Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:31
Page:  1 
What Time Is It? Me-Thirty! Started by: Rathbone on Jan 11, '12 07:08

The most handsome Left Hand Man in Jesse James family skips down the street, then stops on a corner and with a faux air of importance begins to speak in a shrill, whiny voice...

"Why hasn't Jesse James come out and notified me personally on when new cities will be opened up?"

"Why hasn't he personally given me his reasons for his actions last night?"

"Why hasn't he personally sent me a mail letting me know how the Godfather Council is going to work?"

It amazes me that these kinds of topics are still brought up in the streets today. Do you not think that Godfather James and Godfather Stamina know that there are only two current Godfathers? Do you believe that Chicago and New Orleans will be the only two cities to have authorized crews from here until the end of time?

"But what's going to happen to the other cities?"

Could it be that Godfather James and Godfather Stamina are working on that right now?

"But if that's the case Rathbone...you are very handsome by the way...then why is it taking so long? I really need an answer NOW to these hot topics."

After every war, it seems, we see this same very behavior. "Answer me!" "I want to know now!" "You're a terrible leader because you don't have all these answers right when I want them!" "Me, me, me, I, I, I..."

I've decided to come out here and let you folks in on something. This thing of ours does not revolve around you. It doesn't revolve around me. This thing of ours is bigger than just one person and as such, it takes time to get things organized. As in the past, all your queries, questions and wonders will be answered in time. You may or may not get a big long speech on it all. Maybe the time that it takes to prepare such a speech might be spent on more urgent matters. But, alas, something will happen...at some point in time. It always has.

With that, the handsome gentleman gives a quick bow, then heads over to a park across the street to sit on the bench.

Report Post Tip

Abel laughs at Rathbone's funny impersonations of the anxious little people demanding answers and explanations. He then applauds the actual content of the speech. Yes, he may be kissing a bit of ass, but you have to admit, he is right on the money with what he's saying...

Report Post Tip

Slab arrives at the bench, slightly breathless, clutching the remains of his liquor cabinet door

"Sorry, I got here as quickly as I could! I've been following the trail of empty bottles for quite some time, believe you me!"

Slab snatches a half-drunk bottle of bourbon and a broken shard of glass from Rathbone's hand

"How the hell did you get out of the cage back at JesseJamee's HQ, you little fucker? We had that made by the guys that made Don Spuffwaffle's infamous solid steel underpants. You know you're not allowed out to play with the normal people. Especially not just after we've been shooting at them for no good reason!"

Slab leans over and fits a collar and leash to Rathbone. Tugging hard, he begins to lead him away

"I'm pretty sure that JesseJames would be able to get a damned sight more work done, and come and see his beautiful public, if he didn't have to muck out your litter box or send people like me out to find you. Mental bastard. Come on, Rathy, back to the cage."

Report Post Tip

I agree with you completely, I fail to see what people have to gain from knowing whats going to happen before it does. But non the less, the speculating is quite interesting

Jessie finishes off his cigerette discards it to the floor and prepares to head off to rob a local business!

Report Post Tip

Great speech, and I must agree with you.

Whether we get the insight of whats going on or not it really doesnt matter, though it does bring some presence to the streets when people are looking for such answers. But in the past 24 hours I have come across a few diffrent speeches that ulimately come down to the same answers, and thats that if two God fathers we have around wish to come out here and and explain to everyone whats going on they will, or maybe as Rathbone has suggested there is more important things at hand right now then worrying about wrighting an obvious speech about the lack of housing right now. We can see it, they can see it, and its definatly not something to rush into. No need to dive head first into this thing, they need to talk about who is right for the job, who deserves it, why and so forth. These arent going to be regular auths, hole cities are vacant and they need to know that the people they are going to put forward are ready for such a responsibility. Even if they do not get the city, and they deside to give some of there current leaders there own city, the new auths that will be coming about have a big role to play right now.

My two cents.

Report Post Tip

Amen Rathbone!

Report Post Tip

Chris listens as Rathbone in his own way tells a tale that is much older then this thing of ours a smile forms on his lips at it completion

I could not have sais that better myself Rathbone Or maybe i could have being every womens dream of the ideal man that i am. Though Seriously my beleif is that the inner circle workings of a family are just that for the inner circle, Us as there soilders executioners or what ever position are just that, As RHM my Father In Law Stan Smith never questioned an order given to him he just did what was asked He as heard reasoning for various takedowns or assinations if you prefer that term, He may not have agreed with them but he had taken an oath his life was New Orleans his Bosses where Civilian,Stamina,Frebrant and Immortal he died for that belief and what he beleived in this thing is bigger then us all and if our leaders dont feel up to explaining there actions well thats there god given right, Its not up to us to question that. Theres a saying if you dont like it rank up and change it, Thank you Rathbone hopefully this will make people realise the way thing really work.

Chris tips his hat respectfully to Rathbone and wanders off looking for another Shop keeper to extort.

Report Post Tip

I'm gonna have to come in and disagree with the general consensus here, sorry.

While I don't personally want, need or expect an explaination on the goings on, keeping those out the loop up to date on what's the what shouldn't be too much of a task, should it?

Is there something fundamentally wrong with expecting that the people who are running the show and taking people out would have SOME idea of what they planned to do after the bloodshed, or did they really just not think any further ahead? Awesome.

I don't necessarily expect honest answers about much of anything that goes on. But yeah, I honestly do expect that the leaders will drag their happy asses away from their busy HQs once in a while to come and lay the smack down in the streets.. The world really needs that kind of thing.. Inciting the ragers and the ass kissers to come out and participate in the streets... My family, me, (I'm such a selfish whore) have always expected it, there's evidently less and less of it and that's not a good thing.

When someone comes out and says *I* would like to see this.. It's because all one can do is speak for themselves, unless they're out representing a group.. If, as you say it is, apparent there's lots of these individuals asking, or demanding answers, then I'll go ahead and elect myself as spokesperson for all these individuals and come out and say

WE would really appreciate a bit more input from those in charge, thanks!

Report Post Tip

Walks across a small gathering

I would have to agree with Marty here, we look to our Leaders as a group to lead. The only way to lead the masses is through the streets. I as a citizen and employ of Las Vegas can not follow JesseJames or Stamina example because I don't see it enough. Here is where I probably piss people off, the majority of our world are sheep. Sheep in the sense that they look to be led. Not in the sense that they like to snuggle up to Teq on cold nights. They will eat up and swallow anything you feed them as long as it allows them to go on with life having some direction.

On the flip side of that, those with out direction begin to devise their own way and sometimes that will go against what you as a Leadership Council are trying to achieve. Making your plans more difficult, not nesc. impossible but difficult.

What the majority are looking for is direction, it isn't bad to want to know how we will continue on to make money to feed our children. I would take it as a compliment, that the masses think enough of my position and leadership to not only be ready and eager to hear of my plans but also be chomping at the bit for it.

Report Post Tip

Catch-Twenty Two my friends.

It's great to have our fearless leaders about in the streets giving direction to Our Thing. The streets are really the center-stage where friends of ours can meet, greet, discuss, etc and I sympathize with the families and friends of the fallen who are anxious and want some closure for the deaths of their loved ones. On the flipside - progress takes time and this latest war was, what? Not even two days ago. Patience amici, patience.

Report Post Tip

The most handsome Left Hand Man in Jesse James

"You are lucky, godfather JesseJames only has one!

For your questions, why not wait and see what happens. I surely love surprises dont you? Questions, questions... always questions!"

Report Post Tip

Rathbone, having escaped his cage again, munches on an apple listening to the people speak...

Uh huh, uh huh, yeah, yep...

After waiting for Hazelespoon_Flamegoo to finish speaking, Rathbone smiles, then opens his own mouth...

Mr. Feldman. I could bring forward one of the old cliches: "This isn't a democracy" or "If you don't like it, do something about it", and sure they'd be true, but I won't. I'd like to pose a small challenge to you instead. Go ahead and be the spokesperson for all those demanding an answer right now. Just get back to me and see if your demands are met any quicker than they would have been, had you said nothing and waited patiently. You see, these things take time and a smart leader wouldn't rush things just to appease all the impatient people demanding answers. A smart leader would try to make sure he makes a smart decision instead, so as to create some bit of stability in this thing of ours.

After a quick nod and smile towards Marty_Feldman, Rathbone swings his head around towards Hazlespoon_Flamegoo...

Ahh, Flamegoo...I daren't ask how your family inherited that name. Let's be real here, though. You want to know how to feed your children and make a little cash? There are crews to join are there not? Maybe they aren't the ones you want to join and maybe they aren't in your fathers old city, but they are there, nonetheless. So we'll throw that out. Next up: "People will devise their own way that will go against the Leadership Council". Hmm...haven't they always? So again, why rush to a decision? There simply isn't any need. Isn't it better to get it right?

Rathbone smiles towards Hazlespoon_Flamegoo, then cranes his neck to make sure Slab isn't around to drag him back to his cage. Satisfied that he isn't around, Rathbone lingers with the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Looks at his nametag

Well, lets say it was a drunken night filled with debauchery that garnered me my name. I don't quite remember it so not sure how I earned the nickname.

As far as rushing to decisions and pushing forward I am not saying that. Actually if people search hard enough JJ actually answered most of the questions in a conversation a little further down the road. He stated and I am paraphrasing so not quoting here, The Council rules will have to be adjusted for obvious reasons and answers on how we will be moving forward will be coming over the next couple of days.

Looks around and swats a flie

Now here is the issue, many people will not partake in a conversation they may have already been in to see his response which is not anyone's fault but their own. A simple unified statement by the current Leadership would go a long ways. In its own conversation where people can see clearly and easily. Now I am not saying it's needed, personally I go about making my money for my family and doing my thing. It how ever doesn't change the reality and perception, no one way of doing things will ever make everyone happy. 

All I am saying is Communication with out getting bit to much by the OOCitis mag flie is what our world is based on. The streets being the backbone, those not in the circle or extended circle of know will assume nothing is in the works. In my eyes, I would rather have people coming out questioning the path for our future and events bringing a voice and life to our world than simply sitting back and clicking buttons. I mean really they have bots for that.

Report Post Tip

Is there something fundamentally wrong with expecting that the people who are running the show and taking people out would have SOME idea of what they planned to do after the bloodshed, or did they really just not think any further ahead? Awesome.

No, there is nothing wrong with wanting to know what is happening in the future.  However, people were out in the streets, questioning the godfathers while they were STILL fighting for the lives of their family.  This is more than a little offputting to say the least.  Simply because they havent finalized details enough to want to inform every Tom, Dick, and Harry who visits these streets does not mean that they have not thought about the future.  Becaue someone did not come to the streets to inform everyone in the world that JesseJames and Stamina spoke before Chicago authed Family number five, does not mean that they did not.  Just because months ago a group of people laid down some rules, does not mean that they are not changeable whenever the Godfathers of this world see fit. They will come to speak when they are ready, and not before.  Either way, I am pretty sure the community at large is going to be just fine.

Report Post Tip

Rathbone, the argument about rushing into announcing things would be fine if... It wasn't planned takedowns that caused the deaths in the first place. If everyone had suddenly died from a severe case of OOCitis, for example, sure, there's no planning that, takes a minute to get one going..

I'd also like to give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest my point was a little too subtle regarding such announcments.. I am fully aware this isn't a democracy, my point was actually that this place was built upon these very streets.. Long traditions stood whereby we, the collective community expected and actually DEMANDED those in power take a stroll around them, often, or, quite simply we saw them as 'mute click monkeys' unworthy of our respect and time. It was always very much an integral part of being a family head. It's definitely on the decline, and is very much noticed during times of unrest. I feel it's a trend, that if left to continue would result in a very Dark Future, if you know what I mean?

Madam Valon, I do understand that being pestered about matters can be off putting, but again, I will say to  you, as I said to Rathbone, we're talking about planned attacks, are we really saying there was no other plan than 'Ready. Aim. Fire'?  I'm not trying to pick fights and ruffle feathers, but it comes across as amazingly lacking in foresight and dare I suggest that it hints at weak reasoning, owing to the lack of follow up plan. To the best of my knowledge, there was no immediate danger to either NO, or Chicago, (If I'm wrong, I'll happily stfu and go about my business) so an impromptu takedown wasn't was it was all about. I realise I'm a gangster nobody, who am I to question things etc.. But I don't mind. I'm still prepared to say, I feel a tad disappointed with the current state of things.

Report Post Tip

You are a little off base.  It was planned, yes, but for a time further in the future.  Since St Louis was forewarned, we had to act much more quickly than anticipated.  There ARE plans for future expansion.. The Godfathers simply are not ready to relay it to the masses just yet.  I would think that the fact that both Chicago and New Orleans authed a new leader during the war in close proximity to one another, that people would realize that there WAS coordinated planning.  You will all see with more detail when they have everything squared away. 

Report Post Tip

Mr. Feldman, I admire your Utopian outlook on this world we live in.

First off, you assumed that this "planned" takedown was actually planned far in advance. If you consider how quickly the events of the last few days transpired, logical thinking (along with the words already spoken by Godfather Stamina and Godfather James) should lead you to a different conclusion. Even had this been planned a few days ago, one would know that it takes time, when working with other cities, to ensure that all parties in charge are happy with the choices being made going forward.

Second off, you bring up the ways of the past. One thing of the past is that making demands of those in charge would usually end up with a mouthy, low-ranked associate swimming with the fishes. Not happy with the current level of chatting in the streets? Maybe this world isn't for you. There are far more important things to do here than entertain the masses in the streets. Afterall, this is a place for business.

Thirdly, if you're not happy, then what are you doing to progess things? You act as though your ancestors have been here for some time, but anyone whose ancestors have inhabited this place would know that this world doesn't cave into demands and that moaning in the streets usually results in little more than a mass horde telling them to stuff it. So...want to change it? Then put some work in and earn a chance to make the changes that you see fit...just like the current leaders have earned the right to do things as they please.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Time Is It? Me-Thirty!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL