Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:59:31
Page:  1 
Numbers is a Fat C - And Other Stories. Started by: Deviant on May 16, '08 18:12
Deviant takes the obligatory slanty style strut to the foyer of the HQ, lights a slanty style cigarette and blows it in CommodumPerfectus' fat Don face before starting to speak..

Well, it's been a while since I've been out here, so I thought a few of my incoherent musings might be just the thing to brighten up a Friday evening which by all accounts, is shaping up to be pretty fucking dull. I can't offer BGs like Squishy, or foot massages like KingofWheelbarrows, but what I can offer are some fairly unenlightened and random thoughts which have formed part of my musings this week. Please feel free to discuss or disparage them as you see fit, but at least try to be intelligent in the process.

1. Tactics during the Rogue Extravaganza

Yes, we confiscated everyone's guns. Yes, this was a smart move . No, it wasn't fear . No, it wasn't evidence of how the entire world hates us. It was merely the best possible decision to make when our families needed to be protected at all costs.

I was flabbergasted (good word) to see that a very small minority of people did not understand this, and thought it was somehow a bad decision. Perhaps we should have checked and seen who was around at the time? Or perhaps had an hour long meeting in the #cpleader coffee shops to decide who should be allowed to keep theirs? Then perhaps we'd be fucking dead, and those of you who perished in the carnage might be wishing we'd been more cutthroat about it after all.

Happy day though, we made the right move, and we made it quickly. The rogues were deprived of their protection and most of us lived happily ever after.

I challenge anyone who is really loyal to their family to say that this was anything other than the wisest move in the situation at hand. It was nothing to do with who we did or didn't trust, it was simply because it was the quickest, most effective, and most painless way of ensuring the continuing win for Team Us and Our Families (the loyal ones, anyway). If you can't see it, you're blind, and most probably upset because your team didn't win. Sadface.

2. What makes you think you're worth a place in my family?

This has been getting on my proverbial goat for quite a while now.

A personal pet peeve of mine is when people who have had famous great great great great (x1000) granddaddies in the 'old country' come to these shores, saunter around for a while, receive plaudits from all and sundry for once being someone that someone gave a fuck about, asking me for an invite and then promptly disappearing, never to be seen again.

Unless you talk to me specifically about this and clear it with me, don't expect to have a place kept for you. I don't care who you are. I don't care who your granddaddy was . I don't even care if we're friends. I have a small HQ which is generally full to bursting with people who break their balls earning and working hard for me. You have no divine right to be there. You never did. And I won't apologise for killing you if you fail to live up to the standard that I expect from people who don't live off past glories (or lack of them, as the case may be.) The only person who is allowed to do that is Kes, and that's because he's the original Has-Been. Anyone else is just a poor impersonation.

On a more general note - what is a reasonable amount of work to expect of someone before you kill them for just being, well, generally shite? Is it okay to be turning people away from your doors when others think it is acceptable to do rob three grannies every week and nothing else? Is there a minimum standard ? Perhaps it didn't matter so much when our headquarters would hold 150 people, but in times like these, I don't apologise for having standards.

Your thoughts are welcome.

3. The Coffee Shop Myth

I'm well aware that my dear friend Numbers has his own speech about this, and I probably should be responding there with my thoughts in relation to this particular dilemma. But quite frankly, I'm an egotistical fuck, and I'd like to drag this one out a little longer. Some of you don't look quite bored to tears yet, anyway, but this should finish you off.

To cut a long story short, I am absolutely sick of this whine-fest.

Let's be quite honest here...

To clamour about coffee shop personalities being irrelevant really is the refuge of the weak, the desparate, and ultimately, those who are on the losing side. Sure, there should be some degree of separateness, and indeed there is. Many people who have enraged me in the coffee shops in the past are now comfortably ensconsed within the fine walls of the Cheese HQ. But let's be serious . We are not a community of schizophrenics. We are indivisible human beings. Can anyone here really hold up their hands and say that nothing they do in this world relates to coffee shop matters? Nothing? Are you sure about that? Of course you aren't.

It shouldn't mean everything . But it is natural that it should mean something. Your behaviour in all walks of life will impact on you, and that is natural and inevitable.

And just because the things I do in relation to some of the coffee shop behaviour makes you cry, and the things you do yourself in relation to coffee shop friendships will make you smile, doesn't mean I am any 'worse' than you for doing it. We all do it, sunshine. It just hurts more when you're on the losing side, and when you have nothing else left on which to blame your absolute failure apart from the utter blatancy of your own chronic incompetence.

4. The African Nation Glorified

I'm appalled that I'm the first to do this on the Street today (or maybe I'm not, I haven't noticed..) but I think a fairly enormous shout out is due to our African brother CommodumPerfectus, who has become Don in Las Vegas. Numbers and I are going to shoot all your BGs, man. Sorry, but it has to be done. We've not quite come to terms with our jingoistic post colonial attitude and your success is pretty in our faces, so this might make us feel better. Congrats though! Sub Sahara countries in our faces.

5. Street speaking incentive competition

I think I'll be discontinuing this after this week. It's pretty much just me and two other people funding it, so either everyone else thinks it's a shite idea, or nobody claiming to give a fuck about this world really does. Either way, no point bearing the cross alone, is there?

That's all for now.

Deviant
(C)learly (P)retentious
Report Post Tip
First, I know that I can't speak to specifics since most of this (or maybe all of it) happened before I showed up, I will speak to the more general things in this speech.

First of all, I can't seem to shake this feeling that there are two 'sides' to this world that people keep talking about. There are times where I think this world is all on the same side, but then speeches like this show up and then I feel like there are two sides and I should fit on one side or the other.

As for being picky in selecting family members, I believe that you can be picky when you have a full HQ. To be picky before then might be the end of your family because if you are too picky, you won't have any family members. It doesn't seem to me that any one family is really wanting for members, so maybe it is better to be picky than not.

As for all the whining and the background on this whole 'coffee shop' debate, I have heard a few speeches about the topic, but I don't consider myself an expert on the topic. I think that some people, who truly believe this is a world separate from the coffee shops, can fully be schizophrenic and be two different people here and in the coffee shops. Some people understand that the two worlds are separate, and that the coffee shops can be mainly used for talking with people outside of their characters in this world and not mix the two. I believe that the few bad apples have ruined it for all unfortunately.

That being said, I believe that it is better to have a wait-and-see attitude to see what kind of person you are dealing with. There are many signs that someone is trying too hard or secretly working against you, and in many cases, this would probably be discovered before anything terrible happens to you as a crew leader. Also, I have come to understand that made man comes only for people who are trustworthy and who the CL's believe in, so if you're suspicious of someone, simply don't let them become made men.

So I guess that leaves me with my congrats to CommodumPerfectus on Don, I'm sure it's quite an accomplishment!
Report Post Tip
Where to begin with this really is the question, not too difficult to really come to a decision on what needs to be addressed first.

Sub-Saharan Africa and indeed the whole of Las Vegas is delighted with me (as well they should be), a poor African farm boy finally taking his place in the highest rung of organized crime. I am quite certain that the KingOfWheelbarrows and the mighty Numbers4Glory's ancestors must be looking down on me with a small tear in their eyes.

The days of Salae and FollowerOfChris instructing my forefathers and teaching them the sneaky and artful ways of our world will never be forgotten. It is largely thanks to them, and the instilling of cool i received from the mighty Camazotz that has created this Don african.

With all the tears and messed milk of the coffee shops as well as the wild abuse my associates and I have received in these past few months, i thought it would be apt to point out some of the nice things from our history, and remind you all that we were much like you once, (without the massive tears) difference being we never stopped working towards victory. As the late Don Cheeso said many times in our failing past "victory is in sight", each time we met with a sad sad end, usually by the hand of the grandmother of Ms. AngelicalDeath, who was painted with a similar brush to us.

Yet we persevered, our criming ways skipped a generation every now and then but ultimately we always returned to fight. It's not so much the whining that upsets me, but in general the complete refusal to try to change it. You have accepted defeat and sit in the same coffeeshops day in and day out complaining to one another. What a sad sad world it is that we live in.

We have the accusations of people (and by people it is obvious that i mean CP, as we are typically to blame for everything) do not care about these streets, and are allowing the businesses of the 6 cities to fall apart. Yet with every hand that we reach out to make things better, our hands are pushed away or generally ignored.

Deviant himself attempted to encourage street activity, I have been begging people to open businesses in Las Vegas, but this attitude of absolute apathy and despair seems to have enveloped you all. I have no objection to a healthy argument in the streets, or even in mail. Sadly these days these arguments tend to involve peoples mothers, sisters or death threats.

*takes a moment to remember the stories his father told him and sighs*

Today isn't 5 years ago, or 10 years ago, the world is constantly evolving and changing power shifts, allegiances change but there was always honour and respect. These two things are so lost on todays community, with no idea how things work or the hierarchy of things. People are typically interested in minimum input, maximum output. A beautiful capitalist idea, sadly when applied to communities of people whose ultimate goal should essentially be a shared one, this is a poor way to view things.

I take no issue with helping out new blood, or offering them shelter and education in our way of life, but when the experienced generations show nothing but disrespect, apathy and embarrassment, can you really blame those fresh off the boat going the same way. They have simply become a product of their surroundings.

I'll admit this speech has gone from what was intended primarily as a thank you, to a rant in itself. It's fairly upsetting that I am ranting, about ranting. However this is an appeal to you all to please find some motivation and aspire to greatness once again. Let us restore some honor to our world.
Report Post Tip
Hey, I hate you fucking guys, but anytime someone gets to Don it's a pretty big deal, so congrats.

And also, anyone who thinks you didn't make the right move by taking everyone's guns is a fuckin idiot.
Report Post Tip
I would like to bring this discussion back to what it originally was about. I am just curious if anyone has listened to what I have had to say with any actual respect and would like to address what I have said.

Do I have any good ideas, are they just silly, or should I just stop talking altogether? I think this is why new blood, including myself, are getting so frustrated in the streets. We decide to air our ideas in a respectful, thought out fashion, but then no one addresses what we have just said. I really want feedback on my thoughts and ideas, and this is why I speak instead of just standing around.

I'm not trying to be an attention whore, I just want people to respect what I have to say even though I haven't been around for what seems to have been a very tumultous time.
Report Post Tip
Do you hate me too Tas? :/

I thought we were buds.
Report Post Tip
I hate you KingofWheelbarrows!

Walks off hoping that will make people believe I'm not a nice guy . . .
Report Post Tip
MaddisonAtkins, apologies for overlooking your response, your view is valued and I thank you for voicing your opinion.

The two sides you no doubt speak of are CP and, well, not CP or AntiCp. The truth is, the people who are against CP, only show their faces as Civilian's or Thugs, CP are the dominant force at present and, as with any dominant force, some people don't like them. As for there being only 2 sides, there are 2 sides openly at odds with each other, though to be honest, it's a verbal war, with CP sat in power and those who dislike them, hurling abuse. There are in fact allot more than 2 sides; it's just that the rest of us do not have a counterpart bringing us into the streets to justify our actions and defend our choices.

Looking at recruitment, I agree with your view on being picky, you have to be picky to some extent, in that you don't want members who will antagonise others and draw bad light on your family. However, when you are small, beggars can't be choosers! So you have to find a balance.

Moving onto the tiring coffee shop versus street debate, they are of course two separate places but to me, you have to remember that person in the coffee shop, is the same person walking the street. If you are loose with your tongue in the coffee shop, you should expect some thugs waiting for you on the street.

And finally, in this world, it's hard to find out what kind of a person your dealing with. Like you say, waiting and getting to know them is a good option however, deception is something gangsters are well practiced in. Often, you'll only find out if the individual has an alternate agenda as and when they act. To prevent any rogues, precautions have been put in place, such as the referencing system and, as you pointed out, the family leaders discretion when promoting.

As for congratulating CommodumPerfectus, I concur, congratulations are in order.

And so, to summarise, I hate KingofWheelbarrows...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Numbers is a Fat C - And Other Stories.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL