Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 16:52:27
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
OOC: Experience bug from HQ posts. Started by: Squishy on Jan 04, '12 00:59

There was a bug that gave incorrect experience from certain posts made certain ways in certain places. This is being corrected now and we will be retroactively fixing the experience given. This will not affect most people by any noticeable difference except for those that abused it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Izzy

Report Post Tip

It's sad when a bug is found and abused, luckily some people are responsible enough to report problems when found instead of abusing them.

Report Post Tip

That is so true Red am glad that people find these and report them straight away thumbs up to them

Report Post Tip

/I dont really get what was the bug really?

Report Post Tip

I see now  :)

Report Post Tip

ahem.

This just happened to me.

Personally, I find being accused of exploiting a bug rather harsh, as I never have.

Note to admins, please word your comments better.  Claiming that users have abused bugs in the code instead of assuming that it can happen from regular usage of the code is hardly user friendly... so say the least.

Report Post Tip

I don't speak up much in this world, so to be accused of abusing a bug is a little insulting. I don't think one or two posts at most on my part in HQ will constitute as taking advantage of a bug. I completely agree with TimThomas with his issue with the wording used here.

At the end of the day, fair is fair so I completely accept the hit to my reputation because of the undue experience, and I'm glad it's being fixed.

Report Post Tip

"This will not affect most people by any noticeable difference except for those that abused it."

Where in the hell does that = out to be "everyone who's posted in the HQ is abusing this system"? Clearly it states only those who abused this glitch (ie; repeatedly spamming the HQ for the XP,) will be effected. Quit complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Report Post Tip

You're right Red it doesn't say that specifically, but I'm guessing those of us that lost a unit are assuming this is a noticeable difference and therefore feel we are being called bug abusers. Even though we had no idea of it's existence.

Report Post Tip

"This will not affect most people by any noticeable difference except for those that abused it."

A normal user may lose a unit or two by experience given by HQ posts where there should not have been experience given. Those that are above a noticeable difference were the ones that lost 70-80% of their experience due to abusing the bug. (When you have 60 units and you are 3 days old, and see your prowess go up 11% every time you make a HQ post of a certain style that it was counting towards XP, its hard not to believe someone thought it was not a bug)

Losing a few units versus losing 50 units from the 60 you gained in 3 days, to me at least, was the difference between normal use and taking advantage of a bug.

Report Post Tip

Where in the hell does that = out to be "everyone who's posted in the HQ is abusing this system"? Clearly it states only those who abused this glitch (ie; repeatedly spamming the HQ for the XP,) will be effected. Quit complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Mr -RedForman- ,

You need to pay more attention to reading what was written, instead of rushing to regurgetate "quitcherbitchin".

• *I* was affected by the XP fix.
  • You can only "Abuse a bug" if you are aware of it.
  • *I* did not abuse anything, nor did I spam the HQ.  Many crews have roleplaying threads in their HQ.  Its is very possible that the admin fix did not take that in to consideration.

Given those simple facts, Both Cass and I resent the implication that is inferred that we abused a known bug to gain XP.

Report Post Tip

Squishy,

Thank you for the clarification.  I work hard to play by the rules.  I would have hated to be lumped together with those who abuse the,

Report Post Tip

TimThomas, Have no fear, we know you do not abuse the,

I have also chose to keep those affected by the, in private. You lose units from the, but your rank stays the same. No one was demoted from the, and even the select few who I do believe were abusing it intentionally (simply by the amount gained in the time short time period), I am not confident enough to admin kill from the,

So at the end of the day everyone keeps their rank, everyone loses the XP gained from a bug that gave XP where it shouldn't, and no one is being singled out by the,

The,

Izzy

Report Post Tip

(Why am I having so much fun with the,?)

Report Post Tip

Dear Izzaleh.

I know that you know that I do not abuse the  '.

I just want to make sure that not only you (assuming the royal we) knows that I do not abuse the  '.

I want to make sure that I know it, you know it, the american people know it, EVERYONE knows it.

It being that I do not abuse the  '.

That being said, there is no point to keep on spaming in this thread b/c of the recent admin fix (due to the  ') or perhaps its more accurate to say, due to the recent fix to the  '.

Report Post Tip

I would like to be contacted about this - have messaged help desks to answer. Seem to of lost a disproportionate amount of units in comparison to the posts I have made...

Report Post Tip

Not real sure what I did in my one single post in our HQ to lose a unit but ah, I'll just keep on keepin on.

Report Post Tip

Since the answer to peoples questions is very situation based, please contact Squishy or IzzyCreamcheese on IRC for questions about this particular issue and its fix. All other game related questions should go through HelpDesk.

Thank you.

Report Post Tip

I presume that due to this buy, we now don't receive anything for HQ posts? I've noticed they aren't included in the Post Count anymore.

Report Post Tip

Such a shame.

Many of our newer members feel it's difficult to speak on our streets or place orders with our businesses, HQ was a great place to train and receive small amounys of experience.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: OOC: Experience bug from HQ posts.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL