Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 00:39:24
Page:  1 
The Culinary Gangster Junior's Corner Started by: KingSao on Apr 18, '24 23:32

As the streets begin filling with people going about their lives, there are a few young urchins standing on street corners or walking through the crowds. These street urchins are handing out pamphlets to anyone who will take them, mafiosi or not. It's not just the criminal underworld that deserves the contents of these pamphlets. The whole world should experience this genius. One of these little rascals approaches you and shoves one into your hand. The contents read:

Greetings world,

Most of you know my father, Gladius, was the Culinary Gangster of our world. While his life may have been cut short, you are all lucky enough that he passed his culinary genius down to his son, me. I thought I would carry on the tradition of The Culinary Gangster's Corner. I was fortunate enough to see the popularity of this distribution first hand, with others clamoring for more. I am here to deliver. The goal of the previous distribution was to share my father's love of desserts, and while I enjoy them myself, I plan to print about more savory dishes. 

This first dish we are going to discuss has been a favorite of mine since I was about knee high to a cricket. It was the first dish I learned, and failed, to cook. Let's just say I didn't have the natural talent we'd all expect, but practice makes perfect and I have come into my own genius. I know you will all love it as much as I do, provided you don't fuck it up.

Without further adieu, I present to you The Perfect Chicken Piccata.

Ingredients:

• 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Kosher salt

• Freshly ground black pepper

• 1/4 cup (30 g.) all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • 6 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • Juice of 1 lemon

• 1 (3.5-oz.) jar capers, rinsed
  • Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions:

Step 1  Cut chicken breasts in half parallel to work surface all the way through. In between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound each breast until 1/4" thick; generously season with salt and pepper.

Step 2  In a large shallow bowl, place flour. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. In a large skillet over high heat, heat 1/4 cup oil until very hot. Working with 3 chicken pieces at a time, cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Adjust heat as needed and repeat with remaining chicken.

Step 3  In same skillet over high heat, bring wine, broth, and lemon juice to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by about one-quarter, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add butter, one piece at a time, vigorously whisking after each addition; don’t stop whisking until all butter is incorporated. If sauce starts to break, add 1 tablespoon water and continue to whisk until sauce is smooth and glossy.

Step 4  Return chicken to skillet. Add capers, bring sauce to a light simmer, and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.

There you have it folks, The Perfect Chicken Piccata. This can be served over any kind of pasta you'd like, or served by itself, though I prefer to have it over penne pasta. I did not include instructions on how to cook the past because if you don't know how, well then I just can't fuckin' help ya. Are you Italian or not? 

Unfortunately, I not only inherited my fathers love and skill for cooking, I also inherited his laziness for producing a leaflet. I'm working to overcome said laziness, and hope to do this every couple weeks. If you enjoyed this edition of The Culinary Gangster Junior's Corner, please harass me until I produce another one. Until next time.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $440,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Culinary Gangster Junior's Corner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL