Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 14:59:10
Page:  1 
Looking for an RTS Started by: BadxWolf on Mar 19, '24 18:50

Looking about for a Real-Time Strategy game to get into. 

It's been years since I've played a Civilization game, played the one before the one that's out now. 

also seen Ages of Empires 2 and 4 online reviews stating 3 is dead and sucks, 4 is ok but 2 is still the more active and popular one? 

Is any one player either civ? or any other game you would recommend? Seeking something that's a slow casual pace not something you got to basically live on or pay to win.

Report Post Tip

Europa Universalis is a great grand strategy by Paradox, super complicated but enjoyable (with a steep learning curve) or just enjoy Company of Heroes 1 and 2 (3 is meh), depends on what do you like/enjoy. A lot of different RTS, depending on the technology you enjoy per-se.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Going off of BerZerk, Stellaris is another grand strategy by Paradox. It's pretty fun. 

RimWorld is more of a "colony builder" but it has real time strategy elements. 

Report Post Tip

I played AoE2 couple years back for the first time since I was young. Great game, lots of fun, but be aware it's fast-paced (high actions-per-minute) if you intend of playing against other humans - a bit like StarCraft 2 if you've played that. 

I'd recommend checking out Crusader Kings 3 and Victoria 3 - both of which are also developed by Paradox and sound more like what you're after.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Man, I love Stellaris. Alot of omg, it's 2AM moments while playing.

Report Post Tip

I've spent a little time playing AoE4, it is a little age bias and when I say that I mean it does seem to be a little tame from a gore perspective, but, the game still plays pretty well.

> The civilization selection are varied and unique.

> There is not much trouble finding online play.

> You can always play offline Vs. AI, map creation (if they introduce it) and story campaign.

> Team friendly with 1v1 - 4v4 is online mode.

> Pre-made sever groups with friends.

It just seems to be missing some key attributes to allow it to really have a booming player base, I think they want to do the updates but I'm not sure what's stopping them. If you are looking for slower pace then I guess AoE4 still works.  You will have slower moments and more ferocious mouse clicky/key bindy moments.

-HONS-

Report Post Tip

Yeah Sal I've had plenty of nights where I realize how late it is, but I just have to finish a few more things before laying down. Or preparing myself for awakened civilizations lol

Report Post Tip

Just to add what Mila said, Stellaris is even better than above mentioned Paradox Games. If you enjoy space, xenophobia, orbital bombardment and space racism or you want to take Star Trek road and have a confederation, trade, mingle with the Xenos, sure, also doable.

Report Post Tip

Not really sure I play many over the years I play then get fed up with them and uninstall them too 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Looking for an RTS
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL