Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 23:53:17
Page:  1 
Running for Mayor Started by: Tyrant on Jun 10, '08 13:18
*Tyrant stands out side Philly's City Hall with a megaphone addressing people with picket signs that say Tyrant for mayor, Vote Tyrant in 1926, ect ect.*

Ladies and gentelmen. I Stand here today, infront of all of you to address the state of the fair city of Philadelphia.

*Turns his head to an adivsor*

(This is Philly we are in right, the city I am running for? ok thank you)

As the unemployment of this great city continues to rise and the homeless continue to pour into the soup shops I ask you... who is willing to step up and rebuild this once glorious city back to it's golden days!

Who Has the finaces to build more businesses in the business district?

Who has the power, to keep this city safe from outsiders trying to invade our 7/11's and rob our elderly?

Who can keep our jails full of the criminals that need to be behind bars, and stay there?

Tyrant, that's who!

As Mayor of Philadelphia, I will set up a city hall in the business district that will offer cash money grants to those who stat a business and have sucess running and operating them.

As your Mayor. I will use my "connections" to keep our city safe from outside Gangsters.

As your Mayor, I will pay off people to, to provide the police with tip about the crime in our great city.

Now you ask. How will I raise the money for all of this?

If elected Mayor I will start a city lottery in which a 20% sales tax will cover all expenses, for filling up jails, providing grants for businesses, and overall protection of all citizens of Philadelphia.

Now I say, who else running for Mayor of Philadelphia, can offer these great liberties? Noone I have heard from so far. So please start casting your votes, start putting up banners, spread the word. Tyrant for Mayor!
Report Post Tip
You have my vote.
Mainly because there aren't any other candidates...
Report Post Tip
"Now I say, who else running for Mayor of Philadelphia, can offer these great liberties? Noone I have heard from so far. So please start casting your votes, start putting up banners, spread the word. Tyrant for Mayor!"

To be fair, now that you've told us your plan to raise money, it seems like literally anyone who can be bothered to do a lottery could offer the same services as you.
Report Post Tip
yea but I have done the lottery before and know how it's ran. It's something that is not for the faint of heart I tell you that now. It takes alot of work.
Report Post Tip
The 60 second lottery wasn't that hard tbh.

But who knows.

Maybe you need balls of steel to do this lotto.
Report Post Tip
It doesn't take that much work. And the point is that anyone could do what you propose to do.
Report Post Tip
Well Jasper..feel from to do the lottery for us then instead of Tyrant.
Report Post Tip
Ya, everyone could do what I have mention, and, yes, that means even the lottery. But so far I am the only stepping up to try for it. I am doing this in hopes maybe, some how, some way, I can claim Philly. Seeing as how not many (if any) people have tried to push for it (to my knowledge).
Report Post Tip
you're such a Tyrant. I can't be-

Someone whispers in Rubik's ear

Really? Are you sure?

Someone has brought to my attention that you are, in fact, a tyrant. And this, my good sir, is a very, very pitiful attempt at a very bad and unnecessary joke. So, um....

GO TYRANT

Or something to that effect.
Report Post Tip
I vote for you!

does it brings some extra benefits?! :)
Report Post Tip
Always. In fact benifits for everyone if I am elected. Free health care, lower taxes, legalized pot. :D

* I know that last one will get me alot of votes. ;)
Report Post Tip
I thought pots were already legal. The ones I use in my garden were bought legally, at least.
Report Post Tip
You must have gotten them outside of Philly. Gardens have been potless for years every since the Anti-Pot Act. But Tyrant is going to change it all around!!!!
Report Post Tip
Yes yes. You will be able to tend to all your gardening needs once my pot act is in place.

Oh and you can harvest and legaly smoke cannabis, weed, budda, smoke, THC (not anarchist, he is spoken for by his wifey), trees, green... ect ect ect. :P
Report Post Tip
When can we cast our votes? When is the election??
Report Post Tip
Cast your vote, good sir, in your profile, by adding Vote for Tyrant... as I see you have already done.

The results of the election will be posted when the mayors of others city decide who the new mayor of Philly will be.
Report Post Tip
Well my good man. Every election needs more than one man (or woman) for a election to actually take place.

So, I hereby give you some competition by running for Mayor myself. Yup, this wee Goomba is stepping up and running for Mayor of Philly against you. Place your votes ladies, gents, old farts, young bloods and whiners. What do I have to offer? All the love, loyalty, respect and honor you ever desired from a Mayor and then some.

Vote Fuckerish!

Good luck Tyrant! Valiant pats Tyrant on the back and steals his wallet while doing so... "Need funds," he mutters and walks away.
Report Post Tip
You've Got my vote Tyrant!

I dont expect anything for helping either. *cough* I dont accept checks *cough*
Report Post Tip
"Always. In fact benifits for everyone if I am elected. Free health care, lower taxes, legalized pot. :D"

Say no more, you have my vote ;)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Running for Mayor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL