Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 05:50:34
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Toggle Started by: CaptainBubbleBeard on Dec 17, '11 09:35
It would simply toggle the CA's off of the list, the ones that would still be online would still be active and whatnot, just hidden from the view of those who'd turn the Toggle Off.
Report Post Tip

so then it wont affect durdens at all then

Report Post Tip
Correct, though as I said I'm almost certain CA's don't factor into that anyway mate.
Report Post Tip

correct just your what you see in your locals.

Report Post Tip

I'm also happily supporting this idea, not only does it give a more accurate representation of the amount of players online but I also think that CAs shouldn't be counted as members and that this can be a bit misleading to newer players wanting to find out how active this game really is. (xxx Members online in the past few minutes:).

After all, if you're really looking for CAs it's usually not done in the 60s list but in the locals page. Or so I think at least.

Report Post Tip

Ras, what makes you "almost" certain that CAs don't impact the Durden spawn size? My understanding of the spawn size drawn by the MIA count is that its determined by the Online User count, now, CAs are counted in that figure.. so it stands to reason that the CAs do in fact count.

However, that doesn't or at least shouldn't detract from this idea, as the Online list itself isn't actually affected by the suggestion, so there are still the same amount people active/CAs active, we would be simply just toggling the CAs off our own view.. at least thats how I understood the suggestion.

So that being said, its a big ol' Yes from me.

Report Post Tip
Aye, but to my knowledge CAs aren't calculated as "users" since they're not real people lol.

Would love to see some admin clarification on this though, as well as input on whether this will be done or not. Especially since besides Mr. Bucket, this seems to be getting an overwhelmingly positive feedback.
Report Post Tip
[IzzyCreamcheese] Can we get a toggle in our options menu for Officers in locals/60 seconds list? I see no point in them being there other than to make it look like we've got more users than we do, and it makes it look like a clusterfuck in the locals.

[IzzyCreamcheese] they are used as a list of people to PP

[IzzyCreamcheese] a list of people who can catch witnesses

[IzzyCreamcheese] and they count towards durden spawns

Alright, so it seems I was mistaken on the whole Durden bit.

Nonetheless, with this proposed change, I'd like to once again point out that the CA's would still be active, just hidden from sight for those of us with the Toggle switched On. They'd still be in locals, still out catching WS's and available to PickPocket, and would still count toward the Durdens!

(Which are around far too often in my humble opinion, but that's neither here nor there.)
Report Post Tip

A toggle would be a good idea, I hate the fact that CA's are in the lost, perhaps have an option in General - Options for users to toggle.

A)Users

B)CA's

C)Users and CA's

Report Post Tip

A huge +1 for this +NPCs including Durdens as an Option to Toggle away 

Report Post Tip

This is already coded into the new GUI and will be usable on the first release version.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Squishy big <3

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Toggle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL