Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:26
Page:  1 
Las Vegas a joke? I'm not laughing. Started by: PoisonousJelly on Jan 11, '12 22:15

Jono is walking down the street when he see's an old friend standing in the shadows of a corner. He makes he was over to him, noticing a soap box on the floor he purposely trods all over it and embraces his friend then begins to chat

Hey! Can you believe that soap box shit? It still irks me that people use those things to stand on and address masses of people they find in the streets. We got some corrupt officers working these streets for mobsters. Alls it takes is one of them to do his real job and the police have information on us! Anyway mate... Have you heard this bullshit about Las Vegas being a laughable city? A joke to those mobsters who know nothing better? Really gets on my nerves that. The majority of these people don't even know what it's like to work in our fine city and just watch from the outside while they gather their idiotic opinions and criticisms. Often saying shit like "Heh, I'd have done that this way" or "Those guys don't know what they're doing... Look at this mess".

Why? I hear you ask? Well mate, I don't know... From the outside all I can imagine is they get their opinions from the notable deaths that come from our city... Thicker and faster than other cities I must agree but hell... We're not just any normal city are we? We can not choose who we want to set up along side us in our city. We have no say on whether the person deserves the authorisation to lead their own family nor do we have a say in how many people try their hand at leading a crew in Las Vegas. Anyone can set up given they have the proper acceptance from their respective crewleaders. That said though... We do have a choice in who lives or dies in Las Vegas once a person has set up. If we disagree with someone being a crewleader in Las Vegas and then have a reason to remove said person, we are well with in our right.

People will be people... People will have their own opinions on different matters and it goes with out saying... Some will be more pedantic about it than others, some will be more lenient and some will just down right disregard everything the current crop of crewleaders have put in place that is keeping stability and peace.

So I gotta tell you mate. If you hear anyone laughing about how Las Vegas is run at the moment, tell them to consider what I have told you today.

PJ says his goodbyes and turns to leave where he finds a noted mobster standing and obviously listening. "Hear all that did ya? What ya doing eavesdropping on our conversation? Well...? Got anything you want to add?

Report Post Tip

I feel like Vegas is ran beautifully... Id love to see any of the people laughing at us try to make it in this fine city.

Report Post Tip

Lets just make one thing clear, incase anything from this is taken the wrong way..

We don't look people up and down when they land and wonder whether or not to kill them. We fully intend to work with everyone and anyone that resides in our fine city. As is evidenced by the fact we have leaders here who's origins are from all different cities in this thing of ours.

Vegas finally has some stability, which I think is the key message PJ was aiming for there. People can laugh all they want, but getting to where we are wasn't a simple task, it took a big group effort and no one person is responsible, we worked as a group and will continue to work together with Peace always being the key aim.

As has been shown more so than ever before lately, War is not good for our business, but sadly sometimes its needed.

Report Post Tip

My family line has been in Las Vegas almost from the very first minute the GF Council announced the experiment/competition or whatever else you want to call it, and from the diaries left by my father, and his father, and his father and so on and so forth I can see how well Las Vegas is coming along.

Las Vegas work together well, which is a bit weird considering, like you said Mr Jelly that they have no choice in who comes along and starts a family of their own. They have no clue what this new Bold Suit is planning, which might be a reason why the communication between people here is so good.

Hell everyone wants to be in LV these days, as is shown by the fact we have 4 families with over 15 members, when the Las Vegas Project first started we weren't even seeing 10 man families.

So Las Vegas, a joke? definitely not!

Report Post Tip

Clarity had just spoken to the Jelly man herself a moment before walking up to hear his speech. Nodding and she then felt a need to respond.

She understood where he was coming from, but he wasn't the only one or city that felt this way.

"I'd have to say, there have been times that I wondered why people bothered with Las Vegas. Yet, one of my better friends is now there so something has to be working! I have no wiggle room to say anything against Las Vegas. Although, I feel like you are not alone in feeling this way."

"For you people find Las Vegas laughable. A joke, perhaps. Granted, war is more prominent to break out there and we've seen it happen quite a few times, but I feel that everyone in that city has to deal with the same shit other cities deal with daily. So they are no joke, people just look upon them differently since there is not a 'city lead' to say who can be authed or who cannot, but Las Vegas isn't the only city with their rumor or opinion problems!"

"Look at Chicago, people think we're some sort of tryant city that just goes around wiping out people who tick us off. We change the rules for ourselves, but not for others. We do whatever the hell we want 'because we can'. Yet, if everyone knew our reasons behind things...they would know we aren't that kind of city. Any war that has happened has been for good reasons. Anything we have done has had a good reason behind it, but people just see that we have the biggest gun and deem Chicago a tyrant. The 'top dog' is always considered this for some reason."

"You could also take Saint Louis, may they rest in peace, into account. Many felt they did nothing. They always sat around and let the rest of the mafia world do it for them. That they were lazy, were just sitting there, and didn't care to raise a hand to slap someone doing them wrong. Yet, is this actually true? I wasn't apart of their city so I don't know! Was it what got them killed? Yes. Yet, I am pretty sure they weren't always like that. I'm sure not all of them were that sort of people."

Pausing for a moment to think. She looked around and could tell that others were wanting to talk. So she figured she would wrap up her point.

"I could go to other cities, but I'm sure you're starting to get my point. Every city has their 'label'. This will always be there for as long as people can think and have opinions or spread rumors. Whether you choose to take it with a grain of salt or personally is up to you, but we all have to deal with our fair share."

"This is also in no way trying to put down your grand speech. I enjoyed it very much, but I thought I would give you a little insight to see you are not alone!"

Clarity then waved and thanked everyone for their time. She also thanked PJ for his speech. She always enjoyed a good one.

Report Post Tip

Don Clarity... I take it that your opinion is that one of the main reason SL was taken out was incativity? I'm surprised by your opinion. I thought it was because they had proven to become unpredictable since they attacked NY with no reason and then they didn't even finish the job they started leaving Chicago in danger having to finish a war they weren't a part of.

Oh, and who's Jono? ;)

Report Post Tip

Abel, I think Clarity meant that while perceptions exist, how often are these actually true?  And how many people really know what a city is like until they are part of it. 

Report Post Tip

My alter ego, Abel ;-)

Report Post Tip

I think all this winking is going to make people wonder things. ;-)

Report Post Tip

"Thank you Betsy, you're very right. That is exactly what I was saying! Sorry if it wasn't extremely clear."

Clarity bowed her head in respect to those around her.

Report Post Tip

Abel yells:

I propose a winking contest!! ;) ;D ;P

Oh, and Mr. Jelly, I actually knew that but was trying to be funny.

Smiles.

Report Post Tip

In my Opinion you've hit the nail on the head here lad. People have the sheer cheek and audacity to calls us in Vegas a "joke" We're trying to build a city from scratch. We haven't had months to prepare, we're building and trying to survive and look after our families all at the same time. People don't realise just what a tough game it really is. There are several different families all from different backgrounds trying to work together in order to turn a shilling and make the sin city as prosperous as possible.

My advice to anyone who calls Vegas a joke.. give it a try.

Report Post Tip

It takes a certain kind of gangster to succeed out in Vegas for the reasons you cited. Some folks argue that Vegas ain't stable and too many leaders have fallen. Considering all that has happened, it provides nice contrast to the leaders and crews still standing and those that aren't anymore. I'm not a seditionist but lack of stability isn't a terrible thing either. Keeps you on your toes.

Nuff respect.

Report Post Tip

Stamina looks around as he hears the city of Las Vegas being mentioned over and over somewhere on one of their street corners. Finding PoisonousJelly and the many people crowded around, he listens to the issues being discussed carefully before stepping forward from the shadows

Over the many weeks that we've had the current set up in Las Vegas, we've seen many people come and go, usually with a fairly quick turnaround unfortunately. For some of the actions we've seen there over the weeks I could excuse people for looking at Las Vegas and laughing smugly from the outside, knowing they were living in relative safety away from the troubles. We've seen many incidents over there in the short space of time it has been an open city, big guns have taken the leap along with some of the smaller guys who arrived with next to nothing. Methods of survival attempts have ranged from playing it cool and keeping to yourself, deception, invasion and everything in-between.

I obviously haven't had the chance to work within Vegas, so my views are maybe not the same as those who see the inner workings of the city on a regular basis. However, I would say that the image has been changing there recently. Changing for the better? Many would say so. From where I stand, it seems the leaders are all singing from the same hymn sheet these days. Many people won't see the mail that goes backwards and forwards between the upper structures throughout the cities, I can genuinely say though that it appears the current Vegas leaders all show an interest in the other crews over there. Standing together won't hurt your survival chances in the slightest.

In summary, yes I think Las Vegas was once viewed by many as a place for the outcasts of society to gather and spill blood freely. However, Las Vegas seems to be showing signs of relative stability at the moment and you're heading in the right direction for a bright future.

Report Post Tip

Shell_Shocker sits in awe at the speech thinking to him self that Peace and good hospitality and the power to put down your differences and truly come together and work and share together is the only way.I believe my Blood line has seen many wars and has Learned that yes it happens but that its not needed and war effects every one in a way.

Report Post Tip

Unlike most people I wasn’t destined for a life of crime, it was never a burning ambition to plunder, swindle and grease palms in order to line my pockets to put food in the mouth. There was a time not so long ago where I was a shirt and tie civvie doing a 9-5, living a suburban life. Sure my past lineage is scattered full of successful and unsuccessful mafioso’s. I decided I wanted different, I was content to be just another face amongst the rat race of society

This all changed the day I came home from work after yet another mindless slog pushing pens, to only find the ball-and-chain packing her bags

“What are you doing. Where you going”  trying hard to mask my joy

“Las Vegas!” she replied “I’ve heard that there are men willing to pay me $200 a time to do what I do to you for free”

Pondering for a moment, I grab a duffel bag and start packing my own clothes

“What the hell are you doing?” she screams at me

“I’m coming to Vegas with you.......  I want to see how you’re going to live on $400 a year”

So here I was roaming blood stained sidewalks with barely two brass buttons to rub together and a wife living in a travel tavern, lying on her back with legs akimbo gathering dust. When an odd and uncouth looking young man runs past carrying a purse, briefly stopping off to unscrew some hubcaps from a nearby car. Unsure of what he was doing I tried to approach him when I was met with a sturdy look “Hey lad, Calm down, Calm down” he motions, waving his hands and bobbing head before jumping into a car and speeding off. Thats the life for me, I decide. He’s my new hero

I was then approached by another gentleman proudly displaying his finely pressed button asking how my day was and if I needed any assistance. Never one to be rude I struck up a conversation and told him I needed to make some quick money to buy some ping pong balls. Without much persuasion, and keen to track down my new hero I asked him what his thoughts were on the current climate and which are the promising up and coming cities for a young thug

In no uncertain terms he proceeded to tell me to get out off and steer clear of Las Vegas, that it was a haven for rogues and underground movements who are going around shooting at bodyguards. Now if I wasn’t obsessed with finding my new hero I would of jumped on the first plane out of there. As it was I decided to going against the damning public sway of opinions and bite the bullet (so to speak).

I understand some people, just like this gentleman will see what has happened in Vegas and opt for the safe havens of Chicago or New Orleans. That’s completely understandable. But i’m a firm believer in you only get out of life what your willing to put in. In the greater the challenge, the greater the reward.

I have faith in what we’re building over here, that we can blow away the dust ball that have plaqued the streets for so long and to flick on the bright lights and get the doors back open for business. Will there will more bloodshed in the future, I would hope not but the way Vegas is set up most probably. That isn’t to say we’re going to waver in our determination to build a solid city and secure home for ourselves. If I happen to die along the way, then it wouldn’t of been for want of trying

Ironically this gentleman is no longer with us. I would hope that his son and others who may be on the same boat listen to what i’ve said and learn not to be swayed by social pressures. You can’t tarnish everybody with the same brush based on things that have no controls. Take a leap of faith once in a while, you might find it’s the best thing you’ll ever do

Turns out the hero of the story doesn’t own a cape. What a lame hero.

-Jax

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Las Vegas a joke? I'm not laughing.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL