Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 22:55:46
Help
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard Cap Started by: Kendra on Dec 01, '11 05:01

As it is the end of the month, we have reviewed the current bodyguard cap and made the adjustments accordingly. For the end of November, the cap has been lowered slightly. Those who are currently at the current cap will be unable to buy more bodyguards. If their bodyguards die, they will be unable to buy bodyguards back until they are below the current cap once more.

We will once again reevaluate the bodyguard cap at the end of December, or the next time there is a site changing event.

Thank you!

Report Post Tip

If their bodyguards die, they will be unable to buy bodyguards back until they are below the current cap once more.

If someone is already at the cap and bodyguard dies wouldn't that put them below the cap and allow them to buy another? If not doesn't that mean there are people above the cap and therefore have an unfair advantage.

Report Post Tip

I think the point is; the BG Cap is set to the person with the highest BG count. If that person loses a BG, they're still the highest BG count, they just have one less. So the cap drops by one (since they still have the most BGs).

Report Post Tip

Actually Pharol it doesn't say in this that the cap is set to the person with the highest bodyguards.

What it does say is "they will be unable to buy bodyguards back until they are below the current cap once more.". Which implies at least to me that there is at least one person already above the count, which makes Wacktard's concern and point a valid one to bring up.

Report Post Tip

True, if the cap is lowered but the highest number of BGs assigned to one player hasn't changed, there does appear to be a discrepancy with how many BGs someone can have.

Report Post Tip

"Sept 24, at 23:59:59, a cap will be put in for bodyguards that will match what the highest number of BGs at that time is. Around once a month, the situation will be assessed to see if the cap will be brought down even further to match the existing largest accounts at that time (Meaning if the largest BG owner at that time dies, I will evaluate the math, and see if it needs to be brought down to the current highest bg owner), or raised up if the current situation calls for it."

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/186646

That should help answer your questions.

Report Post Tip

so, to confirm, the cap is static. when the if i have the most BGs and lose one, i'll be able to buy it back.

right?

Report Post Tip

No, if you are at the cap and lose one you will not be able to buy one back if you are still the highest in the game.

Report Post Tip

So the cap is set to what the highest person in the game has, as soon as they lose one, the cap automatically drops by one?

Report Post Tip

The cap if you really stop to think about it would be an average and formula of all the users in the game vs. how many BGs are in the game currently also depending on how many BGs per user has as well I would think.

So the BG cap isn't depending on ONE person, it is depending on us as a whole in the community I would think. As ONE person may be at the top of the BG cap, doesn't mean it will be lowered if they lose one BG. It might, it might not.

But the BG cap isn't due to one person having a disadvantage either. If the BG cap at one point in time was 500 and a big war happens and now the cap is 300, it's not that persons fault for buying BGs while the cap was high.

Just my 2 cents :>

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard Cap
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL