Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:12:13
Page:  1 
Crewleaders Past Vs Crewleaders Present Started by: Slightly`St00pid on May 17, '08 17:09
**I want to state that this is strictly a matter of Debate, in no way am I using my views as propaganda. Also take note I am not trying to take anything away from anyone's accomplishments, for just becoming a Crew leader alone means you've accomplished more than most get the opportunity too. Despite recent controversy about the current Crew leader's and all the negative remarks made about them. I personally have no problems with the current Hierarchy.**

A Man steps up on the podium set under a light post just across from the Tobacco shop

"I was sitting around thinking, something I find myself doing often with the extra time I have "between criming, how would today's Infamous Crew leaders, compare to the infamous Crew leaders "of the past?

"Today Families are full at 50 members, in the past 100 member Families were occupying cities. "That's when Sub crew systems had more of an impact and the position Sub crew leader was a big "deal in mosts minds. Just to have a conversation with your Boss was hard to come by with their "busy schedules. Which also reminds me, falling off the subject a bit but maybe a useful tip, "use that too your advantage. Being the Families are smaller get to know your Boss when the "opportunity presents yourself. The first step in being able to run a Family yourself someday "is getting to know those who would be giving you the right to do so.

"On the reverse side, crew leaders today are handed the task of adapting to an everyday "evolving world with technology allowing new activities, dealing with funds on a larger scale, "having to enforce newer guidelines set forth by those who laid the prior foundation and trying "to rebuild population.

"Although there are many factors that come into play to when trying to compare the two, I don't "know if they really could be. Times are so different now than they were then, it would be "unfair for us to judge them based off past events or Families. Circumstances have changed and "the new world has it's different ways.

"The message I bring to you today is this, instead of comparing past and present that I myself "fall victim to doing on occasion, and lets focus on stabilize what were given.

"Anyways, I just think it would be interesting to see some views on the subject. It's something "that is brought into conversations once in a while so I figured what the hell.

The man the steps off the podium, lights a joint and walks into the bakery to get some dough nuts and sweet sweet coffee, it goes good with some hash brownies.
Report Post Tip
i agree with the last statement Legalize IT......
Report Post Tip
Families in the good ol' days were as large as 200 members. In a time when the life of crime was a choice made by thousands. It was simply logistically impossible for a crewleader in those times to develop close bonds with all his members. Whilst today a crewleader may not know all there is to know about all his members but he will have some idea as to who everyone is, their history and their aspirations.

This has created (in my opinion) a very close community, which in itself causes conflicts, as the same lineages with the same arguments and conflicts walk side by side again and again. At the same time it is a good environment for the inexperienced to hone their skills with hands on training from some of the best in our world.

It is impossible to take the good without the bad, I miss the stories my father told me of HQ's so full people slept on the floors. But we must embrace what is in front of us. That's all we can do.

*Slowly returns to walking the streets*
Report Post Tip
"Today Families are full at 50 members, in the past 100 member Families were occupying cities. "That's when Sub crew systems had more of an impact and the position Sub crew leader was a big "deal in mosts minds. Just to have a conversation with your Boss was hard to come by with their "busy schedules. Which also reminds me, falling off the subject a bit but maybe a useful tip, "use that too your advantage. Being the Families are smaller get to know your Boss when the "opportunity presents yourself. The first step in being able to run a Family yourself someday "is getting to know those who would be giving you the right to do so.

This is very accurate and is something that need addressing and one way would be to get rid of the whole captain thing. is there really such a need for captains when families are struggling to get members? Plus we do not have a large enough community to have so many bold people. I believe there should be one crewleader for each city, i think that is more than suffice.

Any views?
Report Post Tip
McTavish for ever!
Report Post Tip
TestRank Forever! Such friendly "little people!!!!
Report Post Tip
Yes TestRanks are the way of the future!!
Report Post Tip
Listing over the conversations I nod. "All valid points gents. In the world today Sub-crews are outdated. The captain system actually gives being a leader something of notice, it is more a public badge, unlike being a sub-crew leader in a family where only the inside people know. While their can still be inner family sub-crews just one or two per family.
Report Post Tip
TestRanks are such conversation ruiners.

Shame on them all.
Report Post Tip
Psh, We only enhance your mear conversations with fun and pleasure!
Report Post Tip
Much like a hooker in the local library. Man the time I had in the Fiction Isle.

Lits up a joint and passes it too TR1
Report Post Tip
Taking the joint I inhale In all my years here this is the sole thing I enjoy from this miserable fireball
Report Post Tip
i personally think it does not good to look back on the past like this and try and take positives out those times, and try to apply them to now. the game now is a whole separate beast than the game it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Back when there were over 150+ members in each crew, bonds were still strong, however, they were not unnecessarily with the boss himself. the bonds in the sub crews were a lot stronger, and people got to know people out of need to survive, rather than just being kind or nosy. I think in those days though, there was a lot a much larger aura around the crew leaders and they were held to a much higher guard, just because not that many people knew them, in respect to the amount of people that were playing the game.

These days, I think the crew leader have become a lot more accessible and open. This may be a good or bad thing for sum, that is up to personal perceptions. I think they both have strong arguments. I like the idea of getting to know the person I work my butt off for, and getting to talk to them about the daily tasks that go on in the running of our family. However, I do sometimes miss the aura and sense of power that some crew leaders had, and couldn't help but rub off on you. Leaders like Ganelon, Rockstar, Nicky. These leaders were dominant, and they just gave off this giant vibe of power. Which was a little nice as well.

I think the fact that crews now are only up to 50 members have its benefits, although some parts of the game are lost for it. However, I think it's fairly useless to compare now, just because it won't change anything. and I feel like if you move on with what you have, and you plug away hard at it, thats the only way positive change is created.
Report Post Tip
This has alot to do with the population here.

Back in the day when there was 200 man crews and a massive population here,you never really got to know your boss unless you held a position in the family.If they spoke to you it was either you had done wellor you were in deep shit.I recall the aura of power the bosses had back then.Everyone had much more respect back then and knew they had to fend for themselves and do well for the family or they were toast.As the population dictated that if you failed you were rplaced quite quickly.

The smaller population we have now makes us confront the same people day after day,battle after battle.You have more contact with the same people.Thus bigger an dmore heated rivalries have developed.leaders have given in and have in the past handed everything to their members to keep them in their families.Thus spawning a breed of lazy assed morons who I wouldnt have in my family if my life depended on it.

I can gaurantee if the population rose drastically ,you would see quite a change in the way shit is run around here.

The population dictates this way of life,more so than most people realize.
Report Post Tip
'I recall the aura of power the bosses had back'

You know I remember that.. they were treated differently in public and private conversations and those that were harsh with words were switfly quieted (if you know what I mean)

I think we are moving more towards that slowly, but it was just a different feeling back then.

These new mobsters just dont get it and their so quick to get offended and defensive.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Crewleaders Past Vs Crewleaders Present
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL