Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:44
Page:  1 
Hi, My Name is. Started by: Hazlespoon_Flamegoo on Jan 13, '12 16:30

MB walks through the park listening to all the conversations shaking his head at a few in particular

I have never seen such a display of self importance before on our streets. We have young Mafioso in my opinion making a mockery of what our streets should stand for by standing on corners yelling “He’s not me, I’m the real Me” I know for myself, I don’t really care. Yes some might, but those who do should be close enough to perhaps have a private conversation with or a warning over coffee and cannoli's.  Have we sunk to such desperate fair that we not only allow with out condemnation but also partake in such conversations.  Are we allowing these individuals to achieve such self worth that our days are centered around the split personalities some might have?  Yes I know I am perpetuating it with my very rant if you will. I how ever find it frustrating that I put in a hard days work, come to the streets to read or interact and have to shift through so many garbage fliers being posted by what seems like the same handful of self absorbed gangsters who are putting their own self importance in front of everyone.

Looks around to make sure he isn’t talking to himself

I don’t know maybe I yearn for a time when we could do our dirt, kick up our tax and come to our streets and read the most recent happenings, watch a funny “skit” in the park etc. I understand it takes a certain person to be able to hold our attention in those manners. And perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree, is this common place today in our world? Should it be accepted as part of our standard? Of course exceptions are bound to happen. For blood lines and lineage who have been in our world for what seems like centuries but in my experience the “Names” that would matter if they were cloned, typically don’t take to the streets to proclaim innocence but handle it behind closed doors and we never know until after what was happening.

Sits down at a familiar looking Chess table and waits for a opponent

Report Post Tip

Pulls up a chair across from Hazlespoon_Flamegoo to enjoy a good game of chess

Being new to these streets i'm kind of weary about speaking on certain subjects but i'm going to anyways. I must say I agree with some points. I think that those matters are best discussed behind close doors with the "imposter" or with your family heads. Having an "Imposter" can ruin a reputation of a bloodline and if you have the respect of your family heads they should back you on keeping the integrity of your bloodline intact. After all your bloodline is, almost, a reflection of your family also.

But by no means do I think anyone should come to the streets and "waste our time" with their proclamations of who they "really" are. It can be discouraging as a new comer who is looking at the streets to get the word on important events, just to keep running into somebody who is trying to convince EVERYONE who they are. No offense but I don't care either, and i'm still not convinced.

Like I said, I understand the need to make it known, I just don't understand the need to bring it to the streets and not your family (with proof of course)

Realizing that chess is nothing like checkers he aimlessly moves pieces to pretend like he knows what he's doing. Figuring he'll learn quick enough

Report Post Tip

Chikka Chikka Slim Shady.

Report Post Tip

Nods in vague agreement with Dr_Flannigan.

You're obviously a deep-thinker, Doc. I'm sure such insights were highly valued among the tutors at medical school.

Report Post Tip

Shakes head and rolls eyes

Dr. Flannigan, although I am sure in a puddle of tadpoles your comedic prowess is of legend here it is what we call SPAM

Looks to Popcorn

Is that butter or salted ? Had to ask, okay on to business. As far as your Boss or Godfather, Capo etc. will most likely help keep your heritage intact. As someone putting themselves off as yourself poses a security risk to the family. The problem with coming to the streets like most things, it makes you look like a fool yourself further shaming your potentially once great name and family.

Smiles at the quizzical look at the chess board

Don't worry Mr Corn I will help you consider this a learning curve game.

Report Post Tip

Here I was hoping this was an introduction thread to the world. How unfortunate. I will continue regardless.

Coughs and changes his accent to a somewhat African accent.

Good day sir, my name is George Agdagdawango, I'm calling from your local bank! I just need to confirm a couple of detail... I need your account number, your sort code, your pin number...

Report Post Tip

To be honest, some of these self-righteous gangsters that are coming out to the streets may not be as new as we think. There are plenty of people in this community that would fit under the label of "attention-seekers", though most would use a bit more vulgar term, I don't want to insult the decorum of this speech. They could be people going out and saying things just to get a rise or reaction out of the masses. Most of the time, people only encourage them by playing straight into their hands. When they're indulged, "attention-seekers" tend to feel the need to do so again with gusto. When we see these types of people ranting, and carrying on about things not needing to be said, we need to walk on by, and let them rant and rave in the company of only their alter-ego.

Now on the other side, if they are new people coming to the streets speaking nonsense, we as the older citizens need to do a good job in setting an example of what the streets should be. There are people, like my boss Clarity, that set a perfect example as to what the streets should be. I think the streets may be in a bit better shape, and avoid things of which you speak if we had more people setting an example for what should be going on.

Also, as I'm not generally a frequent street speaker, my words may not carry as much weight, or be considered as much as the next guy. But alas, I have spoken my opinions nonetheless.

Report Post Tip

Reviews the Chess Board as HF listens to Xiphos

I agree, about setting examples. But examples with out consequence typically aren't effective. I am not saying keeeel the wooorld (although that could be fun to watch).

Some one once said "The pen is mightier than the sword" however, with out the threat of the sword behind the pen it typically falls on deaf ears.

Report Post Tip

I know another great way of putting it Hazlespoon_Flamegoo.

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."

I think the best way of dealing with the problem would be for the people in question to be warned. If they fail to take heed then they should be punished. If they continue to make a spectacle of themselves then they should be shot. There should ofcourse be the chance for them to be given courses in speaking.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Report Post Tip

Emilio notices some people talking and playing chess, having always enjoyed a good game of chess he walks on over to watch the game.  After listening to the conversation some he decides to input his opinion.

To these streets I am entirely new, I have no recolation of any family being here, but I have seen some streets back home with many ranters and those we would label as the so called "Attention-seekers", with of course the more vulgar language.  I personally haven't seen any identity thefts going round, but I know that anyone pretending to be someone else is definatly out to get themselves killed, and therefore should be shot on sight, that is if you are going to take matters in your own hands.  As for the new comers, well being one, I am very leary in walking the streets, afraid I'll say the wrong thing and get myself shot, or simply ostracized.  Early I had spoke with some others on the streets, and because I didn't know proper etiquette, wasn't grouped into the scolding.  After that I had realized what I had done wrong, and am now less afraid of the streets.  Although it would have been nice to have figured it out sooner, it is my own fault for the scolding, since I didn't listen to the right speechs or ask about it.

Having already had a smoke lit Emilio takes a drag and continues to watch the game and listen to others speak.

Report Post Tip

Emilio notices some people talking and playing chess, having always enjoyed a good game of chess he walks on over to watch the game.  After listening to the conversation some he decides to input his opinion.

To these streets I am entirely new, I have no recolation of any family being here, but I have seen some streets back home with many ranters and those we would label as the so called "Attention-seekers", with of course the more vulgar language.  I personally haven't seen any identity thefts going round, but I know that anyone pretending to be someone else is definatly out to get themselves killed, and therefore should be shot on sight, that is if you are going to take matters in your own hands.  As for the new comers, well being one, I am very leary in walking the streets, afraid I'll say the wrong thing and get myself shot, or simply ostracized.  Early I had spoke with some others on the streets, and because I didn't know proper etiquette, wasn't grouped into the scolding.  After that I had realized what I had done wrong, and am now less afraid of the streets.  Although it would have been nice to have figured it out sooner, it is my own fault for the scolding, since I didn't listen to the right speechs or ask about it.

Having already had a smoke lit Emilio takes a drag and continues to watch the game and listen to others speak.

Report Post Tip

Then noticing he repeated himself as he is sometimes prone to, quickly apologizes for it.

Sometimes my brains has a, for lack of a better word, lag and I end up repeating what I just said.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hi, My Name is.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL