Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 17:12:57
Page:  1 
No Man is an Island Started by: Ketamine on Feb 01, '24 16:32

The back of her steady hand swept across pursed lips. Ketamine looked at the slain, her fondness for some pushed down so far that no one would know that she grieved. 

A few onlookers gathered which signaled a crowd was not far behind. Sensing that an explanation was due Ketamine straighten her collar and spoke up. 

“There is a saying, that ‘No man is an island’. We all, in this life, depend on someone at some point. The slain here, God rest their souls, were led astray, in the opposite direction of this philosophy. None of this brought me pleasure. Especially knowing that I had done everything in my power to do what I came to Chicago to do, which was to help build a strong, united city. Unfortunately, this effort was met only with obstinance to that cause”.

Ketamine straightened her posture and with stoic resolve and continued. “So, where does that leave one, if they decide to wave a dismissive hand and instead build walls to shut out those that were put on the path to help and guide them? In this life, you don’t get far”. 

“Godfather Chair Streetfame failed to grasp this. When help and explanation as to why certain business aspects needed to be maintained, his demeanor went from avoidance to refusal to comply with those standard operating procedures, and the communication needed to run a city. At times, it came off as disrepectful. This neglect and attitude put Chicago quickly at risk, leaving me no alternative recourse”.  

“The matter of fact is that this was an internal matter; and despite all efforts to meld into a cohesive unit, it was unsuccessful”. 

Restraining to delve into the psychology on what makes people do what they do, Ketamine looked upon those present and left them with one parting word, “I was sent to Chicago to champion for the greater good of this city and to Cosa Nostra across our land. I will continue to do just that”.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $11,700,420 Tip

Quick question, if it was an internal matter than why was another city involved?

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $2,040,000 Tip
As T visited the scene and listened to Ketamine, he wondered if this decision still would be made if the right people were in the right places.

He knew on firsthand that within a few days certain structures would change and wondered if what Ketamine said is the only reason she made this decision.

agggh yeaa… Such is the fast mafia life. No hard feelings.

Burns a candle for the fallen ones and leaves.
Report Post Tip

Don Al stood amongst the crowd smoking the last of his cigar. While he was often guilty of using too many words to say what could often be said in far fewer, he always appreciated a concise speech when it came to these things. People weren't here to read stories or feel fluffed - they just wanted the answers. He commended those who could stick to the point and not let their mind boggle their thoughts or confuse the issue. 

He tightened the grip of his black leather gloves, pulling them over his ageing hands in an attempt to fight off the cold. It was no use - the brisk February wind was getting to him today and his arthritis was troubling. He clenched his fists in an attempt to alleviate some aching and find some comfort. No such luck, his hands were fucked. He really ought to stop slapping bitches.

Al moves to the front of the crowd, ensuring he is within a few feet of the Chicago mobster before speaking.

"Don Ketamine - I for one appreciate your candidness. Your explanation was clear as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for coming out to approach the subject."

Al turns to face Raina, offering a smile before speaking.

"I think the point was well made - no man is an island... Or in this case - no woman is an island. Don Ketamine sought the help of allies for a takedown. That's not new around here. While the issue which arose may be internal, are there now rules on seeking the aid of your allies?" He paused, wondering if he'd missed the memo. "From what I took from this speech, this was exactly the kind of attitude that caused Godfather Streetfame to meet his end - too much time alone. Perhaps Don Ketamine is instead following the same ruleset as everyone else and has done for some time now - working together where possible - maintaining good relationships and allegiances. It seems to pay."

He tosses his cigar stump in the nearby gutter and makes his way towards the candles on display, taking his lighter from his pocket and lighting one before standing to the side for a moment of silence. 

Report Post Tip

After listening to Ketamine's speech, Gillian pouts because she knew there was some good people who died. Then she magically takes a huge bottle of whiskey and some glasses from her back pocket and offers to the people gathered around.

She raises her glass and says:

"For the fallen and to our dear Ketamine, may she be the one to build a strong Chicago, and also to end this abominable CH curse. Cheers!"

She then hears an annoying voice saying some shit and replies loudly:

"Raina doesn't contribute to anything in this world of ours, and yet, everytime there's war speeches or some other kind of bickering, she's the first to ask accusing and patronizing questions and give unsolicited shitty opinions. For fuck sake, nobody cares what you think, get a grip, go build and stop being an annoying brat."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $1,797,777 Tip
Why is it your business Raina if a city helps its allies with an internal matter? Here’s a more pressing question why do you come to these speeches when you know you’re gonna be unhappy with the result just to bitch and moan? What productivity to ever offer around these shores?
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $1,047,777 Tip
Streetfame starts laughing hard as he hears the bullshit ketamine is telling the croud.

First of all. My father was an open man. He welcomed everyone and guided the blood into the crime life. He did his best to make CH blossom again and his true friends know that.

You know what you did was fucked up keta. But you know this world got alot of 2 faced people like you.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Shoresy, my comment was on the whole point of stating it to be an internal thing while external cities are involved. That would make it less of an internal matter.

As far as it being my business, it was spoken here in the streets, which would make it a public interest matter. If you do not wish the public to comment than perhaps a more private venue would be suitable, no?

It could be an internal matter while getting external help to deal with it. Can an external city not agree with ketamine?
Report Post Tip

Ketamine had stood back long enough to let those present ask their questions and raise their inquisitions. Some had comprehended her explanation well, knowing it for the truth. Others merely wished to try to stoke fires that couldn't ignite much less burn. Others howled, mournful cries, which she could understand and took a small pity upon them. 

"Losing one's father is hard, Streetfame-. I understand that you are angry and confused, I get that. I have...we all have experienced loss. You are your father's son though, there is no denying that", she looked at him with a mix of compassion and dismay. 

Ketamine understood another old adage, 'You can lead a horse to water, but....', her mind began to digress and she smiled softly. 

"Friendships in this world of ours are fine. But your father preferred to operate an entire city like a friendly back yard BBQ. He could be jovial, I admit, but he had no business sense, even when given every golden opportunity. But don't come out here acting like you father didn't confuse rank with clout, turning his nose up at extended offers of guidance, without a thought as to how silly he looked". She mulled over her words, and sucked her teeth, with a soft shake of her head. 

"You can call me what you like, I can take it. I can also take the lead from here, and do the real work that your father refused to do". 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $5,797,777 Tip

Starborn stands in the far back of these events as he normally does, until he sees one of the usual suspects chime in with her absoulte nonsense.

" I'm sorry but your logic here Raina makes absolutely no sense, from the sounds of things this man was not maintaining external relations Don Ketamine was doing so. So logically if she deems these internal issues are severe enough they need resolving, and has the support of external cities/allies. Why would she not use what is at her disposal from the relationships she cultivated in order to try to clear the problem as quickly and cleanly as possible it just makes sense. I don't know why you think because an internal issue is the cause of a takedown, that means no external factors can be used. This isn't a comp city with set out rules, this was a legitimate removal. For someone who is so often speaking on things they really don't understand, you'd think at some point you'd try to listen twice as much as you speak hoping you can learn from others."

Before waiting for a response Starborn tips his head to those respectable mafia members who have made an appearance and heads off down the street to see where which bar his boss lady had dipped into tonight.

I have heard credible rumours that one of The Loop's top Dons had been in contact with the nefarious menace known as "Kuku" mere days before this kerfuffle went down.

There is an additional rumour that this top Don had promised to help "Kuku" find a long lost rival of his, possibly with the help of his Crew Leader.

Could this somehow have been a factor (dare I say, a primary factor) in the choice to turn The Loop into a puddle of goop?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

For someone who is so often speaking on things they really don't understand, you'd think at some point you'd try to listen twice as much as you speak hoping you can learn from others."

"Very well said, Starborn, very well said. Unfortunately, there are people who's not capable of changing. Let them embarrass themselves then."

Report Post Tip

"Was ukuK murdered because he knew too much?"

I am of course but a civilian so I am merely echoing the words that I heard the person next to me on the bus say. Said person next to me on the bus was also very handsome, a fact that might help you to decide whether to give any credence to their words.

Report Post Tip

"UncloggedPipes, ukuK was murdered because my grandmother Roya never liked him that much." Gillian says while swinging her tail. "You see, its an old family tradition to shoot all of Kuku's kin on sight. A friend sent me a letter that he hiding in a sewer nearby and luckily i was in the same sewer, mating with this female crocodile i had my eyes on forever. I left in the middle of coitus just to shoot him, which made me extra angry, as i had blue balls. I tried eating his corpse after he died, but it tasted awfully, so i just spitted his remains in the gutter. Sorry for your loss."

Gillian is this a "tall tale"? Mating with a crocodile? I feel like you're pulling my leg. Crocs are dangerous.

Also, I would like to make you aware of the fact that without plumbers, there would not be any clean sewers for you to elope in with crocodiles. A simple trade is a noble thing indeed. If you exterminate all plumbers, society as we know it would congest, much like a drain that isn't professionally cleaned and unclogged on a regular basis.

Is that a consequence you are ready to accept in return for sathing your bloodlust?

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: No Man is an Island
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL