Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:40:42
Page:  1 
Slight Change to the LVCS Started by: Lupe on Nov 25, '11 18:07

The doors to the Las Vegas Crime Syndicate Headquarters flung open as Lupe stepped out.

Greetings everyone, and thank you for coming, if you haven't noticed I'm the new acting Godfather of Las Vegas.

Honestly I would be a lot more excited about this title if acquired under different circumstances, but it is what it is. As long as I do hold said title none of you will have to worry about LVCS trying to take the chance that was given to us away from any other aspiring mobsters. I can confidently say that LVCS wishes for a time of peace as we wait for someone to reach godfather, but it would be foolish of me to stand before you today and ensure that will happen. If there's one thing I've learned by my brief time in Vegas it's that nothing is certain, or what it seems.

One thing you can count on is that I will do everything in my power to mold Vegas into the great city I know it can be, and hopefully when all is said and done I've left a positive impression.

Thank you for your time.

Report Post Tip

sarge for godfather. his swift thinking and politicing has shown that he deserves to really call the shots

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on your new position, although I have to wonder you've been Las Vegas the shortest amount of time. Also Sarge seems to be the one in the public eye the most and from all accounts seems to be doing the most legwork in removing issues that Vegas has how come he hasn't taken on the mantle of Acting Godfather.

Report Post Tip

I also wanted Sarge to take the position it does make the most sense, sadly he doesn't want to be acting Godfather for his own personal reasons.

Report Post Tip

sarge for godfather. his swift thinking and politicing has shown that he deserves to really call the shots

Hawk I can only assume you are referring to the time when Sgt. Slaughter seized power by exploiting the weaknesses he observed in his fellow LV leader and peer BabaORiley and orchestrated his demise. Regardless, that issue is completely irrelevant to this topic, and I appreciate Lupe for coming out and making this announcement that he will be defacto leader of Las Vegas. Best of luck to you Lupe

Report Post Tip

first off please dont stab me new jack. secondly youre correct in your astute recollection of the situation

Report Post Tip

Firstly I wouldn’t say removing a self appointed Godfather and the anointment of another self appointed Godfather is a slight change

In the past few days we’ve seen a great deal of hearsay come from within Las Vegas, most of which has now conspired to be nothing more than empty promises, empty words and cannon fodder for the people who those who saw all this as inevitable. Admittingly few would of predicted it happening so soon

A mere 24hrs ago we had Sgt_Slaughter utter the words  “Together we are forged in unity, to bringing this world a better Las Vegas. A brighter Las Vegas. A Las Vegas Reborn!”

All four leaders seemingly stood together in union, proud of what they were building and with an unwavering support of of the now swatted aside HighSociety

Well it certainly seems a lot has happened since. Despite claiming in no uncertain terms the city is a closed shop to aid in their intentions to be taken seriously as a credible city.  As feared, although hardly a suprise, it all seems to have come back to bite you on your ass

The bolted shut doors had been flung open within mere hours to another crew leader, who is now amazingly the new acting GF less than 24 hrs from stepping off the plane. Theres been mutany and in-fighting. Conspiracy theories about outside assistance from Philly. A take-down of an acting Godfather without so much as a ripple or explanation about the death of HighSociety, despite protesting allegiance to a ‘New’ Vegas and the dawn of a new era where prosperity and longevity overruled blood shed and betrayal

I’m sure you did what you felt was in the interests of the city, because all you’ve managed to do is make yourself look even more foolish than yesterday. I would suggest you concern yourselves less about titles and rank that are still very much unattainable, and instead concentrate on the hard graft that is needed to build up the reputation the city needs in order to be taken seriously

If the words of Vegas yesterday weren’t to be trusted, what makes today any different.

Again, I wish you luck

Jax

Report Post Tip

Hip Hip Horray, long live Lupe!!

Alright, so I know that Vegas is in the stages of laying out some frame work and some things that have gone on here make it appear to some outside people that there is chaos well ... two things ...

Vegas is practically a lawless city where the survival of the fittest, smartest, and powerful will survive, so what may seem weak or selfish or un-explainable could be genius strategy that isn't realized until further down the road. It is far to young to criticize and speculate, its as if you were to say a certain baseball team would be winning the World Series in Spring ... you just don't do things like that.

Secondly, it's also important to take into account that Las Vegas has a long way to go, and I am more than happy to see that Lupe has taken charge and demonstrated his power and leadership in the short time that he has been here, Sgt_Slaughter has stated publically that he does not wish the burden of GF and is content to simply have family within these city walls, and for Lupe to take that position shows his character and speaks volumes for the rest of Vegas as well.

I'm very proud to be a member of this family and to call Vegas my home.

I also love all the chatter and exciting that these recent events has brought to the streets, its important for us all to have that sense of community and interelatedness as we go through 'this thing of our's together'.

~Murdoc out

Report Post Tip

Jax,

I don't want you to think that my top priority is this acting GodFather title. Truth is our family has alot more to worry about, but it's been decided that we did need a rep for the Godfather Council, and I was the only Crew leader willing to step up to the plate.

Other than that I agree with everything else you were saying which is why I didn't come here making a huge speech filled with empty promises but thanks for the wish of good luck.

Report Post Tip

For once jax says something worth reading. about time. Well said sir!

Report Post Tip

Sarge Steps Out from the shadowed alley.

Guys What happened had to be done.We All work in Unity.The Actions of what happened, happened because HighSociety was bringing Bad heat.Everyone came to me to see what to do.So I approached him About arguing with everyone.His reply was "Fuck Em".Thats Not how we work. Business Is Business.No we needed no help From Philly or any other city. We did it Ourselves.After we had our own council meeting.We decided it was for the best.The Actions Of one represent us all.

....Sarge Takes a pull from his Cigar....

So with All said And Done I think I'm going Head to the Bar and get a drink.

Report Post Tip

as widely known by the masses sarge is the true face and brains in vegas

Report Post Tip

We All work together and Do whats best its. Just business.

Report Post Tip

as widely known by the masses sarge is the true face and brains in vegas Reply by: Hawk at Nov 25, '11 20:30

If Mr Slaughter is the brains of Vegas, their in trouble. The real piece of magic there is whoever his Puppet Master is. Can't wait to see that ol' chap surface!

Report Post Tip

"I also wanted Sarge to take the position it does make the most sense, sadly he doesn't want to be acting Godfather for his own personal reasons.

well played Sarge,well played indeed!

Report Post Tip

I for one, congratulate Lupe on what he's doing. Acting GF isn't easy and just because he's only just become a newly established CL doesn't mean that he doesn't have the experience, bravery or whatever attributes you need to become GF. For those of you that were hopng that Sarge becomes acting GF, tough. He hasn't. Maybe he didn't want to have the pressure you need to become acting GF. Maybe he didn't want to get all the blame if someone cocked-up. Fair play to him. But putting all this pressure on the acting GF of LV is a huge disrespect to him. Let me ask you this. What difference would it made it to have made to YOU if Sarge became acting GF? True, Sarge is known for LV. And LV is known for Sarge. But even that, many of you have disrespected Lupe. I for one have nothing against Sarge. Infact, he's a friend of mine but so is Lupe. And for him to come out here and write a speech to inform you of the changes which to him feels like a huge accomplishment and mission.. but to you guys, for some reason, (not all of you), a dissapointment.

|Salvatore|

Report Post Tip

Thank you Salvatore for putting those clear words of wisdom in place. I know there is a lot of heart ache and hardship over the Las Vegas situation, but to keep things clear respectful and not getting too hot headed over the matter willl result in the greater good of the community and not just Las Vegas.

Just because Las Vegas hasn't officially be recognized by all the community it shouldn't be counted out of the future of this game and most certainly shouldn't be underestimated.

Report Post Tip

No problem Murdoc. 

"but to keep things clear respectful and not getting too hot headed over the matter willl result in the greater good of the community and not just Las Vegas."

That's true. I honestly think Las-Vegas is receiving too much attention for it's own good. And every little action gets bloated up to seem like a huuuge thing. Many tihngs get twisted up and turn into things which put some people into a negative light. One that they might not have been looking for in the first place. Like Murdoc said, if we step-back. Not comment, create a thread about LV. And let them do their thing and grow as one. Then LV could very well be an extremely successful. 

|Salvatore|

Report Post Tip

It's quite obvious what's going on and who's pulling the strings.  The fingers that are pulling the strings are pointing int the direction of the guys who will soon be in the graves.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Slight Change to the LVCS
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL