Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:03
Page:  1 
Federalism Solves America's Problems Started by: HermanCain on Nov 23, '11 03:57

Mr. Cain notices on his campaign schedule that he is to make another public appearance. He dons his full chested suit and striking yellow tie and reviews his notes. After a few minutes of preparation he is ready to face the roar of the crowds and the adoration of his supporters. Herman steps out to the podium and the gathered mass immediately goes wild. Mr. Cain thanks his crowd profusely and finally, after minutes of frenzied cheering, they draw quiet for his remarks.

My fellow Americans, thank you for giving me this opportunity to speak today on an important topic in our nation: the federal structure of American government. As we all know, the Constitution has created a system with multiple layers of government, each endowed with their own sovereignty. The interaction between these dual sovereignties is a key feature which has set our great nation apart from others and kept this country strong.

The federal structure really is not as complicated as it seems at first glance. The federal government is the supreme government of the land, insofar as it is allowed to legislate. As Article VI of the Constitution states,

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Therefore, the rule of the federal government is supreme and legitimate laws, any laws made "in pursuance [of the Constitution]," are to be respected by all levels of government and the citizens themselves.

On the other hand, we also have a government of strictly delineated powers. As the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." What this means is that if the federal government does not act according to powers "delegated … by the Constitution" the laws are not "made in pursuance thereof" and cannot be legitimate at all. The Tenth Amendment embodies the principle that states are sovereign entities as well, with their own regulatory authority that can be exercised in absence of contrary decrees by the federal government.

Now, I hear some people in the crowd saying to themselves "but what in the world do these lofty ideas have to do with modern society? We've got problems. The economy is broken. How does this help us fix it?" Ladies and gentlemen, the reason I bring this up is because our government's recent departures from basic principles of our constitution are endangering our society and our finances! We have today a government that has taken over vast swaths of local education, contract rights between employers and their workers, and even extending into the field of public health. These are areas that the Constitution reserved to the states. These interventions by the federal government have turned into massive boondoggles and wastes of money that don't benefit everyday working Americans.

That's why if you elect me as president of this great nation, I will oppose unconstitutional healthcare mandates, restore liberty of contract for our workforce, and work to keep education a local power exercised by the school districts rather than Washington bureaucrats. These simple principles were enough to make our country great, and forsaking our heritage is a surefire way to cause the decline of our great nation.

Thank you all, and may God continue to bless this great nation!

Mr. Cain grins wide at the crowd, letting the waves of positive energy flow over him. He bids the masses farewell, and walks back to his presidential limousine shaking hands along the way. He is sure that his common-sense solutions to America's problems are sure to win him more votes in this contested election.

Report Post Tip

While Mr.Cain was giving his speech across the crown in a 1942 Jefferson pulls up and out steps four wise guys.Each wearing a silk suits and fedora's they lean against the car and smile at Mr.Cain.The middle one wearing a black suit,over coat,and fedora gives him a thumbs up.

Report Post Tip

I don't want any of this hyperbolic crap!  I want a politician I can buy!  That's all.  If I can't buy you, I don't want you.  Period.  If you're going to do what I want you to do when I want you to do it, then we can talk.  Otherwise, go back to your corner. 

Constitution?  Laws?  If you can't bend 'em or break 'em they are worthless too. 

So, thanks for the speech.  Now the real question.

How much?

Report Post Tip

I'm but a humble, poor mobster.  I can't afford to buy my own politician.  At least, not without a federal subsidy.  But, how much would it cost to rent you?  You know, just for weddings and bar mitzvas?

Report Post Tip

Well boys,enough of that Mr.Cain is already on my side,but legally.He is not for sale to no one.

Report Post Tip

Mr. Cain shakes his head. Bribery? Why, I would never accept a bribe. That's just the kind of rank corruption that I've opposed every step of the way. Now, campaign contributions, that's another matter entirely. Please make out the checks to "Herman Cain for President!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Federalism Solves America's Problems
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL