Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 09:30:12
Page:  1 
Etherbunny Event - Postponed Until Next Weekend Started by: Squishy on Apr 05, '24 21:30

The Etherbunny event scheduled for this weekend has hit some technical issues and is being postponed until the following weekend of April 13th and 14th.

Long story short, the event this weekend was also a giant test for new middleware that sits between the old game code/db and the new game, so that we can selectively determine what parts uses new or old, while using the same exact existing characters. At one point when we are happy that everything is working as intended then we would just make the final switch to the new front end  - thus allowing me to turn on the new features that are only written for the new version (To avoid a massive amount of work, all new stuff is only written for the new game, so all the new things already written are queued up and ready to be turned on, but we cant until its been used for a bit and bullet tested, and then everyone makes the switch).  I keep having little issues creep up that could cause a very frustrating weekend for both the players and staff, and I feel its best to postpone it another week so that these little gremlins can be ironed out.

I apologize to those who have shuffled plans/scheduled hookers/bought ADHD meds/sent the kids to their aunts... and you know, the rest of you wonderful normal folk who just bought a bag of chips.  I just get that nagging feeling that it needs a little extra time to make sure it not going to throw a tantrum that I may not be able to fix in a timely manner or has unintended weird side effects like every time you find an egg, it sends an sms to Kuku professing your undying love and adoration of his online persona.

To to save you, me, and Kuku some stress, we will give it a go next weekend instead.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Report Post Tips: 14 / Total: $280,000 Tip

I apologize to those who have shuffled plans/scheduled hookers/bought ADHD meds/sent the kids to their aunts... and you know, the rest of you wonderful normal folk who just bought a bag of chips.

What about the people who did all that and the bag of chips? 

I'm sorry.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I hope you are proud of yourself Georgette

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Well someone has to be. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Etherbunny Event - Postponed Until Next Weekend
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL