Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:14:32
Page:  1 
Captains vs Naught Started by: Sal_Giaquinto on May 17, '08 23:11
Over a cup of the Java Cartel's finest, I was discussing the current politica as far as families, their captains, what has happened in the past, etecera. Different people shared different opinions on the matter and given time to brew in my cerebral cortex, I've evolved my stance on the matter.

In the past and present, families have and will likely possess a hierarchy of some sort. Traditionally it's enlisting lesser regimes within the family for the purpose of organization and dividing the burden that would be carried by universal leadership. (Realistically, caporegime running a crew; within a family.) In alot of cases the leader of the lesser regime would simply be a baby sitting job. I feel, it's a major injustice to rape the caporegime of honor and authority.

With caps placed on HQ's and the addition of captains, I feel the honor and privilege that is deserving of a caporegime is now available. Physically, the capo can punish and maintain his members and at the same time the head of the family can keep tabs on the faction. Socially, the capo is recognized (On the 60 seconds list)

While my opinion means little on the matter, to those who are on the fence about all this... consider the honor and privilege deserving of a captain and the justice is grants for the whole of This Thing.
Report Post Tip
As i mentioned in the coffee shops, i do not see the need for Captains, they are basically glorified sub-crew leaders. A RHM is just as good as a captain and if a crew has 2 or 3 subcrews within them, then i do not see the need for Captains. People may argue and say, but it gives those who have not been a CL before a chance to show their worth.

Well people can show their worth in other ways, such as being a sub-crew leader or RH. I there are no positions available then use different methods. Work hard, set up some sort of business or find other jobs within a crew, surely there will be something.
Report Post Tip
See, that's the thing. I'm not sure what leprecon invented the whole subcrew business, but... essentially this is what you have.

http://www.mehwhatever.com/profile/pics/20214590Hierarchy101.jpg

A nice pyramid, and with the system we've got rolling... captains/capos are free to invite,execute,demote and promote.
Report Post Tip
Wow, that design was amazing, did you do that all by yourself? :P

I know what you are saying, but i still think having Captains is just being extra, the RH can demote, promote kill, etc.

I just dont think Capos or Captains should be made CLs.
Report Post Tip
That's what exactly what they are though. Capos lead crews, while Bosses and Dons lead families. Families are composed of many crews, depending on their size.

The terminology unfortunately has been mixed up along the way and the respective differences have been misinterpreted for years now.
Report Post Tip
Yes, it is right what you are saying but i do not think the size of crew at the minute warrant Captains. If crews were much bigger then yes it would be good. I still think the structure should be Boss, RH, possibly LH and then 3 or 4 subcrews.
Report Post Tip
Excellent Primide there Sal
Report Post Tip
Waslooking

I find it interesting that you but significant emphasis on subcrews, why can't a captain take the place of a subcrew? Since in essence that is what they are.
Report Post Tip
I just dont feel they need to be bold
Report Post Tip
But then you agree they should be taking a cut of what their members earn then
Report Post Tip
Maybe, it should be the CLs discretion whether or not captains/subcrew leaders are allocated from the sub crew members. Just like the CL decides hjow much tax to put on drugs and petty crimes.
Report Post Tip
For me, with greater responsibility comes greater reward.

If they have the responsibility then they should get a reward from it, the one criticsm I would have of the current system in place for captains is that the family head should, like the members of his immediate family, be able to obtain a tribute from his Captains.
Report Post Tip
Yes i have to agree with you on that, they should. Maybe around 10% of the captains and his members earningsshould go to the family head.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Captains vs Naught
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL