Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:12:10
Page:  1 
New Beginings! Started by: AnthonySalerno on Nov 28, '11 18:37

Preface

As a kid growing up in Italy, Anthony Salerno never had much. His family didn't have alot of money. His father was a farmer,his mother stayed at home and his brothers worked on the farm with their father. This went on for many years, up until Anthony was about twenty. His father baecame very ill with influenza and passed a few short weeks of becoming sick. Anthony and his family spent every penny of their savings on funeral costs and other exspenses. As if things couldn't get any worse, a mojor storm came through Italy, the most desastorous one in decades, and destroyed many crops, houses, businesses and many lives were lost, including the lives of his mother and one of his brothers.

Anthony had so many feelings building up inside him; anger, frustration, and hurt. There was nothing left for him here anymore. Anthony had had some money put back for hard times, just enough to get him where he needed to go.

A New Begining

It was late November,fall was coming to an end an winter was on a rise. A frost covers the ground, and occasionally a snow flake or two. Anthony had been in America a little more than a yea. Upon arriving in New York on a boat, he took a bus to Phillidelphia, Penn. He had lived in a shelter for a few months, until he could save enough cash from working as a cook in a diner the street from the shelter he stayed, when his boss came to him and told him could the extra storage room in the back into a bedroom.

" Its not much kid, but its better than that filthy shelter. You can stay here until you can get up on your feet."

" Thanks", I replied.

Months later, Anthony was walking down one of the many ally's in Philly. It was late, had to have been close to midnight, when Anthony heard a noise. It sounded as if it was a bottle busting and it came from directly in front of him. He kept walking, thinking maybe a stray had knocked an empty boose bottle over. As he neared the center of the ally, he heard it again. This time it followed with laughter and voices. Anthony knew that hoodlums and thugs roamed the dark streets of Philly, but have never paid much attention to them, until now.

By this time he could see them. Anthony was decent seized lad and could hold his own if need be, if it was a one-on-one brawl. But thats not the case here. There was five thugs standing by the wall ten feet from where he stood. He turned around to head back the way he had come when the spotted him.

" Hey mate." The biggest of the group yelled.

" What the hell do you think you're doing? This is my ally, and I dont recall giving you permission to walk down it."

I considered my options and my odds.I then turned with a wide grin from ear to ear.

"I dont recall asking for permission."

"Oh, think your a wise guy, huh? Well lets see how wise you are after we beat your head into the ground." One replied.

Before I had realized, they had surrounded me. They were laughing.

"We run these here streets, chum."

No sooner than the words had left his lips, I was hit in the back of the head, Then they all was on me. In a matter of seconds I was on the ground. Feet and fists came in cotact with my body. Pain took over every inch of my body. They had beat me to a bloody pulp. As darkness consumed me, I thought to myself; " Is this it? Has my whole life led to this point?" Just before I lost conciousness I could make out the blurred sight of a figure stand over me and heard yelling. Then I heard the unmistakable sound of a gunshot.

*BANG*

Report Post Tip

*Cast shoots one guy in the arm, telling him and his friends the next one won't miss, the Thugs flee into the alley* 

You there you ok?

*looking at the sure injuries Cast picks the guy up and takes him to a nearby bar thats empty*

Bartender hurry we got to get him cleaned up and help him!!!

*The Bartender nods and rushes to get towels and disinfectants to clean the bruises on the guy. Cast gives him some rum to to get him back jumping*

Hey you!! Oh, you are one lucky cluts you are, i happen to be at the right place at the right time. Where are you from?

Report Post Tip

" I come from the small town of Trento, Italy. Hey thanks man, you saved my life. I owe ya one."

Anthony takes a swig of the rum handed to him and takes out his pack of smokes and fires one up.

" The name's Tony by the way."

Report Post Tip

*flops back in the chair with relief and lights a smoke*

Glad your ok, I'm Castro "The Butcher" they call me, lets not worry why for now, i'm sure you might need my services later on down the line. 

*bartender hands Cast a drink and he takes a swig*

So did you even have a clue to who the guys were that got you, if you want we can make that clean up run if you catching my drift.

Report Post Tip

Anthony sighs.

No I had no clue. I was on my way home from a midnight stroll when BAM they got me. I will come across them again some day and they will get what they deserve.

Anthony takes a drag from his cigg, body still trembling from being jumped and anger is has him enraged at the thought of it.

Report Post Tip

Dammit, well I got a good look at one of them, so I will ask around and see if I can come up with anything.

*Prepares to leave the bar*

Report Post Tip

Goodbye mate, and thanks for the help...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Beginings!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL