Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 17:03:02
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Do The Streets Need A Kuku (And Not A Transistor) Started by: Hop on Mar 26, '24 15:14

It's easy enough to observe that the most recent iteration of the notorious Kuku lineage, MrKuku, brought an enormous swell of activity to The Streets with a short but typically profound speech delivered with gusto on the subject: 'Does Transistor Want To Be Kuku?'.

His appearance prompted famous mutes like Sisu and the rarely-seen Shoresy to finally engage with the general public, and inspired the likes of Transistor and Warmonger to deliver speeches of their own, though attendance numbers sagged, to say the least. 

It's only a failure if you fail to learn from it, and I'm sure they will offer something worth listening to next time around.

However, since the death of MrKuku, it has fallen silent again, as silent as a Transistor speech, you could say.

This prompts the obvious question: Do The Streets Need MrKuku?

His bloodline, after all, has served with distinction under the title 'Leader of The Streets' on many occasions. 

Has all this time in public office given his family line a deeper understanding of public discourse? 

Certainly, one could argue, that the overwhelming popularity of his speech compared to the deafening silence which met the speeches of Transistor and Warmonger make for stark comparisons. 

Is it a question of intelligence? Of the haves and have-nots? 

Is it unreasonable to suggest that the influence and consequences of Shoresy's illiteracy down the mafia hierarchy have been a disaster for the human race?

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Maybe we need both?  Like good needs bad.  Like morons don't need $80m.  Like OliverQueen needs to write.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Yin and yang.

Or a half-moon cookie, to speak their language, as much of their discourse seems laser-focused on cake recipes and bake sales.

A Co-Leadership of The Streets perhaps?

But I fear, Dutchy, that power is best balanced in a triumvirate. 

Suggestions?

Report Post Tip

I actually think the decline of the streets can be pinpointed to two key events; the murder of all the Mafia journalists and Warmonger allowing the Saddle Newsflash to fall into the hands of a mad man. Both of these predate the rise (and inevitable fall) or MrKuku.

I take some of the blame myself in this department as it was my overzealous newshoundery that led to my having to place trust in Warmonger (misplace is probably a more accurate word) to not fumble the bag and, unfortunately, not only did he butter-fingers it, he penchant for baking resulted in him flambéing it all over the floor. 

That being said, it is an disappointing truth that MrKuku does manage to draw attention. Should it be frowned upon that this attention is often as a result of his own self-immolation or should we recognise that regardless, his relentless shitbaggery provides respite from an otherwise near total monotony in which a Don from LA can drop entirely off the map for nearly 3 weeks before anyone notices?

Personally, I think we should throw him to the wolves. If anyone can find them. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $696,969 Tip

his relentless shitbaggery provides respite from an otherwise near total monotony in which a Don from LA can drop entirely off the map for nearly 3 weeks before anyone notices

SaddleFlashing with all do respect, but you are familiar with the term omertà right?  Perhaps that is why? That ever cross your mind?

Anyway to the point at hand, usually when people from his ilk start throwing his weight around in the streets I find solace in the business district. There is a plethora of amazing places to be found within our fine cities, many which are hidden gems. I urge everyone to go exploring!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $696,969 Tip

in which a Don from LA can drop entirely off the map for nearly 3 weeks before anyone notices?

Seeing as you choose to use this recent incident as some form of ammunition for your jabs, allow me to enlighten you slightly. The Don in question was not gone for anywhere near close to 3 weeks. Infact, I spoke with him personally at his residence in Hollywood only a few days ago. You shouldnt believe everything you read in the Press, sometimes errors find their way into the system.

Was he busy? Oh indeed. Various issues in Sicily had become apparent and I was made aware of this on quite a regular basis. However, I need not share any further details on that topic as frankly, it's none of your concern. When the police showed up to seize his assets, our operation acted immediately to secure a second plot of land and ensure the safety of those members.

I hope that addresses your point, SaddleFlashing.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Apologies, my wording was poor. I used it as it had recently occurred and it was not actually intended to be a jab about you or LA in particular, and was supposed to be more of a reflection on us as a whole. This is due to the fact that even an event such as a HQ being seized due to it's leader being absent, which would traditionally have drawn at least some discussion as it should be a big deal, doesn't draw anything at all and without a Kuku, there seemingly would be very little discourse whatsoever about anything.

The latest conversations are; response to Kuku, Kuku topic, mandatory announcement, guy telling story to himself, Tommy's contest, response to Kuku, response to Kuku, mandatory announcement, Kuku topic, Kuku topic. If you take the Kuku line out of the mix, then there is actually only a mandatory announcement and a story to digest in the last 8 days. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

in which a Don from LA can drop entirely off the map for nearly 3 weeks before anyone notices?

BulletToothTony - You seem like a good guy. Do you need some money to restart your operation? Do you need wisdom? Friendship? An ancestor of mine was the youngest acting Godfather in history. Under my guidance, this could have been avoided. 

Report Post Tip

Money? Have you repaid your debts of $79million yet? Lets be real, you play the lottery every week in the hope of getting rich cause we all know, your accomplishments are rather, lacking.

Besides, Tony had to visit his father, Lostboy, whom initiated discussions regarding inheritance funding. See, the money he stole many years ago from a competitive writing comp, have lasted him all these years and hes ready to pass the wealth on.

Signalling to one of his entourage, a suit wearing gentleman comes over to Tyki's side as the Godfather exchanges some silent words with him. Moments later, the man exits the area.

Report Post Tip
Tyki_Mikk, I'm offering to help, there's no need to get so upset, son.

I've heard good things about BulletToothTony. They say he ran a tight ship. I would like to set him back up before anyone notices and avoid further embarrassment for LA.

I am the Leader of the Streets, you are the leader of a powerless city. Neither of us have a seat at the table, despite how much we deserve it. We would do well to stick together.
Report Post Tip

Yawns.

To answer you again Saddle. There are some things which can be taken away from that. Its not the role of one individual to fix, however, a collective may be able to at least steer the ship on a set course.

I'll reach out to you later, perhaps we can grab a coffee while I am passing through Vegas.

Report Post Tip

You say it's not the role of one individual to fix, yet nearly every discussion on The Streets is a result of my influence. And still, my service to this community is met with hostility, rage and fear. I martyr myself for an audience that can't even comprehend the sacrifice. And worse, is unwilling to accept help when everyone can see they need it. You could be more than you are, Tyki_Mikk, but it's clear you are happy with your anonymity. In any case, I'll give you this PR tip for free: SaddleFlashing is a born-loser. Don't cozy up to him while this BulletToothTony incident remains fresh. He lost his newspaper to an idiot, who outbid an even bigger one. 

Report Post Tip
What about maybe tournament style perhaps?
Report Post Tip

ChicagoStadium - I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Could you please elaborate?

Report Post Tip
My apologies. As I was listening to this discussion I had a thought about all these various claims of yourself and your relatives being the leader of the streets. I was thinking that a street speaking tournament to crown a leader could finally put the argument to rest, but I had forgotten I had not expressed my thoughts prior to suggesting my tournament idea. So it was just a suggestion, but I simply forgot to mention what my suggestion was in reference to, (which is obvious to everyone except for you obviously)
Report Post Tip

That's a good idea, ChicagoStadium. I like you. You remind me of a young BulletToothTony

Report Post Tip

I like you. You remind me of a young BulletToothTony.

I’ve seen these sentiments expressed before to others. I’ll be damned if I get roped into your web of deceit. I’d prefer death. And even if you are being sincere, I’d prefer death to being liked by a Kuku

ChicagoStadium pulls his revolver from his holster and blows his brains out

Report Post Tip

RIP ChicagoStadium. I would like to give his son a million dollars if he were to make himself known.

And another million for sole ownership of his Street tournament idea. 

And I'll send a million to BulletToothTony, who I respect deeply. 

Would anyone else like some money?

Report Post Tip

I would like some money please 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $5,000,000 Tip

Welcome to The Streets, son. Here's 5 million dollars. Enjoy. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Do The Streets Need A Kuku (And Not A Transistor)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL