Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:05
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A year in review Started by: Africanus on Dec 26, '11 22:53

Africanus strolled into the Empire Workmen’s Club; he approached his favorite chair and anxiously sank into its black leather. He lifted his legs and feet onto the matching ottoman and slide off his loafers. He sighed as he reclined back. It was a busy holiday season. Santa had made a lot of arrangements for his subversive elves. How could those pointy eared bastards strike at such a critical time of the year?  They certainly paid of course, but he tired from the hours of murder or mayhem. He reached over towards the adjacent end table and grabbed a bottle of spirits. “Heh” he thought. “Too tired to drink.” He placed it back on the endtable and began to softly speak, those nearby turned and listened.

"Nearly another three hundred sixty days have come and gone. We sit on the threshold of another year, but before we march forward with time – perhaps we should reflect on some the events that have transpired as this year elapsed. This year hasn't been without its lost nor gain. For each triumph there is a funeral, for each birth there is a death. We've seen the rise and fall of godfathers, godmothers, scores of gangster unremembered by history and whatever fits in between. I wonder what has been the most significant and memorable event of this year. When folks look back at our lives and this year in particular – what will come to mind? I think of my own experiences and the friends I've made. I try to reflect on those I have lost and hope to live in a manner that will honor to their memory.

I don’t think anyone can ignore the death of Roman and the sequential rise of the godfather council we have today. In the wake of his death, many people were anxious of the knowledge of what would become of our thing.

Enough about me! What about you? What made or maimed this year for you or your family?"

He reached again for his drink and sated his cotton mouth and thirst, anxiously awaiting people's thoughts.

Report Post Tip

Grin

Report Post Tip

Africanus slips his loafers back on and stands up. He proceeds to pour his beverage on the floor.

"Fallen brother."

Report Post Tip

Tony sat back and shook his head as he also reflected on the many people that pass on. He takes a puff from his cigar and exhales slowly. As he recalls the funerals that he has attended most importantly his sister's Catty and Sugar and her husband Bane. Still sitting he raises his glass as to toast to the countless thousands that have passed on in the last 358 days. But no words exit his mouth as he continues to think on to the days where they would gather and all joke around. Reality settles in as he knows this is the way of life in this industry that they choose to live. So he goes back to slowly drinking his Jack and coke.

Report Post Tip

Awakes at the lovely juices surrounding the triangular outline of his body

Ok man, in all seriousness, the Roman/Premier strike was an epic event on both sides of the scale and one which will truly be remembered for years, certainly a time in history not to be forgotten.

OBVIOUSLY there are more things, but as that is in recent memory, it stick out the most.

Report Post Tip

The return of the most interesting man in the world

Report Post Tip

Couple decades ahead of schedule, at least that's what the fortune teller told me.

Report Post Tip

For me personally, I went through a lot changes in the last year. I learned a lot from the experiences my bloodline went through, the friends that have been made, the bonds that were formed. I don't even know what could happen next year to top what has happened in this year.

Report Post Tip

Seeing those you love fall. Growing up with people who as you rose they were right there next to you, people who were your brothers and your sisters. Yet having to see each one of them fall until you are the last one left.

Report Post Tip

Well one that sticks out to me that was pretty amussuing was DeadlySin giving a good ol' texas shoot out and living against the insane odds

Report Post Tip

A year of fun, death and godfathers that is what you can describe this as.

For me the year will always be remembered as the one in which the head of the most powerful city our world has ever seen retired to live in Florida.

Rumour has it TheDean still lives in Miami fishing most days and cracking the heads together of the local criminals when they get out of line.

Report Post Tip

The loss of TheDean and Underdog will always hold more of a rememberance for me.

There are many things though that still stand out to me. AlabamaWorley being the one that gave me the chance before and after my blacklisting was over. The fall of Roman and Prem was something to celebrate for someone like myself.

This last year was quite adventure filled, stressful and a learning experience.

Apollymi pours a bit of her drink out for TheDean, Underdog and Alabama.

Report Post Tip

painful year indeed,

lost families, grand father, father, brothers, mentors.... dearest and dearest!

Met genuine hard worker and respected mostly names... The Dean, ____- err crew and members, the blah crew, -premeir, charlie crocker, and all the great capos within. special memories for katie murdock, severe, maeve, katana and many others you know who you are!  RIp, and for others good luck in real life.

Take care, respect,

BSL.

Report Post Tip

I forgot to mention the G_man line. Taught me quite a lot in the time my bloodline has known him. I can honestly say without him at times I may have lost myself back into repeat history. Always a great backbone and friend. As is Snip and Adrian bloodlines and many others.

If it werent for the great friends I have, the disappointments would have been much harder to take.

Each person Ive had the pleasure of being great friends with has taught me something (sometimes the hard way) and for that I appreciate the year thats just about to end. I just hope the next year is just as fulfilling without the bad. 

Report Post Tip

This was the year of the underground...

Terrorist Treaty, Plumbers, Unknown Assailants - the list goes on.

Report Post Tip

What about the Detriot Massacre... With InspectorGadget, Emerald, and FOX.

Report Post Tip

You forgot Myrddin from that Detroit Massacre.. I think as Underboss then he should be acknowledged.

Report Post Tip

The year the impossible was achieved. The year the unkillable was killed. The fall of an Empire. It's been a bloody year.

Report Post Tip

I was not here for a large part of the year but in mentioning names and events, Two names spring straight to mind Lovegun and CMPunk Starting out in this thing of ours after along time gone i was realativly new back here and as a 1st time LHM to Cadoras, Lovegun and CMPunk where allways there to help guide me When they retired from this thing of ours it was a given that i would stand by my CL to help end Premiers reign.

Stan has a long swig of whiskey then pours the remainder over the sidewalk as he remembers the fallen in that war 

Report Post Tip

It would be amazing if someone documented each of this events and kept them stored somewhere that all people could read about the history of this world. I'm sure it would be alot of work and I dont doubt that its been considered or spoke of before, but a historys would be a nice read to pass the time. Well atleast I think it would be.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A year in review
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL