Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:58
Page:  1 
The Greatest Part Of This Thing? Started by: GoodFellas on Jan 12, '12 23:57

Goodfellas steps to the soapbox with something on his mind

Well i had a thought on my mind what is the best part of this thng of ours is it the money respect power ?

Well for me its two things the money , With money you support yourself have everything you have ever wanted hell as said by lucky luciano himself "capitalism is the legitamite racket of the ruling class"

But in all honesty there is something i enjoy most its friendships i feel a great family is what you need to succeed but great friends can also help you keeping you up when you are down and when your father mother grandfather whoever passes are always there with words of encouragement and a helping hand i will say that i have met some great people who mean alot to me on here and above everything may be one of my top accomplishments.

Just thought id share a short speech feel free to share your favorite part about this thing of ours

Goodfellas steps down from the soapbox

Report Post Tip

Slightly intoxicated, Steve approaches Goodfellas with a blank stare.

You look like you could use a beer son. 

Looking to the crowd Steve waves down a couple beers for Goodfellas and himself.

The best part of this life of ours is the alcohol, Fuck prohibition!

Steve smashes a couple beers together, finishes chugging them, and continues to walk down the street.

Report Post Tip

Lorna looks at StoneCold in shock

What are talking about?  I love prohibition!  I'm making so much money off it it's unbelievable!

Goodfella, I also enjoy the friendship.  I'm new here but I've already feel a strong bond to the people that I have met...even you sir!  Cheers!...Now pass me one of them beers!

Report Post Tip

I enjoy being able to really feel like a part of something. I guess I've been very lucky, I've never felt plain unwelcome in any family but have heard friends complain of that. The families and the friends made along the way make this game for me, more than money or guns or drugs ever could.

Report Post Tip

the friendships you form over your bloodlines life here. at this point theyre the only reason why i return to these shores time and time agian

Report Post Tip

the poon

Report Post Tip

Rathbone notices a few guys speaking openly about business on the streets...

What thing? I don't do nothin' but mind my own business around these streets. I certainly don't partake in illegal activities.

In the distance, he sees Officer FredHorvath walking towards the group.

Well guys, been fun chatting. I gotta run now.

With that, Rathbone hurries off down the street and around a corner, out of sight. 

Report Post Tip

Get's knocked over by Rathbone as he rounds the corner in a hurry.

Report Post Tip

After walking around on the streets for a while Popcorn over hears a convo that has sparked his interest

I'd have to agree with Nicola, I like feeling like i'm a part of something. The Respect and Loyalty is what drives me to do what i do, more than the money. Only reason I focus so hard on the money is to get the necessities. Other then that you only have to relationships (or lack of) to live off of until the day you parish.

Tips his hat and nods his head as he sparks his cigar. Figures he'll walk the streets a little longer before making his way back to the bar where most his family can be found

Report Post Tip

Civ listens to Goodfellas's speech and feels the need to say something about friendship and loyalty...

"Goodfellas, friends are important yes, i truly believe this and those who encourages you through tough times are the best of friends. As for money, respect and loyalty... well, loyalty and respect gets you places where you get to make the most money. I have seen many people come and go in my life, a lot of them were very good friends of mine. They worked hard, earned my respect by beeing loyal to me. I try to be a good listener as well, with so many members and issues to solve... it is not always easy to please everyone. Well... i am not here to please but to serve my city. Nevertheless... by keeping my members happy, they become loyal and work hard. If during their lives they run into problems, personal ones... i try to encourage them the most i can. However, unfornately my time is borrowed by all of my members, my Godfather and my city.

To me loyalty... should go to the very last breath. You live for someone, your boss... for somewhere, your city... for something, power and money. Therefore you must be faithful to the very last breath you take. Frienship is shown in different ways... sometimes we feel we are let down, thinking our friends have abandoned us. But have they really? Or have they gotten so occupied with their own lives, they forget about the friend who needs a hand in his. That is why i am always patient with friends and try to learn where they are at in their lives before making judgements. If any of this makes sence to you... i know it does to me!"

Report Post Tip

Dimitri smiles at Goodfellas' speech and stands to offer his 2 cents.

In this life, there are a lot of attractive things... But each has its pros and cons. Nothing is ever so black and white.

Dimitri lights a cigarette before continuing.

Friendship for example... In this thing of ours, the day may come when you have to put a bullet in your friends back. It is harsh but true, and as such i choose my friends wisely.

Money? Money comes and goes. It is there to be spent, so money is not important. But i wont lie... Making money feels great.

Loyalty... Now loyalty is a tough one.

Dimitri takes a long drag on his smoke.

You see, loyalty can clash with a desire for power. This is why i will choose my family carefully. Id never put a bullet in my boss in a bid for power, dont get me wrong. So i look for a family i can grow with, a family who will recognize my talents and skills, and say: "Dimitri, ima prouda ya." I'm as hard a worker as the next guy, and will always do my bit for any group im in. Whether its a band of actors out here on the streets, or a crime family.

Now for the big one. Power. I wont sit here and tell you that i don't want power. I'm honest. I wanna be the top dog, i wanna be a godfather one day. But isn't that what we all want? Being godfather is a dream... I might never achieve it, or i might be one of the lucky few who does. I wanna be a CL too... Which is why i have to choose my boss carefully.

So yeah, there are lots of things that brought me to this thing of ours, but they aren't so black and white. But then maybe the double edge to each of those points is what makes this thing of ours so attractive?

Dimitri flicks his cigarette and sits back down.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Greatest Part Of This Thing?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL