Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:14
Page:  1 
Of Mice and Men and Las Vegas again Started by: Murdoc on Nov 25, '11 22:15

Over the past few weeks Vegas has been a hot bed for activity, exciting game changes have taken place, caused controversy, sent accusations flying back and forth between old friends and new rivals the lines between which are ever so blurry and thin.

Most interestingly of all that has happened is the accusation of what will happen to those breaking the rules inside and outside Vegas, how will the GFC and outside families respond?

So a few things to look at, for one the involvement of Philly, now from what I know of that situation there were shots fired against Philly and into Vegas and so Philly was more than justified to be involved, whether or not they stepped in illegally more recently is yet to be seen and no proof in any form has been offered for those bold accusations.

Furthermore, the GFC has many things to be worried about, it seems that the Vegas situation was put there in hopes that the big boys would play “nice” and by that I mean follow the rules, so that the GFC wouldn’t have to play mediator.

But since things look like they might be growing in excitement so to speak, could people from outside the city have hurt feelings and pick a fight where they don’t belong, might they break the rules to their own advantages … if so … what steps will the GFC take to stop this.

If it’s found out that one of the members of the GFC itself is culpable, then what … surely they won’t start another country wide war over one city that doesn’t belong to anyone yet … I’m curious to know what actions do they plan to take as precautions, what discipline might they take and whose responsibility then is it to carry that out, will it be open season on the guilty from all families or will families choose not to go in at the risk of losing their own precious members. What would it take for the GFC to stomp down with a firm foot on the situation? Will they take a more Laisez-Faire approach?

I only ask these things to put them out there to see what the people feel about this matter and to give the GFC a chance to make their intentions known to the public since we haven’t heard much word from them lately on the matters.

Frankly I kind of like it, vigilante justice referees looking away from the cheap shots and penalties for the good fun of the whole situation.

I must also make clear that I write this unbiased and will try to stay neutral here, I have no beef with the way the GFC is taking stances on their issues thus far, I like the fact they come to us and speak like sages to us willing to soak up their knowledge, I also like to see those whom are quite angry let off steam, so here we go open forum … Thoughts?

~Murdoc out.

Report Post Tip

So, basically you came out here to ask other people to express their opinions, without expressing one of your own? If people wanted to express their opinions on these matters, they would start their own street discussion. It's lazy and cowardly to come out here to start a discussion without taking a stance on the subject matter at issue. No street speaker who ever made a name for themselves did so by being neutral or walking on eggshells.

To address the LV situation, I don't think anything interesting will take place within the city. It's a bunch of no-marks fighting to claim the title of "most irrelevant city head". What is more interesting is anticipating the dynamics of the other cities where Las Vegas becomes an issue. Will one city get nervous that another city is sending too many representatives there to colonize the city? If LV ever attacks another city, will former associates of the LV family get involved, and will this piss off the remaining cities? That's the interesting story in the works.

Report Post Tip

Furthermore, the GFC has many things to be worried about, it seems that the Vegas situation was put there in hopes that the big boys would play "nice" and by that I mean follow the rules, so that the GFC wouldn't have to play mediator.

How can you have that, but at the same time have this;

whether or not they stepped in illegally more recently is yet to be seen and no proof in any form has been offered for those bold accusations.

So, what exactly has the GFC got to play mediator to? What, pray tell, have they to be worried with?

One man, the son of someone killed by a Vegas leader, decided to cast some rumours around to see who would believe his lies. As you said, no proof was brought forward.. not only that, but Sgt Slaughter contacted me prior to taking the shot, he stated all Vegas leaders had asked that he remove High Society.

However, given your a mere thug and your boss has deemed you worthy of being Well Protected, I doubt for a second any of this comes as a surprise. So, what exactly was the point to this whole speech I find myself wondering. Sure, you say you come out as a neutral, but how can that be? Someone currently housed in Vegas can't surely be neutral to the goings on in that very city, by definition you couldn't get any further from neutral if you tried.

Report Post Tip

I brought this forth to facilitate some debates Teeth, I really don't think calling whomever takes over Vegas is the most irrelevant city head. Thats the furthest thing from the truth, if they were insignificant then other cities wouldn't care. Also it would be a serious sign of disrespect to the one whom put in incredible amounts of hard work and time to make a name and build a city from the bottom up dealing with several kinds of adversities and hardships.

To say that not bringing forth an opinion is not cowardly I just simply chose to bring discussion here as a facilitator since there has been a lot of buzz over Las Vegas lately.

Alabama, I'm not calling out the GFC I thought I made that clear, I brought them up in the conversation to see what kinds of actions might lead the GFC to step into Vegas and police the city if you will.

I'm a little curious as to the plans to how they will take action against the city should somebody take things too far, would all the cities be held responsible? The city from where the family originated? or just the cities involved? I'm sure I'm not the only inquisitive mind wondering these things.

If you have to say that I am taking a stance on the issue in one way or another it is that Vegas will be taken seriously, that people would be willing to recognize that Vegas doesn't simply come down to one person, or family, its a new dynamic, people from different cities coming together with the hopes of running their own families crews and one case the city. Of course I've chosen the horse I want to back in the race to GF so to speak, but I'm certainly not the only one in Vegas that is happy with the way things are shaping.

Report Post Tip

Woah Woah Woah...

Make a name? Build Up? Lupe was there what, 22 hours ago? MAYBE?!?! He didnt "BUILD" a damn thing by the judging. His title is as worthless now as HighSociety's was when he had it. He doesnt truly understand the meaning of Hardship or Adversity and wont until he dies in a day or two, once this is all hashed out.

Report Post Tip

Well Atrophy, I'd like to point out that though Lupe hasn't been here in Vegas long, it absolutely doesn't mean that his position was handed to him.

All the planning, saving, and working on ranking and gaining the respect of peers to make the move to Vegas are all things to consider not to mention knowing when to make your move are all things that take lots of strategy, hardwork, discipline, and intelligence.

Sure Sgt_Slaught has been brilliant here as well nobody can deny that, Lupe Sgt Creep and SKADOOSH, all have a lot of hard work ahead of them. As many have suggested there are those that havent setup yet that come forward with those plans soon.

If thats not interesting to know how it will pan out, I'm not sure what is. Being a part of this whole situation has brought back great memories and lots of excitement to say the least, it definitely brings more to the game than simply going through our daily grinds enjoying the comforts provided to you that your crew leaders have built up already, sometimes we forget what it takes to get to that position in the game and don't give credit to where its due.

You should all think that one over another minute and thank your crew leads for all their sacrifices and hard work they gave to enjoy your protection, after all it was just recently a time of Thanksgiving.

~Murdoc out.

Report Post Tip

Those who left their former city and head to LV to be independent are just that - independent. Their "original" city should not and could not be held responsible for any actions they take. I'd venture to say the GFC would require proof that "X" city has a hand in whatever actions are in question before the city is sanctioned/punished. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Of Mice and Men and Las Vegas again
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL