Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 15:37:30
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Until Made, name is not revealed to anyone. Started by: agsrgsghhg on Mar 04, '24 16:17

Another simple one, but more of a vanity one.  Until you are made, no one can see your "real" name (not even your CL).  Upon being made, your name is revealed.

Until you are made, you would just display as "RagingHoe", or something equally fitting.

Some caveats:

If you wack anything real or NPC, excluding dead BG's, your cover is blown.  

If you HQ attack, your cover is blown.

If you mug someone for PP you, your cover is blown.

You can always opt to reveal yourself with a button similar to the retire one, but maybe with a few more warnings as two, evidently, is not enough, @BeZeRk; over to you. 

And of course, you could just tell your crew leader who you are.

Report Post Tip

Two questions: What purpose does it serve, really? Most people in an RP sense wouldn't have the balls to lie about their name or hide it when asked by say, the godfather of the family who could without hesitation kill you. 

Second question is a bit more practical - How would this work with lounge? Sure game chat, maybe, but then you'd have to have a way to link the fake name to lounge or just have really confusing conversations. 

Overall it just seems like something the game doesn't really need as you can go incognito if you want. But overall this is a game that relies on community interaction either IC or OOC, and that's going to be really tricky. Plus there are people like me who I take at least 2 weeks to learn who is who (Mostly down to not caring and bothering to remember) but post wars I struggle and suddenly having some random swap with no notice is just going to confuse people. 

Report Post Tip

you can go incognito if you want

I would argue at present this isn't an option, or is an option is you want to live for a very limited period. Many people are aware of the vouch or purge system running quietly in the background. No one will admit it as such, but it is there. 

The whole suggestion isn't for me though, I can't articulate why I think this isn't a great idea but my gut feeling is its kind of pointless. Maybe we can just get CL's who do better & don't purge to cling onto the "Power" of being at the top of this game. Maybe a container crew for the people who currently can't get a fair shake with the current regime.

Report Post Tip

I mean you're right - you can go incognito and still get shot, but also you could go by an alias enforced by the game and either be held back or upon the change of name, get shot if its not one people recognize.

I understand the frustration people feel, I just don't see this as a solution to that problem, it is just an extra layer that will exasperate the problem. 

Also in terms of RP I really don't like this idea. I know its not one that many people would be impacted by, but having a fake name and then a real name and having to either do extra steps to show the real name, or start writing as the fake name and then swapping just kinda...irks me. But I understand that not everyone plans a name, picture and character background months before they die like I do. 

Report Post Tip

Maybe a container crew for the people who currently can't get a fair shake with the current regime.

So will no one be able to kill others from this container crew?

If not, then anyone could join that container crew and build until they can kill a GF (while having a protection from getting killed).

If they can be killed while in container crew, it makes no sense cos the container crew wont be allowed to survive anyway. both scenarios are a no win for either the container crew members or the rest of the members of the game.

Going incog is an option or maybe make amends, hell I've seen kuku being given a chance here so why not others? Maybe lay low for a while, keep incog and dont bring ill feelings passed down from your father or grandfather?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Until Made, name is not revealed to anyone.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL