Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 18:42:14
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Contracts Started by: Gillian on Feb 22, '24 09:53

I took on a contract today and i got this:

One of the well-known Made Men in the crew approaches you one evening before you leave. "You owe me one," they say, handing over a folder. "This piece of shit's a rat and I'm late for a 'private art show.' Do this and I'll call us even."

Im a Don, so it doesn't make much sense to be ordered around by a Made Man. Perhaps have these texts changed according to rank?

Thanks.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Gillian, and this is just one guy talking here, I don't think this is a good idea.  I'll rephrase.  I don't think it's an important idea.

Can you explain why it will benefit us as a community?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Should we just focus only on whats important to YOU, then? Immersive gaming is important for people. I like to roleplay. This is a roleplaying text based game, didn't you notice? If you don't like it, then why the fuck are you even here, TaptGutt?

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Gillian, wo, woa, woah there!  The anger is misplaced.  The question, the only valid question, is how does this benefit the community?  You are one part of the community.  An angry, foul-mouthed part, but a part.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Patronizing stupid questions, foul-mouthed answers.

Gillian, im not saying you're, like, a bad person, but don't you have more important things to focus on?  A weekly newspaper perhaps?

But this is a -1 for me

Report Post Tip

Who the fuck are you to tell me what is important to ME or not? Immersive gaming/roleplay is important to ME. Hence the suggestion.

You and your little bitch ass friends always go on and on about how shitty my newspaper or whatever the fuck i do is lame, but i never see you guys contributing to anything here. Basically the only thing you guys do is shit post, criticize, troll and harass.

I never seen you guys rank. Build. Do anything meaningful. Do you even posted any suggestion around here? Something that would make the game good for YOU. Even if its a terrible idea?

Nope.

Get your fucking patronizing ass out of my face, my posts and my name out of your fucking mouth and go do something meaningful for once, instead of following me everywhere i go. Useless obsessive cunt.

Gillian, do you understand the concept of proportionality?

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Indeed. Even my biggest enormous strap-on dildo wasn't proportionate enough for this hooker's huge floppy vagina. I tried thickening the dildo with some stuff i found lying around, but the stuff just disappeared inside her. Then suddenly she sneezed and something incredible happened: a supermassive black hole appeared, sucking everything around like a vacuum. Cucumbers, carrots, dildos, bycicles, whips, cigarette butts and a 10 pound bag of cocaine. I was able to hold onto the stripping pole nearby, before almost getting sucked into oblivion. Phew, it was a close call. Thanks to this hooker i met once, i got to know the concept of proportionality. I appreciate you reminding me of it, though. You want her number? She did vaginal rejuvenation, but its still an enlightening ride.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Gillian, I don't think that's relevant to what we're discussing here, son.

Report Post Tip

Wow this went off the rails fast. 

Back to the suggestion, the ranking system we use here is quite squiffy. You wouldn't have multiple Dons in any family. Everyone would be Made or below, with a few individuals holding higher positions. It is more conceivable that you would owe a favour to a Made Man than be a Don and not running a family in my view so not something that really needs altering. Equally it is a cosmetic change so if it doesn't take work, sure. 

Report Post Tip
Your hooker jokes are a little outdated by about 23 years but aside from that the suggestion is fine. Nice work Gillian thanks for bringing this to light
Report Post Tip

Always the same group of obssessive little stalking turds 🤣

Report Post Tip

I think it makes sense for it to be a made man but I think the wording should change when you rank to Made from "You owe me one" to something like "Here's that info you requested" just to keep with the immersion. It'd be weird for a Don to owe a favor to a made man after you just paid them for info. 

You and your little bitch ass friends always go on and on about how shitty my newspaper or whatever the fuck i do is lame

For what it’s worth Gillian, I did not think your paper was lame.  

Report Post Tip

Anyways… I’m gonna touch on the initial topic at hand not whatever the hell this turned into. As much as I agree with the idea I think Izzy could use his time much better to work on the new version of the game rather than making rank specific contracts. I’d like to see the new version before I’m too old to play it, as I’m sure many would agree. 

Report Post Tip

A wording change would be an easy fix and rather than tie it to rank, change who is offering up the contract perhaps? Its not too much of a stretch for a FBN agent to be passing off the information given we have ones that take WS, give drug info and where we can find BGs to murder. 

That would get rid of the concern of rank, should only take a minute or two to edit the text and then we can lock and hide this clusterfuck of a thread. 

Also just wanted to say that suggestions for any improvements or changes like this are great to have even if they take time - because if it isn't fixed in this version, its something that Squishy can write down on his "tweaks" list for the next version. Only stating this because I don't want people to not suggest things because "Time vs value" isn't worth it for such a small impact. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I think this is a good suggestion that could be helpful for immersion. If we're going to have some flavor in these texts beyond "here is an MIA that spawned for you", it makes sense that the writing should fit.

I know that when writing certain posts (I believe the initial jobs?), one can use a symbol that automatically fills in the name of the CL- perhaps something like that could be used here as well.

Additionally, if there's issues with the tone feeling off, there could always be a group submissions for people to write up their best 2-3 versions of a "hit" with the idea that the writing should fit everyone from a Don to a Gangster. Just my two cents- a +1 from me.

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Contracts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL