Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 22:52:00
Page:  1 
Through the Knights eyes - The Tribune Started by: Templar on May 31, '08 19:05
Hello adoring masses.

Recently, like always, I have walked the streets and enjoyed many a tasty beverage in the coffeshops, and a great deal of the speeches I've heard and the conversations I've overheard have made me feel somewhat uneasy; and when I say somewhat uneasy I actually mean completely dumbfounded at the stupidity of some people who don't even deserve to be called a Mobster.

As I sat and pondered what I would do in the situation we have here; I realised I could hit two birds with one stone. In debasing the minority of naysayers who are barking up the wrong tree entirely, I would also provide Grumpy and all the other Sprozzmond enthusiasts with a rousing speech. It's a win win situation I'm sure you'll agree.

Now, the thing that's annoyed me in the past few days is the Tribune. Where is it? I can't see it. Can you? No. You can't. I wonder why that is, is it perhaps because Mary Livermore lacks the drive to consistently put out an issue? I rather think it isn't, I've known her for quite a while and one thing she isn't is lazy.

So if it's not the Editor's fault, then the writers must be to blame. Logically, we can now look at the mitigating factors in play. Why aren't the writers writing? It could be a lack of news to report, but in the past few days we've had the clinical takedown of one family, the unfortunate death of a leader and a subsequent auth of a new leader, Las Vegas has been declared an open city to all Made Men +, and the leader who's made Don has seen the deaths of three of his high rankers, one a suicide. Surely most anyone in the community could find something to write about in all of that.

So if it's not a lack of news or the Editor that is preventing the Tribune from reaching our streets, then perhaps a lack of funds is the cause behind this. Well, CommodumPerfectus offered a $1 million reward to the best entrant in his competition and received a staggering 12 replies. Numbers4Glory has offered 2.5 times this amount to the Tribune to help pay the writers and so far it seems to have spurned little to no activity.

Therefore, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the only explanation can be that the vast majority are either too lazy or do not care about the community enough to make an effort. Don't get me wrong, I realise a small percentage of us are too busy with other activities but generally speaking, this is not an excuse. An interesting point to be made here is that for months now, some people (and I really don't need to name names) have been overly critical of the CP regime for the reason that they don't care enough about the community. I am willing to bet that none of these naysayers have provided anything productive in reinstating what was once a pillar of the community, which is quite the irony I feel.

So, basically, if you care so much about the community as many of you profess to do in the coffeeshops; go out and prove it, give something back, contribute to La Cosa Nostra instead of shouting tirade after bitter tirade over what it has become.
Report Post Tip
Well, being too young to drink coffee, I don't really know what all that part of your speech was about. But I agree we need a newspaper, after all - no newspaper means young ones like me won't learn history properly (and I like lots of old ones on the bottom of my cage). So, what to do? Who does an aspiring young writer speak to about this?
Report Post Tip
The Newspaper Editor would be a good start. She likes to hide but drop her a mail, I'm sure she'll respond in time.

I'm pretty disappointed in the whole experience to be honest. I have had many people express their desire to produce an article for the Tribune, but when it has actually come down to putting pen to paper, well many of these people have been difficult to locate.

I know of 3 articles that have been produced to date excluding what I've written myself. Perhaps some people sent them directly to the editor, which is a legitimate hope of mine, but I'll stick to the 3 I know of for now. That is a pretty terrible response if I'm completely honest with you. I was under the impression that the majority of people actually did want this paper from the lynching of RileyFreeman when he was editor to the outcry that followed.

I'm going to leave the offer on the table for now, in the hope that we've just been slow starters on this. I mean for god sakes 47 is taking potshots at us. When you take an insult from that Consi-...(He still hasn't got that yet?)..Boss and don't feel obligated to respond, it is a clear enough indication that I'm wasting my time.
Report Post Tip
Someone is shooting at you? Oh my.... I'll get Maria to sew a bunch of my feathers into a bullet proof vest for you. Golly, this is even worse then listening to Oscar around here
Report Post Tip
For quite some time I have sat in my office receiving calls offering assistance in the writing department. As Numbers says, there's lots of interest but not a lot of production. He is correct when he says we've had three stories submitted. However, I have had around 10 offers of help. I don't know who or how many he has had offer to help but it would be great if some of those people offering could actually live up to their word.

I am sitting here waiting, just as I have been for a couple months now. I cannot write the entire paper myself after all, it's a community paper not my diary. It would be fantastic if a few people could get together and write for our community with as much effort as they put into climbing the perpetual ranking tree.

When Riley failed to produce people cried for a real paper.. I thought great! People want a paper again.. Since the last edition I put out I have received 8 stories at most including the three since Numbers stepped up to help.

Money doesn't seem to work. So what will it take? I am an editor, I lurk in the shadows unseen I know, but I do see things that happen in our world too. Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I am not around.

Templar, you rock. Just thought you should know that.. And Numbers, you aren't so bad after all. Thank you for your help.

Now? Is there ANYONE that wants to write out there?
Report Post Tip
I do!! Wait, I already do. I totally dominate the media. And by controlling the flow of information, I control the world!!! Mwuahahahaha!!!!!
Report Post Tip
There's something about being bald and megalomania...
Report Post Tip
Mary can I have a sweater?

Can you knit me one?

Thanks...

*giggles*
Report Post Tip
Well, in reading just some of the streets, I've seen 3 veiled threats towards people for speaking their opinion Perhaps, Mary - this is where the trouble lies No old fashioned reporters who say damn the consequences, the truth shall be heard in an unbiased manner no matter who dislikes it. Perhaps it's not so much that people are too lazy and just want to rank as they don't want to die for their thoughts. But what do I know - I'm just a big yellow bird - anyone want a feather?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Through the Knights eyes - The Tribune
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL