Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:01:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A Sad State of Affairs. Started by: JaxTeller- on Dec 01, '11 20:22

As much as EvilClown claimed he had redempted and was not the man of his forebears stature, there was ultimately no proof of this. Godfather Worley vouched for him though, and for a time, that was enough. However, the fact that so soon after EC's death we have his son returning to the streets with talk of bg wacking - if not directly doing it then inciting the masses - and in doing so taking on the traits of his bloodline. Is this some psychological affect that skips generations? Who knows.

Ultimately, each man has to be judged on his own merits - but you will always to an extent be held to what your bloodline have done. Right? Not really but it's basic human behaviour to do so. Ultimately total proof is not needed - Godfather James felt he had enough to go on and frankly that is that. However, I would say that the EC's son's actions have somewhat vindicated Chicago's choices here. It's not conclusive proof for sure, but I certainly think it's coincidental that this bloodline has reverted to old tactics so quickly. And I don't believe in coincidences.

I was and am of the opinion that Chicago is the best city at the moment. I can't speak internally of other cities, but I am proud of our place on the map - internally we are well drilled and organised and I'm pleased to be a part of it. For what it's worth though, I did consider Detroit to be second after my hometown. I don't wish that to sound condescending but the city boasted some mobsters of truly outstanding calibre; but I'm a little disappointed in this Jax. You're no kid, you've been around the block and you and I can both name 10 takedowns that were done on flimsy reasoning for every true 'good vs. bad' conflict that occured.

Report Post Tip

Clarity frowned at the speech she had just heard. She had no idea who this man was, but she didn't care too much for what he had to say.

"You're angry, that I'm sure of. You're allowed the right to complain, bitch, and whine, but who are you to judge how other people work?"

"Congratulations, Detroit had a lot of active talkers. They were extremely sociable. Yet, does that mean the rest of the cities are pure shit because their members are the quiet type? Maybe, just maybe, they aren't extroverts. Perhaps they are very shy and would rather keep to those they know are friends. Is that such a bad thing? Does that make that city worthless and not as good as your late Detroit? Hell no. Would I like to see the rest of the cities be like that, of course!"

"I loved the city of Detroit, granted there were a few that didn't know how to hold themselves respectably, which in this case got them killed, but I had plenty of friends there. Yet, to go so far and say that it had higher standards than the rest of us blows my mind. I knew Alabama, she was a good friend. I know she had high standards, but she allowed for those that didn't have such high standards to do whatever they pleased."

Waving her hand over to Eve, Clarity then continued.

"As Eve has shown, there is a difference between respectfully going to the streets and talking about what you have on your mind and going to the streets and saying whatever the hell you feel like. Do you see in that speech that "attacked" Philly any rude words insulting Lotta? No, he simply asks do you think she has what it takes after showing the facts? Do you see him calling her a piss poor leader or a shit city? No, but what you do see is a few members of Detroit saying those things. Granted, not all of Detroit acted like this, but to let such members go on without a slap on the wrist just wasn't acceptable."

"Detroit as a whole was a grand city that allowed for one sour apple to ruin their day. Due to the fact that they allowed that sour apple to stay there and thrive is what led to this. I wish it wasn't so, but it is what it is."

"I just hope that other cities learn from this and don't allow the same to happen to them and that those who have fallen rest in peace."

Clarity lowered her head, as if she was mourning those who had passed, before raising it up again to stare at those around her.

Report Post Tip

Excuses Excuses....

You all suck dick...

Jax is right...

Go fuck yourselves... :)

Peace out!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for that IPHONEMAN.  I think my IQ dropped about 2% for listening to that recording.

Report Post Tip

Regarding Fatty's speech, I have to disagree with those who say it was as disrespectful as the comments made by Thor. Read through the transcripts again. He mentions facts, much in the way that Jax- did, but he never used personal insults. He stated facts, and allowed people to make their own judgements. That is now, and always has been, acceptable.

The line is what is allowable, and what is not has been stretched from the recent past. I for one intend to see that it remains stretched. There is a difference between stretching the standards, and ignoring them altogether.

My problem with this statement is that, it was a Wise Guy questioning and disrespecting a CITY HEAD. Whether or not you see it as disrespect is neither here nor there as you are pretty bias to the situation. So am I in all fairness, but it was a complete sign of disrespect. He doesn't come from the city, nor is or was he in any position to be concerned with the business he was discussing. He actually also admitted that, after his own CL came out and condoned his disrespectful ways. I wonder if his CL would be so forgiving were I to come out and point out all of his flaws and other things that would be none of my business.

Well I am fairly pleased. Pleased that Philly have proved me wrong. Now I do not know the workings of the city, but I only hope LottaBEssen has noticed these fine young chaps and is going to put them too good use.

Reply by: FattyFats at Nov 16, '11 19:05

Now while I did only pull a couple of sentences from the whole quote, I did not take them out of context. The point that I am trying to make is that when my bloodline first started out here, you didn't disrespect ANYONE over you, ESPECIALLY a CL and ESPECIALLY a city head. And especially when those things were none of your business. EVERYONE makes mistakes. But I don't see people coming out here and publicly airing everyone else's mistakes for all to see. Funny that all he had to speak about in his speech was the workings of the city only to later admit that he did not know the workings of the city.

Did people feel stifled under the previous reign from being able to come to these streets and speak their mind, sure they did. And now that that stifling isn't being felt, it doesn't give anyone the right to come out here and disrespect any leader in that manner. Had the tables been turned and the person had been speaking ill of your Godfather, I'm sure you'd feel differently and I'm sure the turnout would have been different. I know this to be true because a Philly member posted a similar thread only in the content of the thread he said that what was going on in Chicago was none of his damn business, which is quite true. And members of your city wanted severe punishment for him posting his thread.

Free speech? Sure, as long as you remember your place in this world.

Report Post Tip

YOU MAD BRO?

Haha sorry couldn't resist again

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Sad State of Affairs.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL