Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 03:55:23
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Kuklinski - Part of the Furniture? Started by: lamal on Dec 19, '11 17:09

There comes a time when men (and women, let’s not exclude the sisters, brothers) decide that innovation and experimentation are needed to refresh, redress, redact, reduce, clarify, distil, confirm and deny.  The innovation need not be something new – often, it has been said, that things should not be fixed if they are not broken.  With this in mind, it might be better to describe what I am about to discuss not as an innovation but as an experiment.  However, that would, at a stroke, in the opinion of this writer, not give this particular experiment the kudos that is due to it.  Therefore, it is only right and proper that from here on in the experiment is referred to as an innovative experiment.  By definition, all experimentation is innovative – except in cases where it is not.  But even that statement is problematic.  Millions of people experiment every year – in each case, their experiment is new to them – an innovation.  Even an innovation experiment – BUT a caveat is needed.  To conclude this point, this experiment IS innovative but is not original.  And the test conditions have changed.

Some time ago, in these Streets, an innovative experiment (see above) came about.  What is this innovative experiment you speak of you might be asking?  Well let me explain.  Some time ago, prominent heads got together and hatched a plan.  The plan took the form of an experiment – an innovative one –in the city of Las Vegas.  Much has been written about The Las Vegas Experiment; in fact, it made a famous man out of one particular historian and scholar.  I won’t write too much about it now except to say that it separated the wheat from the chaff, the good from the bad and threw up some suprises.  It is not for me to discuss the triumphs and failures that came about from the original Las Vegas experiment.  But I will reveal one thing...

The Kuklinski family line now acknowledge that some mistakes were made – even going so far as describing Richard_Kuklinski as “fucking clueless” when it came to running a family. 

But ask yourself one thing...

Does this world *want* a Kuklinski?

Does this world *need* a Kuklinski?

Report Post Tip

I'd like to address the latter portion of your speech.

Does this world *want* a Kuklinski?

Does this world *need* a Kuklinski?

[Insert appropriate title] lamal,

Who cares what the world thinks of you? What do you think of yourself? You should be your own biggest critic and while outside opinions have consequences for your health benefits and retirement packages - as long as your exhibit good judgement - You should be fine as long as the internal pressure is greater than the external pressure. You'll know you have a problem if the external is greater than the internal pressure.

Report Post Tip

original Las Vegas experiment

I assume you realise this section to be false? There were many before your ancestors time, there will be many after it.

Does this thing of ours need a Kuklinski? I dare say no. However, should said Kuklinski bloodline actually settle down and write articles of fact instead of fiction, I would expect such a person could indeed become the type of mafioso this world needs.

But then I am led to believe the Kuklinski bloodline only finds value in controversy and works on fiction that cause harm to others, so whether or not its feasible that this type of person can change and alter there ways and mold themselves into the type of person this world needs, is another matter altogether really.

Report Post Tip

Animal - OK, when was the original Las Vegas Experiment, in your opinion?

What is Kuklinski, in your opinion, Animal?

Africanus - what is the external pressure you speak of?

Report Post Tip

What is Kuklinski?

Nothing more than a simple name. It would be hard to determine when the Original Experiment of its kind was, nevermind the first one based in Las Vegas. There have been many over the years according to City Hall records and my ancestors diaries. Sure, prior to the current one I do believe the previous most notable one was the one which Kuklinski became head of Vegas in, though its often said he only got there due to the help from others - I won't debate that point though, as regardless how he did it, he did it.

Report Post Tip

I am a historian and a man of some authority.

I can confirm that the LV Experiment, in which Richard_Kuklinski became Boss of Bosses of Vegas, was the first, therefore the original, Las Vegas experiement.

Report Post Tip

Wow, for once... I actually agree with something your line's babbled. Indeed, this is not the first time these streets have seen something like this done in Vegas. My line was actually a large part of the last "Vegas experiment", as was yours, so this is doubly confirmed. Reading through journals of those times, it's clear to anyone that far too much has changed in this place for these two to even be compared, though.

Report Post Tip

Many thing happened for the first time around about then.  I believe that the first war was won by a family whose leader was asleep in bed.  I believe that it was the first era in history to be captured in journals of academic standard.

Report Post Tip

Oh I don't know about that, it all depends on which of the CL's being taken down you considered the first "war" during that time. I do remember my great(greatgreatgreat x a lot) Grandpa was warred during his sleep, he woke up to an attempt on his life by the clearly strongest of CLs in Vegas then, to which he promptly laughed, shot back, missed, and got wtfpwnd by said CLs RHM. Good times, good times.

Report Post Tip

RK was held in such high regard, according to his awesome journals, that he asked NY to take care of the problem for him.

Report Post Tip

Sadly if I remember correctly, he met his untimely death. Something my line knew nothing, knows nothing, and had nothing to do with!
Sketchy eyes

Report Post Tip

The Las Vegas experiment was quite literally a joke...it was something people laughed at...Kuklinski was the boss of all the clowns, he was the biggest clown...congratulations, what an acheivement.

As for the second part of the question...no we do not need him, his presence has become tedious...he is now an overplayed joke. Tiresome.

Report Post Tip

Arawn, and you are??

Report Post Tip

I remember a 'Las Vegas' experiment taking place in the time of Anita. Unfortunately, my journals are not complete and the only name I recall taking part was 'Matrix', perhaps someone else with a better memory could fill in more of the blanks?

Either way, this absolutely predates what is referred to as 'the "original" Vegas experiment'.

Report Post Tip

Las Vegas has had many expirments, Richard you should remember on of those attmpts when LVOC ruled Vegas(although it wasn't for long).

Report Post Tip

Sorry forgot to add that it was before you took over LV, If i remember right you where even a part of LVOC.

Report Post Tip

Something was innovative. Aside from that, I'm not sure what you're warbling about.

Talking of warbling, I miss Gwarble.

He was innovative. For want of a better word of course.

Chases butterflies.

Report Post Tip

Apathy glances the person ranting something about being experimental and the people frantically rummaging through ancient journals, which seem ready to poof into a pile of dust so as to one-up other history buffs

Great, I've heard 'innovative' and 'experiment' so many times in a row that it's lost all meaning to me now.

As his palm meets face, he wanders away mumbling 'innovative experiment, experiment innovative' repeatedly to himself.

Report Post Tip

Apathy glances the person ranting something about being experimental and the people frantically rummaging through ancient journals, which seem ready to poof into a pile of dust so as to one-up other history buffs

Great, I've heard 'innovative' and 'experiment' so many times in a row that it's lost all meaning to me now.

As his palm meets face, he wanders away mumbling 'innovative experiment, experiment innovative' repeatedly to himself.

Report Post Tip

Bad echo in this area apparently.. This calls for another facepalm!

He facepalms again and walks away (for real this time) in a more careful, less echo-inducing manner...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Kuklinski - Part of the Furniture?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL