Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:56:50
Page:  1 
Heartless Warriors Started by: StuPickles on Dec 09, '11 14:39

Rolling out of his luxurious King size bed in the HQ, he grumbled at the abysmal coffee gurgling in the coffee pot. "Going to need to hire a maid just to make a damn pot of coffee!" He griped, going about his daily morning routine; checking his messages, smoking a blunt in the shower, taking a shower... Etc etc.

Riiiiing. Riiiiing. Turning his head to the clock Stu raised his eyebrows, thinking to himself that the caller had better be important if they were ringing at this hour. Slinking over to the phone lazily, he answers while suppressing a yawn,

"This had better be important, I haven't even put toast on yet."

A few moments of silence followed, ending quickly when the man on the other line began chuckling.

"Now is that any way to say good morning to your boss Stu? Anyway, I could hear your damned alarm all the way across the HQ. When you get finished waking up, there's some business I'd like to attend to immediately in my office."

Click. Stu scratched his forehead momentarily, pondering over what was so important that Creep himself had rang. Usually he sent a messenger. Hell, Stu thought, usually I am the messenger!

Bustling about quicker than was normal for him, Stu finished getting dressed and grabbed a yogurt and a spoon before walking through the HQ to Creeps office.

Not bothering to knock, Stu walks in and sinks into the fine Italian leather armchair sitting in front of Creep's desk. Creep looked up over his newspaper and smiled, folding it carefully before setting it down.

"That the newest edition of Africanus's paper?" Stu inquired, slurping on his yogurt. Creep nodded and smirked, "Aye, as many times as I read it I still chuckle at Funtcase's interview." Stu smiled and nodded, it was indeed a humorous article. Waiting in silence he circles the bottom of his yogurt with his spoon, looking around the room. A slight cough made him look up to see Creep smiling... Creepily at him.

"Uhhh... Usually that stare is reserved for those who don't have long to live sir..." Stu said half jokingly, half scared. Countless times he'd seen that stare before Creep pulled his trigger. But he was the RHM, a mere Wise Guy, almost a trusted member of the family... What did he do?

Bursting into laughter, something that was uncommon for Creep, he shakes his head and explains,

"Sometimes Stu, everything is not as it seems. I really just wanted to gauge your reaction to my death stare. I must admit, most piss themselves so I'm quite impressed you stayed calm. I did see that look of worry in your eyes though, which is alright. Anyone in this business who doesn't have something to hide is doing it wrong!"

Stu nodded slowly, still not quite sure where this was going. Pulling out a cigar, he rolls one over to Creep before lighting his own, hoping the boss would get to the point soon.

"Anyway, enough chat. Down to business." Creep said, holding his cigar under his nose to embrace the sweet aroma before puffing on it. "You've been a stellar RHM Stu, and I think it's time you got a promotion. Congrats man, you're now Made." Creep said smiling.

A loud noise of clapping came from behind him, and Stu wheeled around quickly to see some of the members standing at Creeps door, nodding their approval.

Thanking Creep and shaking hands with his family, Stu ventured out into the streets and did his daily business, drug deals, a hooker for lunch, and a stroll through the strip before returning to his room in the HQ.

A few days later...

Riiiing. Riiiiiiing! Stu rolled out of bed groggily, thinking to himself that he should really start taking the phone off its base at night.

"What?" Stu said irritated, rubbing his eyes.

"You really need to stop answering the phone like that pal, you're going to offend someone one of these days!" Creep said jokingly before continuing more seriously. "Really though, get your ass out of bed and into my office immediately."

Stu complied, not even bothering to change out his pajamas before strolling down to Creeps office. Walking in still half asleep, he smiled at the coffee in Creeps office, coffee that was better than most drank in their lives. Creep had it imported from Columbia weekly.

"Whaaaat?" Stu grumbled, "I took care of that loan shark who owed us last night, and I already did the inventory for the cartel. Unless there's something important I'd really like to get back to sleep sir, it's supposed to be my day off!"

Creep nodded slowly, "Stu, you know that in this business, days off are a rare thing. Now please, sit."

Stu sank into the chair, making sure to not get too comfortable for fear of falling asleep. Cracking his neck loudly, Stu nodded in agreement. Even on his "days off", he knew there was still a lot going on.

"Thank you, Stu. Now the reason I've called you so early is I have some bad news."

Stu instantly felt himself awaken more, sitting up straight he drew his brows together inquisitively. Surely nothing had happened to his pet skunk? He couldn't stand the thought of losing that furry little companion of his.

"No, nothing happened to your damned skunk Stu, quit looking like a sad little boy on Christmas."

Creep was being harsher and more blunt with him than he was used to, which of course only peaked Stu's curiosity further. "Alright then boss, what's up?"

Reaching into his pocket, Creep slowly pulled a ring of keys out, flipping through them slowly, looking for the right one.

"Ya see Stu, here's the thing. There comes a time in some mobsters lives that they simply grow too big for their own good. I think you know where I'm going with this... I really don't want to do this, but..." Creep stopped fiddling with the keys, and stared at Stu from across the desk.

Stu began sweating, his stomach gurgling with nervous anticipation. He knew he'd done nothing but serve his boss and city well, doing whatever was asked of him without asking any questions. Why was Creep talking and looking at him like it was the last time they'd speak?

Swallowing hard, he nodded respectfully, internally begging his boss to not drag this out anymore.

Two quick fluid motions happened in a heartbeat, Creep tossed a thick copper key from his ring, and Stu instinctively snatched it out of the air coolly, his years of playing baseball showing by his reflexes. Staring at the key Stu noticed an inscription dug across the side of it.

Honor. Family. Omerta.

Tilting his head curiously at Creep, Stu wondered what this key belonged to. He knew the inscription well, it was a code that all men of his trade abided by.

"Know that building down on 13th? The one we broke into a few weeks ago to bring those dealers? That key will open every door in that building. Now get the hell out of my HQ, you've got your own now!" Creep concluded, a broad smile spreading across his face.

"... Wow. Umm... I don't even know what to say boss. I don't want to leave you alone over here, but I have always longed to see this day! Thank you so much sir, I swear upon the button you gave me I will not let you, or this city down!"

Stepping onto a soapbox, Stu announces the latest news while sipping from his flask and lighting a cigarette.

"Well ladies and gents, it seems I've been given the OK to set up over here in Vegas. Though I didn't work with him terribly long, Creep and I became close recently, and I'd like to thank him a million times over for this opportunity."

Looking around the crowd, Stu smiles and gets lost in thought for a moment. Only yesterday had he gotten his Made Man promotion, and today he stood a Crewleader, something he would not take lightly.

"The whole 'Vegas wishes you no harm, we're peaceful, etc etc, thing has been done too many times, I'd rather show you all via my actions, so I'll save you folks the time of listening to it."

"It's always exciting in Vegas, and I hope to help continue the shaping of our fine city for many, many moons. That being said, I introduce you to The Familiae fixa Warriors."

A few people clapped, others nodded respectfully. Before stepping off the box to mingle with the crowd, Stu added quickly,

"Oh yes, I almost forgot. Though my HQ is currently empty other than myself, all members of my family will be PP friendly. I look forward to working with, and seeing you all soon!"

(OOC; this, as is every mail/post/thread, was written via mobile, I apologize if I missed any errors).

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Heartless Warriors
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL