Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 13:05:45
Game Suggestions
5 Watchers
Page:  1 
Leadership Incentives Started by: Knuckles on Jan 09, '24 19:00

When individuals take on roles of leadership, they often sacrifice a lot of personal time inside game as well as outside of it to ensure things move along well without any true benefit to them besides the occasional gifts and monies sent from members.

I should then like to raise the idea, every crew leader to earn a gift from the game. Similar to that of the active VIP posters or chat partakers who gain hustles or credits. The move would be every seven days they are in leadership they gain at least 3 credits or one of those random spin the revolver perk things. 

This would further invite competition for control of cities and leadership as well as an incentive to those who carry much time here in game and on the texting channels managing their people. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Like the idea but I’d hazard a guess that most CLs have plenty of perks and 3 credits wouldn’t add much to what they already have!

Apart from quads most people give other perks away and even then they struggle to do that.
Report Post Tip

Once upon a time it was an honor to be a crew leader. More often than not it is now a sense of entitlement and or preplanned. (wash rinse repeat) to be a CL or even a hand. 

If the gift would be presented in such a way to call out any CL that does not interact with the entire crew consistently, then yes bring the gifts on. 

Report Post Tip

Flippy, great point! So if the gifts were a response to the hours spent from the previous week? Like every 10 hours is one credit? This is of course with an assumption that somebody who is spending that much time is also interacting with their crew. 

Japana fair point. The idea is to bring about a desire to be a crew leader and honor current crew leaders for their role in leading. So an additional few credits may not make a terrible difference but if your crew is tiny or largely inactive it could be a big deal. So, I agree with your sentiment that most leaders are likely to have already been gaining things from their members but i want to push back on the thought that because of this, we shouldn’t have something additional in place . Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

If someone can work out how many credits it is for an hour of therapy per week + the anxiety medication prescription I would not only consider taking a leadership position, but I would support this. JK - I will never. 

But seriously: 

If you have to be given a reason to stay a leader, and be a good active one, then you don't deserve to be a leader. 

But since no one has bothered to RaNk Up AnD dO sOmEtHiNg AbOuT iT then I don't think you need to give free shit away just to get people to login a bit more each week. 

Report Post Tip

Thanks knuckles but my closing comment was sarcastic humor. :P 

But since no one has bothered to RaNk Up AnD dO sOmEtHiNg AbOuT iT

This is a very old adage that rung some truth at one time. Now a days it is used very loosely amongst a few other quotes like "Old school."  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I think that setting airport prices (via union control) could be done by CLs.

I also think individual cities should have city specific ways of making money.  Cocaine cheap to buy in LA, able.to offload for a big profit in NY etc

Report Post Tip

NickyBarnes has a neat idea, though I can see it being ridiculously abused. 

To the original point, though; if anyone is crazy enough to want to be a CL and put up with all the wild BS that comes with it, that should be the prize in itself. If you ask for it and you get it, congratulations. Hope you've got a set of big swingers and some thick skin.

Report Post Tip

A happy well run crew's CL probably earns 3-5x the amount in taxes, cash/credit donations.

A happy well run crew's CL gets about 2x the stats boosts than another.

A happy well run crew's CL gets probably 3-5x more amount of shooters/proers that are willing to risk their accounts for the family cause.

A happy well run crew's CL gets millions more in vote kickbacks.

A happy well run crew gets many more hustle points gifted from the system.

A happy well run crew gets many more guns generated by the system.

A happy well run crew gets many more pied hits.

A happy well run crew can keep its momentum going by having a tight nit group of people who actually give a shit about the family, those at the top, and the man standing to the left and right of them.

If a leader is not feeling the love from his crew, is not enjoying the benefits of being part of a fantastic family, then maybe they need to look to see where the issues could be stemming from.

We all remember times when we were younger when someone took you under their wing and showed you the ropes.  They broke your glass ceiling so that now you could see from the inside.  You were a part of a thing.  You remember the time that you had a problem, and it looked pretty fucking bleak, and out of nowhere your boss stepped right in the line of fire and said 'Any of you have a problem with X, you have a problem with me...'

Does your CL know your RL first name?  Do they know the name of your dog?  Whens the last time you had an actual conversation? 1 hour ago? 1 week ago? 1 month ago? Never?

If you are looking to be a leader just so you have the boosts, I think you are missing out on a huge part of the crewleader experience. 

I am not shooting down the idea of incentives, I just want to make sure that people are taking advantage of all the current incentives and that we don't just squeeze out all the people who want to be a proper family head and replace them with stat-seekers.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I should then like to raise the idea, every crew leader to earn a gift from the game. Similar to that of the active VIP posters or chat partakers who gain hustles or credits. The move would be every seven days they are in leadership they gain at least 3 credits or one of those random spin the revolver perk things

while im not agains insetives, there should ve tragets that they woild need to hit to qualify for this. And i just don't mean on the showing activity page.

Being a leader here should be a privilege.  It means you're the top dog. The best about. It shouldn't be taken for granted. you're expected to lead ans be active in a lot of aspects on thos world.

It shouldn't be that the incentives keep you active. You should be active enough to earn them.  I've recently seek certain cls kick back the idea that they are and should be accountable for things like rebuild mode becuase "they don't want people talking bad about them" for me, its totally the wrong way of thinking. I get we all have lives outside of MR, and nobody is expecting you to put 60 hours in a week. But you can be successful as a CL with less than half that. Without feeling attacked because as current cl, you have let the game go into rebuild mode.

So before any incentives are even spoken about, I think people really need to understand what being a cl actually involves. People tend to overlook the bigger picture.

In short, I'm all incentives,  but a cl has to work for them, they shouldn't just get them for actually being online. 

Report Post Tip

There seems to be a general misunderstanding perhaps I wasn’t clear enough or perhaps it was just assumed. I am not arguing that crew leaders ought to receive benefits to help them stay active in the game. I too think that people just receiving benefits to stay active would be detrimental to the game itself. Instead what I am trying to propose is that individuals who desire leadership know that benefits will come with that. This then increases the chances of wars as people will want to obtain those perks themselves, this then creates a desire for people to be leaders as they know perks will stay with their character for generations to come. 

I would imagine that most of our crews struggle with activity. Not to say that members aren’t happy or well run but many crews are just not logging in each day. This puts crew leaders at a general disadvantage to obtain all the perks listed from a “happy well run crew”. So if they knew that there was at least some kickback they were receiving from the game, despite having an inactive crew that could be pretty motivating.

This all said, I have noticed not a single crew leader has come and spoken on this. This makes me feel that it actually is quite unneeded. And if I was not incog I would say that my past character who was a crew leader would not have needed this as he served the best crews. However, I am incog so i will not say that. So with that, I un-suggest this  proposal.

Does your CL know your RL first name?  Do they know the name of your dog?  Whens the last time you had an actual conversation? 1 hour ago? 1 week ago? 1 month ago? Never? 
If you are looking to be a leader just so you have the boosts, I think you are missing out on a huge part of the crewleader experience. 

I love this a lot. Not an ounce of disagreement. I just want to highlight this because I find this is very important and I hope you share this same thing publicly with all members or if there was a message once a person becomes a Crewleader that would automatically go out to encourage them to go above and beyond. 

Report Post Tip

A+ support to a game generated message similar to what Knuckles highlighted from your post, Squishy. Perhaps have it generate when a new HQ is purchased. Perhaps this could even spin in to a mini-competition - writing up said mail. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

A happy well run crew's CL probably earns 3-5x the amount in taxes, cash/credit donations.

A happy well run crew's CL gets about 2x the stats boosts than another.

A happy well run crew's CL gets probably 3-5x more amount of shooters/proers that are willing to risk their accounts for the family cause.

A happy well run crew's CL gets millions more in vote kickbacks.

A happy well run crew gets many more hustle points gifted from the system.

A happy well run crew gets many more guns generated by the system.

A happy well run crew gets many more pied hits.

A happy well run crew can keep its momentum going by having a tight nit group of people who actually give a shit about the family, those at the top, and the man standing to the left and right of them.

If a leader is not feeling the love from his crew, is not enjoying the benefits of being part of a fantastic family, then maybe they need to look to see where the issues could be stemming from.

We all remember times when we were younger when someone took you under their wing and showed you the ropes.  They broke your glass ceiling so that now you could see from the inside.  You were a part of a thing.  You remember the time that you had a problem, and it looked pretty fucking bleak, and out of nowhere your boss stepped right in the line of fire and said 'Any of you have a problem with X, you have a problem with me...'

I am not shooting down the idea of incentives, I just want to make sure that people are taking advantage of all the current incentives and that we don't just squeeze out all the people who want to be a proper family head and replace them with stat-seekers.

Besides the boost none of those matter. Only logical reason to take CL is for the boost, you think people opt to deal with other peoples shit because its fun? No, what do most regimes do when they take the reigns. Go IA. You know this though as you put features in place to combat these things.  Half of what you just said was straight nonsense. Focus up, you don't seem to even know your own player base anymore. 

Being a CL can be expensive.

Running events and keeping people engaged and having fun. Well that all needs rewards. Even a joining package can add up when u gain a few new recruits.

Thanks for being a top CL, here is a free hustle point on us.

Eligibility:

>Hours, high+

>Mass mail to crew sent (within 7 days)

>active Crew chat in the last 10 mins

>Been CL for over 2 weeks

>Crew Taxes owed under 500k

Think this might at least give a little bonus to those trying to make the game fun for their crew.

Without good crews/uppers this game would die fast.

To encouraging those CLs who don't pull their weight, to do so and keep people engaged.

And reward with a pat on the back to those who try.

Just my 2 cents. 

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Leadership Incentives
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL