Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:08:19
Page:  1 
Information makes the world revolve Started by: Romeo on Jan 11, '12 13:21

I heard recently Dutch_Man ask a question "Do we have room for spies in our world?"

I would say that we have always had spies in our world in some form they make our world turn.

Let me put something to you all.

Spies come in various different forms what we have seen is the highest form.

Someone willing to work hard to go deep undercover to obtain or influence the decision making process of a city.

The lower rank of spies can be seen from the following examples

1) X whispers Y to let them know that a takedown is planned.

2) Z whispers A to let them know that someone will be getting Authed soon into a city.

We all know that these situations happen, these people though possibly not intentionally are a form of spy.

Why might you ask, by passing on that information they are passing on secret/confidential information aka Spying. Therefore they are a spy.

Both of the above situations have differing levels of importance or significance. Both come about from Coffee shop friendships that are developed over long blood line histories.

Where information is king spies will always exist whether you like it or not, ours is a world where we live by "Omerta" however as you look around at your fellow Mafiosa think back and wonder how many of us actually live by this rule to its fullest extent or do we dilute it to make good a situation in which we will profit!!

Report Post Tip

Both come about from Coffee shop friendships that are developed over long blood line histories.

That is the key aspect to it.  For bloodlines that have worked the streets for generations, they become well-kent faces among the crowds.  You see them, you chat to them, you hear a thing or two and don't want your buddy to die so you pass it on.  "This doesn't go any further but....." is how it might usually start.  Of course it's wrong but it's how friendships on these streets have evolved.  

Report Post Tip

A question for you Romeo i have friends outside my family in other citys hell i even had people i called friends in ST.L but i would never i repeat NEVER sell out my city that is the lowest form of life.

Would you Romeo shoot you coffee shop friend in the face if your CL or Godfather demanded it? I know for a fact i would in a heartbeat. My father in law Stan Smith Died for New Orleans an i will do the same to betray ones city is the lowest one can stoop and they deserve nothing more then what they get.

Report Post Tip

Those who know my bloodline well will know that my line has in the past done just this and more. Both taken shots and arranged the destruction of cities in which my friends have resided. Not just coffee shop acquaintances but people I would call my closest friends.

It isn't an easy thing to do because you grew up with them, drank together, ate together but fundamentally your loyalty is to your crew leader, your city or if you are a CL yourself or Godfather your loyalty is to your members.

Report Post Tip

Chris, I can answer that question for you right there. I have complete confidence that Romeo would follow any instruction handed to him by myself or Betsy. As one of my hands, I think its pretty fair to say he has my trust, I don't give that out lightly.

And Betsy, you are entirely correct. The coffee shops have a lot to answer for in that area. I doubt we will ever remove that aspect from our way of life, unfortunately.

Report Post Tip

your coffee shop persona should never ever interview with this world. it usually proves to end up badly when it todes

Report Post Tip

Chris smiles as Romeo and Animal reply to his Question

Yes those are the words that bring music to my ears, I fully agree with you Animal coffee shop conversations have alot to answer for, Though any respectfull mobster should know that the breaking of OMERTA has only one punishment and it is very hash. 

Yes Ragnarok i also agree there most people know your coffee shop persona and anything that can cause grief to your family or city only ends badly for you.

Chris tips his hat at them and darts into the nearest Post office where screams and cries of stop theif can be heard as Chris runs off towards a car waiting for him

Report Post Tip

I think anyone who feels unable to put friendships/coffee shop loyalties aside, particularly in the midst of war, have taken something of a wrong turn in choosing to become a part of This Thing Of Ours.

Like many, I too have friendships that transcend the city borders, just as my mother did. I'll be extremely blunt here and state that immediately after her death during the eye of the storm, I helped her family, because there was business that remained unfinished. I hadn't yet made a decision regarding my own path, and I knew she would have wanted me to at least help finish what she had been a part of. I had no official loyalties of my own, and therefore I accommodated hers until the time was right to move on. Had I been asked to target someone with whom I knew she had been friends with, I wouldn't have hesitated. Not even for a moment. She'd have turned in her grave if I refused.

The same principle stands for me now, and will certainly stand for my own children. Business is business - it is precisely the thing that governs our lives as mafiosi. I did not come into This Thing half-heartedly, and if ever charged with a task that may compromise my friendships, there isn't even a decision to be made. The will of my CL is that of my own, and what must be done will be done.

My mother was heavily influenced by a story about a man she knew before she came to this way of life, and it is a story that she reminded me of on a regular basis as I grew up and began to show an interest in things. This man was not a mobster. During his life, he had many acquaintances, but few friends, and when he died it was surprising to note the sheer volume of people that attended his wake and funeral. One of the attendees said something that resonated with my mother throughout her career, a rule which she applied at all times.

He said, ''I'm not here because I liked him. I didn't; in fact, as a person I didn't like him at all. However, I was compelled to be here because of all the men I knew, men including my closest friends, I respected him the most. He commanded respect through his actions, his demeanour, his way of being - even if you didn't like it, you simply couldn't help but respect it.''

Sharing an affinity with someone, common ground, the joviality of chit-chat over a coffee - this has nothing to do with respect and nothing to do with business. It is an entirely separate concept, and one which holds enormous significance in Our Thing. It is the cornerstone of the Mafia way, and regardless of how that respect is upheld, it is essential. 

So, when it comes down to the bare bones of it all, I wouldn't care if I ended up the most loathed face on IRC Avenue, ostricized, shunned, utterly friendless, provided that I was at least respected within my capacity as a member of my family and my city. Those who embark on a friendship with me will, at some point, come to learn this; sure, I'll buy you a coffee and have a natter, but don't think for one second that I won't put a bullet in your head, or even take one to my own skull, if it benefits the family. Let there be no doubt that I will.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Information makes the world revolve
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL