large assortment of characters. Some, stand on corners with their guns silhouetted against their suit jackets, smoking cigars looking out for a weak link in the crowded streets. Others are peddling drugs out of their large trench coats, whispering so as not to be heard. People powerfully built and dressed smart, leading gangsters to an unknown destination, nodding to people as they go by. Then I wonder about myself, where am I going?

"I come here today, to ask you if you know your destiny? Or at least if you have a good idea where you'd like to be?

"Most people dream of leading, of wearing that shiny suit, owning their own building and running their own family however, the majority of you will not lead. Most of us will work hard for our leader but to what end? Surely those who do not succeed had a plan, some goal in life they wanted to get to, maybe they achieved it, maybe not, only they will know.

"So I ask again, what do you believe your destiny is and how you plan on reaching it?"
Report Post Tip
Like anything, it's one day at a time.

My destiny? Simply to serve my family, bring strength and honor to their name in all that I do.

Of course, I'd like to get rich, find a molto bella bambina to settle down with and start pumping out kids, but aside the personal ambitions... my services to This Thing... they come first.

What ever life hands me, I'll take.
Report Post Tip

What ever life hands me, I'll take.

"What would you like life to hand you? You have personal life ambition but what ambition do you have in the underworld? Do you wish to be a Crew Leader? A Sub-Crew Leader? A hitman, a high earner, a ferret tickler?

And high five on the molto bella bambina!"
Report Post Tip
The funny thing about destiny and ambition is that it can cloud your judgment.

We all have the hopes and dreams of leading or if nothing else being the best we can be. But setting goals, limited goals, like "I am going to make CL, no matter the cost." Well that is putting yourself in front of your family and there was the first wrong move. Just being the best you can be, working hard for your family is the best destiny you can hope for. Those that have been in the position of leadership before can spot those who are simply working to get ahead personally, not for the good of the family, and many if not most times it ends up with that person getting themselves killed.

It is not easy in this world of ours to be a well rounded mafioso. It takes a lot of ambition to cover all the areas of our world. It takes even more ambition to do those things well. If you can succeed at that then.........thats a pretty good destiny in my opinion.
Report Post Tip
Maddog, essentially summed up what I was thinking. Kodos my friend.

Sure, I'd love all those things you named (except maybe the ferret tickler, they smell) Rhuarc, but by pursuing those goals wholeheartedly, I wouldn't be true to myself or the ideals I've dedicated myself too.

Vision is a powerful thing, and I'll tell you my real ambition. It's to fill those around me, with a sense of tradition of Our Thing and an urge to see things done as they should be. Omerta, Onore, Sangue and Famiglia. These tenets to be personified by my friends and colleagues.
Report Post Tip
You know I got a family out of New Orleans.. normally that would have been my destiny but now what do I look forward too?

Examines his options..

I guess ill just keep growing and doing what I can to ensure new mafioso's learn respect and honor. Eventually I want to sit back and just make the big decisions - not deal with all the everyday business and petty criminal activity.
Report Post Tip
So, your saying you'd one day like to be a Godfather, Alfonso?

I know thats always been my ambition. Sure, I have little to no chance in making it a reality, but until it becomes an impossibility i'll wake myself up every morning and go to work for my family, hoping to earn the right to starting my own some day and taking it from there on to leading a City.
Report Post Tip
I my goals in this world are to be a professional, successful, member of my crew. To make a lasting impression on many. To be a name that people remember in a good way. To help out those in need of help. To answer questions when they are asked. To provide threads that make individuals think and have fun reading and playing along. To be an all around good guy!!

Check out my profile!! A good story, a scary nightmare, and a link to vote for an up and coming Movie Star. Don't forget 50K left to win in my thread, PrinceofCheese's hidden money. Location 3 up for grabs. _Rhuarc_ has won a few. Now's your chance for the money.....
Report Post Tip
my goal is to be a successful and loyal member of my crew i dont care if i dont become a CL i never intened to be one
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What is your destiny
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL