Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:40:43
Page:  1 
Never Forgotten Started by: Slab on Jan 04, '12 10:16

Slab walks slowly down the sidewalk. Hand outstretched, his fingers slide over of the rough brickwork as he strides forwards. Anyone watching him might think he was blind, eyes closed, brow furrowed in concentration. He stops, and smiles. His fingers caress the deep indentation that he has located. His eyes open and he turns to face the small group of heavyset men that follow him at a respectful distance. A swift nod brings forward a single man, carrying a small bouquet of flowers - simple meadow blooms. Slab takes them and kneels, laying the floral tribute upon the ground. He rises, and stares hard at the small group that have paused to watch.

"Here! Here is where my father died. I've heard stories of his demise. I've wept for a man I never knew. I followed him into a life I didn't fully understand, but I will uphold his legacy. You may think that I should leave memories in the past. That I should grieve in private. I challenge any one of you to tell me your stories. I put it to you that we can all learn from these tales. To make tribute in public to those you've lost is no crime, not that we should be dissuaded from crime, if it is to the end of profit."

Slab spits defiantly and raises his eyes briefly to the sky.

"I found myself on the doorstep of Don Raptor, cold and unsure of who I should be. I knew my father's profession, I knew his quiet reputation. All I could find in my heart was the desire to be better. Already, I feel that I am. Do you? Have you got to where you want? Have you not only earned the respect of your Crew Leader, Godfather and comrades? Have you earned the respect of those that fell so you could be here?"

Slab removes a cigarette from his coat pocket, lights it and eyes the crowd

"Tell me why you're here, tell me what you want from this thing of ours. Most of all, tell me who you're here for. Thrive in your legacies."

Leaning back against the cold wall, Slab looks down at his flowers and smiles to himself. He touches his finger to his hat brim and looks towards the crowd expectantly.

Report Post Tip

Animal steps forward, slowly nodding in appreciation of Slab's words

You are right, Slab, one should never hide from their past. Their parents are to thank/blame for who they are today and we should all embrace that. It doesn't mean you will be like them, or even follow the same path as them, but you should at very least have learned from them.

I too have come to terms with the loss of my mother. Her passing was a big blow for me, but like yourself I have come to terms with the loss and picked myself up and moved on. I would like to think i've started to make something of myself, something she would be proud of, but its a long road and I've barely started.

I embarked on a new life in Vegas, intent on helping an Old friend bring peace to the region, sadly he too met his maker and was taken from this world much too early. I have pushed forward now staying on that same path, searching for peace in a City that knows little of the word. So this is me, this is my goal, I know the road won't be easy, but I've never taken the easy path in life before so why start now.

Report Post Tip

Africanus had overheard the conversation and joined both Animal and Slab at the ominous site. He began to speak.

I've been here a long while, but I guess I'll start from the top. I lived out my early years, that of innocent life in the warmth of the Mediterranean. A courier from America brought news of a distant cousin's death. A rich cousin. I came from aboard to tend to my cousin Salvatore's last rites. I never met the man, but I was given full access to his journals and his extensive libraries. I met some of his remaining friends and retinue at his funeral and decided to remain on these shores and dabble in his work. His friends became my friends and I was recruited by a fellow roman, of the name Gaius. His organization was called the Walking Dead - but it was anything from dead. It was a close knitch and lively group and I truly enjoyed working with them. Eventually, I was induced within higher echelon's of our thing and became a mademan.

I often reflect on the journals of Salvatore, he's words of respect to TonyCorelli, and of my own personal experiences working for Gaius and after his death JimmyNapoli. Why's and who'fers at least for me are a seasonal thing. Today, my existence is justified for a couple reasons; I'd like to see our thing continue to grow and flourish and put the tales I've read of the past to shame.

Report Post Tip

Slab nods at Africanus

"It's good to know that I'm not the only one around here that hails from another shore. My father came here from England to work with the legendary Don Spuffwaffle. Somewhere I have his diaries, which I should probably share at some juncture. Afterall, what better experience than learning from a man that worked with such a legend?"

Slab sighs

"It's a shame that the despot Roman killed Spuffwaffle when he was in a coma. A cowardly move, made to send a message to my father, I guess. Traitor or liberator? Time will tell."

Report Post Tip

Clarity waved to her two dear friends as she made her way forward. She had enough time to allow her driver to stop here for a bit to hear what Slab had to say. She then nodded to her driver to tell him that she was going to talk a bit, and so he turned off the engine as he waited for her.

"As many may know already, due to my stories being told out here in the streets. I am here because of my mother. I knew her very well as I grew up under her wing. She taught me many lessons and opened many doors for me. Without her I would not be where I am today. So I owe her much of my gratitude."

"I've been around for a little while and so far so good! I truly believe that my Godfather, JesseJames, knows I am working hard to exceed the expectations laid out for me. For me, it is a bit different seeing as how I am my own Crew Leader. So to me it is about how my family views me."

"I check on them very often to make sure they are content, and I won't speak for them, but I do try my hardest to earn their respect. I may be a Don and a Crew Leader, and automatically have some respect gave to me, but to truly have them enjoy working for me takes much more than that. I do my best to give back to them as much as they give to me. For me, being a leader is not about myself, granted I get to look all pretty in Bold and have tons of bodyguards! Yet, it is about allowing for my members to flourish and become something they have always wanted a chance to be."

"Due to this, I feel that my family respects me. I believe this also gives me respect from my own Godfather for how I am not a leader for selfish reasons, but instead to care about my family and my city."

Pausing, Clarity then thought over if she was where she wanted to be in her life.

"I don't think I'm done just yet. There is always room to grow in any aspect of this world. My member's teach me new things quite often and I learn from them as much as they learn from me. I still have goals to reach and many of them are to grant my own family their wishes and dreams. Like I said, this life is just as much about them as it is me."

"Yet, even so, I don't give handouts. My family isn't a walk in the park for those who don't do anything besides a few petties. You earn your respect here as much as I earn my respect from you. I can't just walk up and expect everyone to believe I deserve this position. I work hard and will continue to do so to show everyone that I've earned my place at the top. I just reap a few more rewards than most."

Smiling a bit at her last comment, Clarity thanked Slab for the option for her to come to the streets and speak. She gave both of them a small side hug before making her way back to her car, where her driver was waiting.

Report Post Tip

Hot_Lips listens to the many stories and smiles as she is taken back in time, remembering the tales of her family diaries, so she decides to step up and participate in the conversation.

I have many diaries, don't ask me how many because I have lost track. My bloodline started in Chicago with waylander under the rule of Adrian and now I work for The_Civilian with Stamina as my Godfather. Needless to say I'm very dedicated and I know what I'm doing having studied those diaries often enough.

I am not here to talk about myself nor my bloodline, but to reply to your perception of what happened to Don Spuffwaffle. My bloodline was also in his family and I know he was loved but a family needs leadership. Whether you are a fan of Roman or not, he did recognize that something was lacking and unfortunately, a coma is a coma. It was not a cowardly move.

You also asked...

"Have you earned the respect of those that fell so you could be here?"

That's a touchy subject...how do you really know?

Report Post Tip

Civ listens to Slab, some things does sink into his mind but oh well, he will tell his tale...

Me? Well, not much to say actualy... i will not talk about my ancestors, as history is always re-writen in these streets. No need to bring up who my ancestors were, but they were faithful to their leaders, that much i can say about them. As of myself, i started my own life working for Cadoras. I climbed the ladder of his structure step by step, earning myself his respect step by step. It was a long climb but damn did it go fast in my mind. The more i climbed, the more friends i made and always took good care of my friends.

I have soon became Cadoras's RHM and then was honored to become Crew Leader of New Orleans. Well, you all know this part of the story, but... the thing is... i have earned what came to me, i know this for a fact. Why do i know it? Because i work hard, everyday... and still do. Why do i work? I am Crew Leader, should i? The answer to that is yes, for my family and for my city. I have to work to keep the members of the New Orleans cummunity safe. This is my goal, to keep everyone in my family and city safe and sound. Yes i say my city, because i will help anyone that works for Stamina's big easy. I will guide them and hopefuly they will listen to my guidance and dont fuck up. Well... i do what i can, but they need to work hard as well.

I always believed that hard work was the key to success, and patience... patience is something very important if you want to become someone in this thing of ours. I am glad you have brough this up Slab, as i can set myself as a example. Well, i am no legend... that would be too bold of me to say so, but i work hard. I set myself as example of a hard worker, not a legend. As for what happened to Don SpuffWaffle, who knows what went on between him and Roman and why Roman shot him. Must be a damn good reason for a godfather to shoot one of his Crew Leaders, it is something we dont see everyday. And Roman did'nt have that kind of reputation from what i heard of him.

Report Post Tip

I'm here for the fun!

REBECCABLACK SMILES

Obviously, the life we live is not all fun and games, but I attempt to be as optimistic as I can be in this thing of ours. But honestly, why am I here? Can I even be taken seriously as a mobster or mobster? YES I CAN. As long as Friday comes along again there will always be a little me in this life of ours. Fun!

REBECCABLACK SMILES AGAIN

I don't think I'm here for any particular peopler, I think I'm here for everyone. There are just some days that you keep getting busted in that robbery or you just can't decide which seat to take in the car. That's where I come in! To bring the fun!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Never Forgotten
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL