Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 22:43:33
Page:  1 
Pick Pocket Payback Pointless? Started by: Wacktard on Dec 21, '11 19:00

I'm interested to see how people in our little community feel about pick pocketing and pick pocket payback.

I myself at first thought PPP was a good idea as I've never been fond of being PP'd, yet how many times have I used it? Not once. The problem here is that PPing still has too high a chance of stealth which was supposedly lowered during the testing of the PPP feature yet every single time I have been PP'd since I have been stealthed, I've asked for the witness statement from people I have been able to see in locals but no such luck.

Dec 21, '11 18:36 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.
Dec 20, '11 13:16 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.
Dec 19, '11 23:16 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.
Dec 13, '11 17:43 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.
Dec 11, '11 01:12 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.
Nov 25, '11 07:06 An unidentified assailant tried to PICKPOCKET you
Nov 24, '11 13:17 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.
Nov 12, '11 04:01 An unidentified assailant took $5,000 from you.

So a 100% stealth success rate (the earliest 3 where before PPP).

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way or been stealthed every PP. Perhaps there should be a lower chance to stealth depending on the amount of bodyguards you have as surely they should see it, or maybe if you have an FBN agent in your pocket he receive a partially stealthed witness statement.

Report Post Tip

So because you've been stealthed, the whole concept is pointless? Good to know.

Report Post Tip

Put your money in the bank?

Report Post Tip

Really, it depends on your test answers when you made your character, you probably don't have that high on info, which is stealth's opposite. Someone that is pure stealth pp'ing a person with no info answers will most likely result in what's happening.

Report Post Tip

I have the same issue Wacktard. I'm stealthed more often then not. However the payback thing has caused some issues. I've been shot at because I did see someone and mugged them. Now from my point of view, its stated clearly I dont want your hands in my pockets so if you take the risk and I happen to see you well suck it up buttercup.

I do wish that more people didnt stealth it so much because it is annoying. I think if people are going to pickpocket those not friendly to it they should be able to see it and mug them back more often. I dont care what anyone says it is an attack of sorts.

Report Post Tip

Dankrant I don't believe that your starting answers have anything to do with PP stealth as it is with wacking. I have used pure info answers on most of my biggest accounts yet was always stealthed & evebn stealthed by people on wack answers that have very low stealth.

I agree with Apollymi there, if someone PP's you and you PPP them it is their own fault especially if you are not PP friendly. There are more than enough FBN running around to PP if you simply want to train the skill or complete the achievements.

Report Post Tip

Stealth is stealth for wacking/pickpocketing, etc...

Your start up answers do factor into it.

Report Post Tip

You caught up with xxx, beat him within an inch of his life, and took $2,994,077

Looks like it still works :P

Report Post Tip

The concept is awesome I think.  The implementation is not so much.  I have been stealthed for every attempt on this character. 

Report Post Tip

Well considering start answer do factor into it then it goes to show that the stealth for pick pocketing is far to high as I have already stated I've been stealthed on every attempt on info characters.

Report Post Tip

Wacktard, just because someone has high stealth for PickPocketing, who are you to determine its too high? Quite likely thanks to this stat being high, the rest of their stats are shit. So because you don't like being pickpocketed you feel the people who do choose that route should have their abilities lowered?

Pretty selfish imo. And no, im not pickpocketing people nor do I have any form of stealth, but past characters have been pretty big PPers and so I feel I should stick up for the concept.

Report Post Tip

I'm not talking about those on stealth answers but the stealth of pick pocketting in general as I have said I have had accounts on the highest info answers stealthed by people on wack answers that have very low stealth & I myself while on info answers which have even less stealth than wack I have stealthed people.

The whole point of PPP was to make people think twice about PPing those who do not wish to be PP'd but it doesn't work as PP stealth is clearly too high.

Report Post Tip

My take on things is simple; The potential punishment to the person being mugged back is massive. Potentialy losing millions, 3 hour flight timer, 3 hour wack timer. Anyonme who has ever been mugged back just before a Tyler spawn knows how sucky it is. Therefore, it should be something that happens rarely. It is happened to myself a couple of times a month, and I have mugged someone back a couple of times a month. Imo, this makes it about right, taking into account how sevre the consequences are for the person being mugged back.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Pick Pocket Payback Pointless?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL