Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:25:37
Page:  1 
Deal or No Deal Started by: Gene_Hunt on Nov 23, '11 18:59

Hello boys and girls. Who fancies getting filthy stinking rich? Big cheer and whistles from the crowd show how money hungry these people are.

A good few years a go a man brought a revolutionary game to our streets. It was a game of chance and daring. It involved 20 boxes with different amounts inside. The biggest prize was One Meeeeeeeeeeeeeelion Dollars Little finger to side of mouth He christened it Deal or No Deal. This mans name was Chris_Moyles. He was sadly taken from us far too young. I tell you this so as not to seem like I am riding his coat tails but more to credit him for making it work. It was only played once. It was played once by my great great great etc etc etc Grandfather. So as reigning champion I am deciding to bring it back to you all.

Now. It is easy to select one man from the crowd and play this game. But thats boring and means I choose a mate. No, not you Sprozz. So I want to make it as random as possible. So what I am going to do is this. To provoke a bit of activity in these streets I want you to step up on this stage (in this thread) and give me one of the following. You only need to choose one:

A story involving $1 million dollars. Won or lost. Real or made up

A story involving a deal that has gone right or wrong.

A story about the great Chris_Moyles. There are a few I can think of.

A story about what you would do with your $1 million should you win it.

If you are a lazy bastard and you cannot be arsed going through with things like that. Then you can buy yourself a place in the final draw for $250,000. This is a none refundable, none guaranteed chance to get in to the draw to play the game.

To determine the winner of this I will allocate you each a number. A number will then be chosen at random using a super special thing that I own. I can provide proof it's random should you wish to see. The selected person will then play.

I shall now explain the rules of the game:

The game starts with 22 identical sealed boxes.

The independent adjudicator loads and seals all the boxes. That will be Father_TeQ. No one but the independent adjudicator knows what is in the boxes. He will leave a list in his back alley BEFORE the game starts what is in these boxes. This can be viewed after the game if you so wish.

The contestant will choose one of these boxes leaving 21 boxes to be chosen. The game will then begin

In the first round the player must choose five boxes before the first offer from the Banker. Everytime you choose a box that value is removed from the game. It is gone. Finished. There no more with no chance of getting it back.

The Banker will mobmail me his offer and I will then let the contestant know. The offer is entirely dependent upon what is remaining on the other boxes. A lot of high figures will result in a good offer. A lot of low will result in a poor offer You will then decide whether to take the offer or continue playing the game. You will finish the game even if you deal at this point to see what you would have won.

In the second round 3 boxes are opened before the player receives another offer from the Banker. Again I will ask them the question of "Deal Or No Deal"

Three boxes are opened in the third, fourth and fifth round followed by the question "Deal or No Deal."

If the player decides to No Deal they will continue in this fashion until only two boxes remain.

When the last two boxes remain the Banker will give his final offer.

If the player says No Deal at this point, the Banker may offer the player to swap their box with the other remaining box. The player may decline or accept the swap.

Once a player accepts the offer by saying Deal, the game is still played out in exactly the same way.

They must choose the boxes they would have chosen in open play.

The Banker will continue to give the offers in order see whether the player has made the best deal.

The game does not have to be played all in one go. The game can be halted and continued at a later specified time and date as obviously we all live in a very busy world with other obligations. Hopefully we can do this in one day but it may take two or three.

The game will be played here in these streets. People are free to comment as to what they think the player should do WHEN ASKED. We would like to keep interaction in these periods to allow the game to flow.

The amounts in each box will be as follows:

$1 $2 $5 $10 $20 $100 $200 $300 $500 $750 $1000
$2,000 $4,000 $5,000 $10,000 $20,000 $50,000 $100,000 $250,000 $500,000 $750,000 $1,000,000

So, Basically, enter this game and you will be given a chance to win $1 million dollars. If anyone would like to sponsor this event and increase the prize then do feel free to mob mail and we will talk it over. I am taking no profit from this. Any donations or payments gathered over $1 million will go in to the top pot.

Entries for this competition must be received exactly 7 days from now. We will have one day to judge and we will then arrange a time suitable to all for this game to played. In the event of my death I will ensure that the game will be played regardless.

All thats left to say is get writing, or paying, and good luck

Report Post Tip

Hello Gene_Hunt

I would like to play your wonderful game?

Report Post Tip

Certainly you can. Pay me $250,000 or you write one of the following:

A story involving $1 million dollars. Won or lost. Real or made up

A story involving a deal that has gone right or wrong.

A story about the great Chris_Moyles. There are a few I can think of.

A story about what you would do with your $1 million should you win it.

Post it up in this here speech and I will put you into the random choice.

Report Post Tip

Let me tell you a story about a man named Jed ... a poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed ...

Wait no I'm sorry plagerism wouldn't win a contest ... let me think a minute here I think I have a story I could tell here.

I remember awhile back my father used to tell a story something like this ...

It was a long time ago back in Italy, a man and a women were in love. The man whom loved this young lady wanted to have her hand in marriage but first he would have to get her father's permission.

You see both the young man and his lady's father were old school in the ways of courting and romance.

One day the young man finally grew the courage to ask for his perspective father-in-law for his daughters hand of marriage.

The father told him that he would make a deal, you see the family had lots of money and he wanted to make sure that any suitors for his daughter were honorable and not looking for a peice of the inheritence.

In order for you to marry my daughter I'm going to need to you deal, if you are willing to walk away from my daughter right now I will pay you half my daughter's inheritance upfront to you but you may not marry my daughter, however if you choose to mary my daughter you will never see a cent nor will she ...

The young man was soo in love with the woman he chose not to take the money and accepted to take his daughters hand in marriage.

So filled with joy at the news that he'd been given permission to mary his one true love he ran up to his lover and told her all the good news, how he had approached her father for her hand in marriage, how he was given the choice for the inheritence or to be poor and mary the girl and then watched as she began to weep.

He was soo confused as to what he had done to cause her such sorrow and then she told him ... you fool why didn't you take the money, the smart thing to do would've been to take the money and run away with me and elope, I'm afriad you've failed the test and we cannot marry.

Moral of the story ... go for the money ... which is my intention for entering this story, to get me some money!

Report Post Tip

I'm quite intrested into joining this! Two questions:

Are you going to pick however has the best story for the final deal?

And, will this game be able in the streets for everyone's enjoyment?

Report Post Tip

Every story which is deemed 'good' enough will automatically gain entry into the competition!

Yes the game will be played out in the streets, after each round the offer which the banker makes will be posted up for the masses to deliberate and advise upon.

In 7 days time those who have qualified or paid $250k will each be given a number, a number will be picked randomly and they will have the first go at the main event. After their turn has finished another random number will be selected and the next game will commence :)

Hope that clears things up for you.

Good Luck!

Report Post Tip

To whet the appetite a little more I shall be offering a 10 credit prize outside of the main competition for the best story entry.

Report Post Tip

If it means EvilClown parting with some coins then i'm am all for this initiative. Does that mean that EC is the wanker...... apologies I meant Banker. A freudian slip

get down to penning his Chris Moyles memoirs

Report Post Tip

On talking with Gene_Hunt and watching as he left opening the door with out using his hands Jonizzel decided to take a crack at the laziness side of this competition

Can't wait to see how this pans out old friend. I'll be sure to have an associate run over with $250,000 soon enough. Just be sure not to abuse this lad. He works hard, I think.

Might have to start getting some pen to paper too and have a go at some story telling. It's been a while.

With that said Jonizzel attempts to open the door with out using his hands but instead face plants right in to the glass. To save embarrassment he decided to use it as a destraction and steal Jax's hubcaps

I really must have him teach me that skill some day.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Deal or No Deal
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL