Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 13:06:00
Page:  1 
A luncheon's epiphany Started by: Gillian on Feb 06, '24 18:41

"I'm not sure what i want" Gillian said, after reading the restaurant menu for the 5th time and ordering a 3rd glass of water. She looked at the cute brunette waitress and frowned, like silently asking for help. The waitress face showed a mix of pity, amusement and annoyance, but she answered politely:
"I highly recommend the lobster ravioli with our good Chardonnay." Gillian nodded and the young woman excused herself to the kitchen.

It was an incredibly beautiful day when Gillian decided to leave the house. The sky was an indigo blue with huge puffy white clouds, and the sun was caressing her skin through the window like a shy lover, only expecting to be smiled at for its gentle touch. 

She hasn't left the house nor showered, nor eaten anything for two days, drowning herself in sorrow, embarassment and self pity for her latest impulsive and self destructive choices. She looked at that beautiful sky, felt the warmth on her skin and it brought back a little life, because her stomach suddenly started grumbling.

She showered, got dressed and went out in search for some seafood. She found herself in that small restaurant.

The waitress had just brought a glass of Chardonay, which Gillian tasted while looking at the sky through the huge front window. She noticed that suddenly it started to get very windy outside and saw some people running. Before her meal reached the table, huge drops of rain started pouring down and by the noise on the ceiling, they must've been the size of fists.

"So much for the good weather," she sighed, swallowed the white wine all at once and adressed the waitress that was bringing her once-so-wanted-meal "bring me a bottle, please." And started eating without much volition. It was good, indeed, but it was hard to find anything that was so pleasurable, anymore.

An old man had just rushed through the front door, all wet, complaining about the 'damned weather and the lack of good newspapers in this cursed country', while throwing his ruined umbrella at the nearest waiter.

And there, at that small seafood restaurant, listening to huge fisty raindrops smash against the ceiling, chewing a piece of lobster ravioli, feeling tipsy from the wine and looking at the man yelling more unnecessary complaints at the poor waiters, she had an epiphany:

"I suddenly feel the urge to write and continue the work of my ancestors. It was always in my blood and i've been denying it for a long time. Its time to bring The Weekly Gazette back."

At this sudden realization, the ravioli tasted better. Gillian could feel something, at last. Or at least purpose. And the rain wasn't a bother anymore. She finished her meal, payed her tab and left in the middle of the storm, smiling, determined to buy a typewriter and start working.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $1,660,000 Tip

You said the same thing back in October then never wrote anything. Big sad. What you need is a top-tier editor to push you & keep you on track. Step forward JohnnyJonJohnFareham?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Yea where's it at Gillian? Nine tips on this announcement equalling 1,640,000 and no newspaper.  This is money that could have gone towards their families but they sent it to you.  Is this a scam?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Whaaaaaaaaat GOOD YALL!  Its your boy Cyraxx.  Now first of all every body relax, ok?  I not here to cause drama or make anyone upset.  I am a new man and have learned from my father's mistakes.  Yes that is a fact, I have learned from my father's mistakes.  Just like we all have,  Did Cyrax make a mistake?  Yes he did.  But at least Im out here trying to better myself and improve myself and learn from my father's mistakes.  Now let me ask all of you something.... have any of you ever made a mistake?  Yes you have.  Are any of you perfect?  No you are not.  Was Cyrax perfect?  No he was not.   Did he make a mistake by disobeying an order from the right hand man of his FAMILY??  Yes he did. Did he accept the consequences like a man?  Yes he did.  Oh and if you think my father Cyrax (rest in peace) didnt accept his punsihment like a man just ask RupertGiles if you dont believe me.  He and I both have the mails so he can prove it to you if you dont believe me.

So what happened was RupertGiles (shoutouts to the Cyraxx Nation) had mailed my father Cyrax because somebody (NOT MENTIONING ANY NAMES) went whining to him about my father Cyrax (rest in peace).  RupertGiles asked my father Cyrax to chill because this person (not mentioning any names but the person was a Don) was getting very upset, which honestly, if I'm being honest with all of you, wasn't even my father Cyrax's fault.  Then I noticed what I thought might be a scam where people were being scammed out of their hard-earned money that they worked hard for that could have gone towards their families and called it out here in these motherf*ckin streets.  ALLEGEDLY a scam, ok?  Don't try and twist my words... I said ALLEGEDLY a scam.  Anyways RupertGiles dropped my father Cyrax (rest in peace) from his family and said he didnt think his crimes deserved to be shot over, but still dropped him from his crew like garbage despite my father busting ass every day trying to protect my family.  But since I was not a descendant of HeadCoach's bloodline he decided not to shoot my father Cyrax (RIP) himself and let someone else do it instead.  Anyways that is all in the past,  Everyone has a past right?

Anyways the good news ya'll is Ive moved on from the past and all of you should too.  I will be starting my own newspaper since it seems the publick wants one.  And this news paper will be better because this one has cash prizes!  Seriously have you ever heard of such a thing?  Like literally have you ever heard of such a thing such.  I bet you haven't.  Anyway I'll have the newspaper out soon yall and you don't even need to give your boy Cyraxx any tips for me to give the people what they want unlike some dumb motherf*ckers I know (not mentioning any names out of respect)

"Cyraxx, good luck staying alive long enough to publish a newspaper, i'll just keep on shooting you every time your kin returns to these shores, specially if you keep pushing me. Keep it up. Also, use your own fucking speeches to advertise, not mine."

Report Post Tip

Thanks Gillian I'll put a rush on it

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL