Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:38:54
Page:  1 
You Shall Not Pass! An LV Commentary Started by: Sprozz on Nov 23, '11 04:57

"Look, all I'm asking is th...."

Sprozz got cut off again by the squawky voice on the end of the telephone. With a sigh, he once again tried to seize the initative and gain control of the conversation...

"I kn...I KNOW that you said it's a closed city, but want I want to know is wheth..."

Another frantic yell burst it's way through the phone receiver, causing Sprozz to hold the handset at arm's length and wince, once the caterwauling had subsidied somewhat he made a final attempt to steer the conversation from lunacy.

"Alright, all I was asking is that if som-...Fuck it!"

With a final groan, Sprozz slams the phone down onto the receiver.

Well folks, only today Funtcase was clamouring for an update of everyone's favourite - The LV commentaries. As I was about to explain to him, there was unfortunately no real happenings for me to commentate on, as for the time being the Leaders had seemingly taken the extemely boring view that they valued their lives more than my tremendous mirthful output.

However, with truly serendipitous timing, The LV hierarchy has provided me with some much needed ammunition for my comic cannon!

The big news, ladies and gents, is that LV is now 'closed'. To whom? We don't know. To what extent? We don't know. You could go over and check out the announcement from the Vegas Leadership, but you'll still be none the wiser.

First of all, we had the ever lovable Sarge come out and confirm that High_Society was indeed the acting GF... but then proceeded to make a city announcement himself. Quirky, but delightful, Nothing to worry about there chums; but it's here that it gets...not interesting so much as 'Jesus christ, what kind of fungi was in that mushrom alfredo?!"

The focal point of Sarge's speech was this: "Las Vegas will be Closing It's Doors to new families and leaders, for the time being." Upon questioning from Don Stallion, acting Godfather of New York, (who claimed that this was in contravention to rule #5) High_Society seemed to back track on this by saying first of all that "We could never forget the rules laid before us by the Godfather Council" and furthermore "Should someone to still move into Las Vegas, we will not deny the wishes of the Godfather Council. That would not be honorable of Las Vegas to do." Now, perhaps I'm inferring too much into this, but this rather seems as though he was saying 'Actually, we won't go against rule 5 at all', suggesting that people could indeed set up in the city of Sin.

Meanwhile, RHM extraordinare Sonny has harping on about the semantics of the ruling and claiming that the city was closed after all. All very confusing I can assure you. Las Vegas Leaders and senior members, if you are reading this, please be aware that I have arranged and overnight delivery of 50 bibles to your respective HQ's to ensure you can actually sing from the same hymn sheet.

A short time afterwards, Sarge returned to the streets to triumphantly back up Sonny's point of view, before declaring to any would be people voicing disagreement: "Please Feel free it's on you". At this point, I think we can all be glad the whole thing didn't just descend into a rap battle.

However, amongst all the madness, sensibility still reigned and eventually a message which began as:

Las Vegas will be Closing It's Doors to new families and leaders, for the time being

Was further revised to:

Well Maybe It was A "little" Harsh to say closing the door But definitively we want to be picky about who we allow close to us.

And finally:

As has been said, we will never stop someone from Setting Up here in las vegas This would be against the wishes of the godfather council.

For anyone looking to make a break for themselves in Vegas, I would say that the current hierarchy's fluid stances illustrates that if you wait another couple of hours, they may well even revert to LV being an open city if they continue their current trend!

However, as this is based somewhat on supposition, it would be remiss of me to present only this version of the 'facts. Therefore, Acting Godfather High_Society has kindly agreed to an interview; so that an internal viewpoint may be aired as well as an external one. Please find a full transcript of a spellbinding interview with Hich Society HERE, I HOPE THIS WORKS!

Report Post Tip

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/205000/tpass/a092d3c840ca1b004a3adc9a8bb4bee3

Ze Real Interview!

Report Post Tip

Good stuff here, good stuff, real classic gold, the kind of thing you want to frame up on a wall somewhere to admire it later.

Too bad it took more than one try to get this posted right... DelBoccio smirks

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You Shall Not Pass! An LV Commentary
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL