Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 13:03:02
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Signing Crew Rules Started by: ChilleDeCastro on Apr 26, '24 14:00
This speech is directed more to the new blood, or even the kin of someone who just passed and is joining a crew. PLEASE tell me you guys aren’t still signing crew rules. If you are, you need to correct that immediately. Under no circumstances should one be entering a binding contract upon first entering a crew. In some rare and extreme cases, you may find that a leader insists upon it, maybe even to the point of mailing out daily reminders to sign them. Put it off as long as possible if you can, and if you are given an ultimatum to either sign the rules or die, you sign the rules “UNDER DURESS”. Do NOT sign your name to the rules or anything else that could come back and bite you in the ass in the future. Kind of sad that people even need to be reminded of this, but some people sign them innocently because they want to do the right thing. Trust me, it’s never the right thing. “Under duress” or nothing at all. You’ll be led to believe that you are obligated to sign. Always remember you are not.
Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Tommo stepped out onto the street where ChilleDeCastro was speaking, taking it all in and pondering on the words being said.

Chille, I'm really trying to understand your point of view here, but I don't quite trust somebody when they give guidance without giving justification or explanation. Crew rules are a sign of mutual respect and understanding, they also work for the benefit of both the crew and the person signing. 

The crew offers protection to its members and in return ask for respect, loyalty and that you’re not going to do something stupid like shoot someone you’re not supposed to and bring heat to the rest of the crew. 

Unless there’s a crew out there which is asking far more than what is realistically expected then I struggle to see what the harm is. 

Is it really unreasonable to expect someone working for you, wearing your crew suit and being protected by you to sign rules saying they will operate in a respectful and loyal manner?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Is it really unreasonable to expect someone working for you, wearing your crew suit and being protected by you to sign rules saying they will operate in a respectful and loyal manner?

With all due respect sir I don’t answer questions.

But to your point about respect and loyalty in exchange for protection, at no point in time did I ever instruct anyone to not FOLLOW the rules, simply not to SIGN them.  I for one have read each and every rule my crew has, and follow those rules to the letter.  I don’t need to enter a binding contract in order to be a loyal and respectful member of the family, and to do so is very very foolish.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

So where are the consequences for the leaders that do not actually do that? Or pick and choose who to do that for? 

There are instances throughout the history where leaders have allowed their members to die to appease other people. Should leaders expect that kind of loyalty when it is clearly not returned in some regards?

Report Post Tip
If we were putting concrete sidewalks down in our great city of Philly working in a union or something I would agree with you...

But this is the mafia and that is just not how it works.

Interesting topic though and you're a bit of a legal scholar I see. 
Maybe you should open up a business advising people on their rights etc.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Todd is walking on the streets and happens to hear an interesting speech and some discussion around it. He figured he'd add his input in.

"Whether someone signs the crew rules or not, it doesn't mean anything. They're still expected to abide upon the rules when you join the crew. Therefore, you have nothing to lose by signing them. You can still just as easily be killed or punished for breaking them. 

If your CL wants you to sign the rule contract, there's absolutely no reason not to. It takes no effort at all and doesn't harm you in anyway.

Much like Tommo said, it's a show of formality to show your loyalty to the crew. How you can expect your CL or anyone in the crew to trust you if you wont even officially agree to follow the rules they've set up?" 

Report Post Tip

Whether someone signs the crew rules or not, it doesn't mean anything. They're still expected to abide upon the rules when you join the crew. 

Mr. Chavez, I couldn’t agree with you more.  One hundred percent correct.

Therefore, you have nothing to lose by signing them.

Mr. Chavez, I couldn’t agree with you less. One hundred percent wrong.  

Thank you sir, you have a nice day. And if it’s a subject you would find interesting, read up and educate yourself on binding contracts. 

Report Post Tip

So where are the consequences for the leaders that do not actually do that? Or pick and choose who to do that for? 

There are instances throughout the history where leaders have allowed their members to die to appease other people. Should leaders expect that kind of loyalty when it is clearly not returned in some regards?

Melis There's a grim slice of our history where leaders have failed us, sure. We can't ignore that, and it teaches us to stay sharp, never trust blindly to the point of naivety.

But we can't walk into a new family already expecting betrayal. If we do, what’s left of trust? We choose this life and our crew because we believe in the strength of those standing next to us. Without that, what’s the point? We’re just alone and waiting for a bullet.

It's about starting off on the right foot, believing in the honor that should come with these roles. Yes, we sign the rules because that’s the foundation of our mutual commitment. But we also need to be vigilant, not naive. We watch for any signs, we stay sharp, and we make sure that everyone remembers loyalty is a two-way street.

I'm suggesting we stay faithful to our crew and bosses until they give us a reason not to. And if they let us down, then they should be held accountable.

But we can't walk into a new family already expecting betrayal. If we do, what’s left of trust? We choose this life and our crew because we believe in the strength of those standing next to us. Without that, what’s the point? We’re just alone and waiting for a bullet.

It's about starting off on the right foot, believing in the honor that should come with these roles. Yes, we sign the rules because that’s the foundation of our mutual commitment. But we also need to be vigilant, not naive. We watch for any signs, we stay sharp, and we make sure that everyone remembers loyalty is a two-way street.

This is pretty much the standard rhetoric from leadership in regards to encouraging their members to sign their name to a piece of paper and thus binding them to a CONTRACT. It’s laid on thick here, but it’s all the same leaderspeak. 

I should point out so that I’m not misunderstood, I don’t truly believe that leaders are trying to trick anyone into anything. I actually don’t believe that they give it any thought at all, as it is a common expectation. But that doesn’t mean you have to. I’m not encouraging rule breaking at all but if you value your own liberties then DO NOT SIGN. Or if you must just write “Under duress”. Anyone who reads it will recognize the handwriting of the person who wrote it, and problem solved. 

Report Post Tip

Todd sighs

"ChilleDeCastro, I'm well aware of how binding contracts work. But as we already established, you'll still face the consequences of breaking the rules whether you've signed it or not. So by signing the rules, absolutely nothing has changed. All you've done is shown that you are able to commit to following the rules by written and/or verbal word. If you aren't willing to agree to that, it looks quite suspicious on you.

And this is the mafia we're talking about. Betrayal, disloyalty, and greed are common. In the end, all contracts are irrelevant anyway." 

Report Post Tip

ChilleDeCastro, I'm well aware of how binding contracts work. 

In the end, all contracts are irrelevant anyway

You have a nice day, Mr. Chavez 

Report Post Tip

Does death happen for rules not signed?

Jesus is all Rufus has to say about this inredible not important issue for a guy that truly has no life like the most has.

Not signing rules is the same that you dont follow the uppers orders, clear as hell is warm it is important to show your loyal if the chief dont know you well.
Shut the fuck up, Rufus
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Wow wow wow, let's keep this civil.
Report Post Tip

Much like Tommo said, it's a show of formality to show your loyalty to the crew. How you can expect your CL or anyone in the crew to trust you if you wont even officially agree to follow the rules they've set up?

My father, Jorg, signed crew rules, and he was still murdered by his leader over trust issues. His full transparency, loyalty, crew engagements, monetary contributions, and the trust he gave them were all spat back in his face, along with a bullet to the head.

So yeah, this totally sounds like more rhetoric to pressure members into signing.

Report Post Tip

Just sign the fucking rules jeez.  I mean come on, it's baby stuff, I cant remember the last time I read a set of rules that was original in any way whatsoever.  It's not like you are agreeing to infect yourself with HIV, or go and commit genocide. (I apologise for my naivety if this is the sort of shit you agree to these days.)

Just make sure to set your loyalty to Insanely Unloyal, or whatever the fuck the lowest tier is.

Tupac strolls in the streets and hears this talk about not signing crew rules. It agitated people and suddenly Tupac felt the need to speak his mind to share his voice because, well he’s Tupac and Tupac never hesitates to speaking up loudly when possible. He took a puff of his blu….cigar and then began to speak up.

Homie, signin the crew rules ain’t just about me, it’s about crew, my family, and every single mutha fucka who rides with me. It’s a pact, a bond that says we’re in this together through thick and thin. When I sign those rules, I’m saying I’m committed and I’m loyal and I’m here to make a difference to my whole mutha fuckin crew. It’s about honor and respect and truthfully it’s just keeping it real. Authenticity! Cause it shows, I’m all in no matter the cost! Even if I have to give my life for this shit! It’s a promise to all my homies, my family and to myself. It’s a vow to keep pushin, keep creatin, keep speakin my truth. While you could have all these phony mutha fuckas out here livin for themselves stabbing each other in the back and shit, I’m out here ridin for my people, for my crew, for my city! It’s about honorin the past while building for the future. 

Tupac throws his hands up in a strange gesture that made the various men in suits raise eyebrows. His fingers made the shape of a w and then he started laughing like a homocidal maniac. Suddenly, he screamed out his crew name and hopped on a car driving off in the distance. 

Schemaposse! We outlaws!

LilPeep had not been one to step into the streets very much lately, he much preferred to stay inside.. smoke.. relax. But a soapbox nearby his headquarters had caught his ear and he was inclined to listen. Waiting until it was his turn, he stepped forward to address the crowd that had formed.

"I get what you are saying, as well as others here, but these fliers that people post in their headquarters are more so there for the newer blood in this life, most importantly the ones about what and what not to do with your gun but that is another discussion, if you had taken the time to read through them, they are mostly redundant in one small way that being they refer to things that the average mafioso in the life already knows and is accustomed to but the fresh ones are not so familiar, and this by turn is a way for leaders to hold their members accountable for doing things they should not, by then pointing out 'you signed the rules you should have known' .. anything else you are talking about has nothing to do with signing said rules, and by no means are you under any contract when you signed them, just acknowledged you can read and understand what is expected of you, just like what is expected of me and everyone else, how to behave in this life."

Taking a pause after his long winded comments, he continued on..

"Now you pointed out.. don't sign these said rules because they will come to bite you in the ass.. well, that's the very reason why they are there. If you can't read and can't act civilized with others then you are shot. Signed rules or not. I'm sorry you feel you are above everyone else here."

Feeling like he was comfortable with his piece, he turned and retreated back to the warmth of his headquarters.. it was time for a smoke.

Report Post Tip
Hello Mr. LilPeep thank you for sharing your input here with us. I am mostly agreeable with just about everything you said except for the part about me feeling I am better than anyone else. My purpose was not to boast that I do not bind myself to a contract under duress, but to encourage others to do the same. I make no claim to being better than anyone, nor above anyone in any regard. I am not trying to be a leader, only to lead by example.

And to reiterate, I do not encourage rule breaking. Quite the opposite actually. The only act of civil disobedience I am suggesting is to not sign. Nothing else, as far as this issue goes. Once again thank you.

I appreciate everyone except that one guy who doesn’t even know what the hell we are talking about for speaking their mind. I personally can’t think of anything to add to my side of the argument, and passersby’s have plenty of counter arguments to refer to as well. If what you are hearing from the opposing side of this argument sounds like it’s on the up-and-up to you, then you have all the information you need to make an educated decision. If you think you smell something, and that something smells like bullshit and potential exploitation and entrapment then by all means go ahead and sign them. It’s your right either way.

No need to even make a big spectacle of it like I have here today. Just quietly don’t sign them. If pressed, politely decline and make sure to mention the words “binding contract” in your response. If you are further pressed and have no other options, simply write “Under duress” in place of your legal name.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Signing Crew Rules
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL