Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 03:04:34
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Proposed Addition to MRDot. Threads of significance. Started by: Madoka on Mar 08, '24 03:17

Hey yall will keep this idea nice and short.

Right now MrDot exclusively pushes quotes from things like jokes/shower thoughts ext.

Proposed change would have it sometimes also post quotes and links to significant marked threads from the history of the game.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

The bot is there to start a conversation, sending people down a rabbit hole won't accomplish that. I'm not opposed to it, but I don't think it fits the purpose of the bot quoting things when people don't talk for 5 minutes. 

Report Post Tip

I like the way this was going though - what if we had a page where you clicked RANDOM and then it just took you to a random thread in the game? 

People would use it when they're bored and stuck in a meeting not paying attention or uh... other things.

Plus, the whole getting the Bot to do it means we have to compile a list of interesting threads and honestly? I  have only written so many. 

Report Post Tip

interesting threads and honestly? I  have only written so many. 

Welcome to GeorgetteReturns v2.0, where the action is yours, but the text is hers.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Don't forget to tip generously! 

Report Post Tip

Plus, the whole getting the Bot to do it means we have to compile a list of interesting threads and honestly? 

Honestly, I was just Gunna use my personal credit fund to bankroll a crowdsourcing for this. Let everyone earn some credits by submitting threads of note. 

Report Post Tip

Overall I like the idea. I like MR history and look at different threads from over the years often. I would be concerned as Georgette has highlighted around the finding of said threads. I think if you are bank rolling it yourself Madoka I think you will need to be checking the threads yourself to make sure they are worthy. And who are we to decide which of Spikes animal posts are deemed worthy. I think maybe the random button would work best or if someone if willing to compile a good list. Cause I think if the bot is highlighting stuff it needs to be worthy of viewing and I dunno how we would decide that. Overall interesting idea and I like the thinking behind it. Just not sure if its fully there yet. 

Report Post Tip

Problem with bankrolling it is are you going to punish people if they just randomly send 50 links without actually checking anything? And then do you go off of quality of writing in a boring basic bar, or want more of a compelling story even if the writing is average? 

Its to subjective to reward people for it and too much effort to ensure people aren't just fucking around for free shit. 

Good starting point would be asking users to submit 5-10 of their own threads they're most proud of as a starting point? I mean if I had a button that I could click on a thread to submit it to the list, that'd make it easier for day-to-day additions, and probably would start reading old ones. 

Report Post Tip
While it's not a "great" sign if a thread is good or not, I can programmatically offer a list of high tipped threads, threads with large amount of replies, or high point scoring threads. Also threads that AI can identify as hostile towards georgette

Also threads that AI can identify as hostile towards georgette

So basically everything? Or maybe the ones which mention spiders.

I was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you. How dare you. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Proposed Addition to MRDot. Threads of significance.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL