Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 00:53:36
Page:  1 
A Day in the Life of an Incog Started by: FreshPrince on May 30, '08 07:52
OOC - The story that is about to be told is based on True events A big Thank You to Curly and AlfonsiTimello for support, help and suggestions you boys a fab

FreshPrince is walking along minding his own business rapping and beatboxing and stumbles on a notebook on the floor he opens it to the last written page

So I, RobinBanks wakes up and first off it's a good start to my day as I am alive, I reach below my pillow and pull out my revolver and slowly pull the curtain back to see if there are any re-occurring cars outside my house. There is not, that's some weight off my mind.

I get myself dressed and start to rummage through my mail. I see familiar hand writing, my heart started to race as soon as I saw his name it was my boss I take a deep breath and tear it open and instantly relieved as it was addressed to everyone something about crew donations, great I had been donating a lot so no problem there. I grab some toast and head out the door to work with the rest of my mails under my arm.

I have been in this family for roughly 3 weeks and things had gotten off to a good start I am earning well and keeping my head low but I am living a double life. On one hand I am talking to the boss and a few members saying I do not know what I am doing being new immigrant but secretly knocking over liquor stores, selling drugs on every corner making my money like my fathers have done before. In the beginning this was no problem all they were to me was a name but now as the weeks have past they are becoming friends, this is dangerous for me to succeed as a new immigrant.

The strange thing is, with this charade I am playing I see good friends of my father who know my bloodline walking down the street not recognising me, just a smile and a nod then on their way. It is hard to walk past them in the street and not say "Hey hows tricks?" or "I hear you were promoted? Congrats you worked hard for that" I had to ditch my old friends if I wanted to succeed. When one door closes another one opens.

I am in a family that are supposedly notorious killers against certain bloodlines my father and grandfathers were included on this list and had died a couple times prematurely. So with this and also stories that have been past down to me my by my fathers suspicions I began a hatred for an enemy I didn't even know. Keep your friends close your enemies even closer is the saying isn't it? So here I am sleeping with the enemy or I should put it my so called enemy, for the last 3 weeks I can't honestly see where my father's hatred had come from. I believe he was unsure on who was right and who was wrong being influenced by the public cries for certain Crew Leaders heads how can you hate someone without hearing their side of the story? His hatred was formed not by his own conclusions but was influenced by circles he swung with.

Back to the present, days are flying by I am living by fathers gun and skills and soon I am racking up the kills and earning some serious cash. The line of incognito and being myself are slowly starting to be rubbed out, I am letting my guard down letting mistakes happen. These mistakes are not shooting the wrong people or insulting people but actually finding friendship and starting to like the people my father supposedly hated.

I am growing ever paranoid of the boss is not replying to mails and I am starting to think he is ignoring me. The hitsquad leader, I am in constant talk with, I believe he is starting to put one and one together. You do not rack up this amount of kills if you have never held or shot before my excuse was beginners luck. I am slowly predicting this day may be the last day I shall live.

I think about that last sentence, death, do I fear this? Or will this be a weight off my shoulders? I contemplate coming clean to the boss at the end of the day he has shown me nothing but loyalty and respect. He has asked me if I am new to these shores and I have lied to his face not just him but many members of the family this had hurt the most.

I have to go for a drink now, I do not want to leave the house but I literally have no food in the house and need something to help me sleep tonight.....

The FreshPrince is sitting on a bench in a park at this point listening to the birds sing amongst themselves. He remember seeing the obit section of the paper that week and RobinBanks sure enough as he predicted was in there, his boss must of found out.

He starts to question this world he has gotten himself into; there are many negatives that resulted from RobinBanks going incognito those that mainly hurt him rather than others. As he said as one door closes another one opens, the one that forced him to talk to the enemy and actually figure out that there was a lot of smoke and mirrors to all this hatred that was passed down to him.

FreshPrince gets up with a smile on his face and speaks his mind out loud to no one in particular

"I wonder if RobinBanks needed to go through all that hassle of paranoia, deceit and lies just to make it in a family? Of which from the outset His boss gave him the chance to come clean and make a fresh start."

He puts the diary open on a table by a coffee shop hoping someone else will read it and learn that if you sit down and talk with some people you may actually find out there is no hatred but a lot of common ground.

With that the FreshPrince carries on his beatboxing and practicing his dance moves down the street while selling crack at the same time....what skills this boy has he is just too FRESH
Report Post Tip
RobinBanks ain't no moneyrustler76 or a rubbish eating fox.

But a good account nonetheless.
Report Post Tip
"RobinBanks ain't no moneyrustler76 or a rubbish eating fox."

May i ask what you mean? i am lost lol

But thank you for the compliment \o/
Report Post Tip
A good read, sums up the perks and downturns of being incognito. But I might add that your father should probably have taken the time out to talk to the "enemy" and find out just what they're like. That's a lesson that my bloodline learned recently and it paid dividends.

I hope you learned from your father's mistake.
Report Post Tip
Hagibed that is exactly the point, we derive a picture and a personality of someone we don't even know and assume we do not like them without any evidence or without speaking to them.

And yes many ways it was a wasted life but one that I have learnt some valuable lessons from.

Glad you enjoyed the read
Report Post Tip
A very good speech, if I might say so myself.

A lesson which I feel we could all learn from, and very eloquently put.

It makes me wonder what could have been different if maybe people had just talked, and tried to get along.

Ixyuri pulls out a blue carton of cigarettes, lights one with a sliver and gold lighter, and walks away, puffing happily on his cigarette
Report Post Tip
On one of his rare occasion going into the coffee shop Curly picks up and reads most of the diary

I think I will keep this for myself, To many mentions of my good name in here. I don't want anyone reading the time Robin and Curly went to Reno for business and instead got it on with six female circus clowns had their wallets stolen and faces made up like clowns and tied together in just their boxers and left for the cleaning staff. I guess we all have things to learn.

No need for that kind of embarrassment. It is a good read though
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Day in the Life of an Incog
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL