Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:38:56
Page:  1 
Mafioso Tradizione - Issue 6 Jan 18th Started by: Sal_Giaquinto on Jan 18, '12 16:15

Mafioso Tradizione
Issue 6
Jan 18 2012

BIG APPLE GREW BY TWO
by Sal_Giaquinto

In wake of last week’s violent crime wave, three cities were left empty of La Cosa Nostra’s influence. On Saturday that changed - longtime Chicago crime-boss Clarity and recent auth JackPepper packed up their collective bags and headed for the East Coast. Their destination? I’m certain the title gave it away - New York! NYC was home to acting godfather Stallion before the gruesome take-down that claimed his live and the lives of his family. New York is fine city, hosting leaders such as ThomasRourke, Deimne, TheDean, Whatsername, Premeir and earlier cited Stallion - thus on behalf of the Tradizione, congratulations to Clarity and JackPepper.

CREWLEADER SPOTLIGHT

JESSEJAMES

ThirdSun: After this recent bloodshed - what is your prospects for this Thing of Ours? Any idea when or if cities will be opened up?

JesseJames: Well the cities will never be opened up as Las Vegas has been if that's what you mean. Stamina and I will continue to communicate concerning the cities that are currently vacant. As ranks mature, and more people become more deserving of their own city, we will consider all options.

T: What about opening another “freelance” city like Las Vegas? Why not give the people Los Angeles and let the west coast be the “Wild Wild West”?

JJ: Animal has stabilized Las Vegas and it was long overdue. The chances of us opening another 'freelance' city are slim to none. We need to legitimize our business; quite frankly chaos is bad for business.

T: What went wrong in Philadelphia? There is a lot of speculation but yet no official statement has been released?

JJ: I think what happened in Philadelphia is pretty obvious. There were various occasions through the prior weeks/months that led to their demise. As far as my city is concerned we gave Philly several chances at redemption and they failed to come through.

T: What do you feel about Las Vegas? Do you feel like its finally reaching stability and will grow to become a prosperous city?

JJ: As I've already stated in my interview Las Vegas has become a complete success under the guidance of Animal. This is what the Godfather council always envisioned Las Vegas to become. Finally, someone grabbed the bull by the horns!

T: What are your views on the current state of Chicago?

JJ: I won’t go into much detail obviously, but i will say that the city of Chicago has become more than I could have ever hoped for.

T: Anything else you would like to add that you would like the masses to be informed of?

Thank you for taking the time to interview me. Shout out to my CH peepz! Long live the beard!

THECANCEROUSTUMOR

ThirdSun: As a crew leader what do you find to be the most delicate issue you must deal with on a regular basis?

TheCancerousTumor: Most delicate without a doubt is all of the ghosts killing my cities bodyguards on a regular basis. Most of the shooters have nothing to lose, they just shoot for the hell of it.

T: When going to war, what is your greatest concern and does the burden of responsibility lie heavy?

TCT: Just like any other CL the safety of my crew and my city is priority number one. Of course you realize that in time of war more often than not you're not going to be able to keep everyone alive. Of course this lies heavily on all of us, each and everyone of our members looks to us to keep them safe, that’s our job and that’s one of the reasons why they decided to join us, protection.

T: What are your current goals for your family and what do you see in your future?

TCT: I want my family to strive in NO and help build New Orleans into an even greater city than it already is. We have some hard workers here and I expect nothing but the best to come from The Nihilists.

T: How do you feel about the current state of our world? What is your greatest concern?

TCT: We have seen a lot of blood shed recently, and due to that there is now a lack of crews for our civilians and thugs to find homes in. I am sure that more auths will be made soon but at the moment there isn’t too much of a selection.

T: Las Vegas...? What do you think will come of it?

TCT: VIVA LAS VEGAS. Well, really what can I say? Some people love it, others loathe it. While it does have both its pro's and con's I for one like the idea of it. People say get rid of it now. I wonder why? It shows more stability currently that it has since the whole thing started in my opinion. Although there is now just two members remaining from the original "GF council" I believe they should still let things play out. It gives those who havent been given the opportunity to lead their own crew a chance to see how well they do. We have seen a number of new CL's try the ropes in Vegas of course some did well and others, not so much. But they had the opportunity. I think sooner rather than later someone will grab vegas by the balls and take control of it.

T: What do you see in the future for our fallen cities?

TCT: I see nothing but opportunity for new auths to show what they can do in rebuilding these cities that have fallen recently,

CLARITY

ThirdSun:  As a crew leader what do you find to be the most delicate issue you must deal with on a regular basis?

Clarity: To me, the most delicate issue is when someone comes to me looking for a family. Who I decide to take in or not can determine how people view me. This person could also be the next best thing that hit my family or they could also be a person to bring shame to the family name. It is all up to my better judgement and to choose to believe what I'm told or not to is probably one of the hardest things to do.

T: When going to war, what is your greatest concern and does the burden of responsibility lie heavy?

C: My greatest concern is my family. I want them to be safe and protected, but during war this risks their life. I wish that I could say that I never lost a family member during war, but I have and that burden is a heavy one. You sometimes feel guilty like you didn't do enough, but I know that I do all that I can to keep them safe. You just can't always be there to save them.

T: What are your current goals for your family and what do you see in your future?

C: My current goals for my family is to work together to build a strong city. Without my members this city is nothing. I can only give them the tools they need to flourish. I may be the face of the family, but overall they are the real deal. They are what make or break you.

I am doing my best to give every member that wants a chance to do or be something the ability to do so. Yet, it gets a bit hard when everyone is so ready to volunteer to help!

My future is uncertain, but what I would like to see is a thriving city. People that enjoy to work here because it is fun, but at the same time because we all work hard to achieve our goals.

T:  How do you feel about the current state of our world? What is your greatest concern?

C: I feel that there are many options out there for people. Right now we don't have many cities populated which means when they are filled, so many chances open up. The people that want to be recognized, but haven't will be able to shine.

My greatest concern would have to be if Animal is planning to attend my dinner party or not! He is quite bad at responding to my invites. All jokes aside, I really have no big concern's besides focusing on getting New York City back up to speed.

T: Las Vegas...? What do you think will come of it?

C: I feel that Las Vegas has finally settled down. Granted, I have to say I enjoyed watching how crazy it got there, but Animal and the other CL's seem to work very well together. It seems that they will lead Las Vegas to glory if they keep things up.

T: Where do you feel Hound went wrong with his actions? Misguided friend, inexperienced leader, misunderstood or tyrant?

C: I feel that Hound was too trusting and felt that Chicago would go along with any decision he made, whether bad or good. Because of that he abused his power and took out a city with poor information.

You have to realize that in this world, yes you may be friends, but if the time comes that your friend is being dumb, you're going to have to choose...Your friend or the safety of everyone else.

T: What do you see in the future for our fallen cities?

C: Well, I obviously see a bright future! If I didn't I wouldn't be here in New York!

We have plenty of people who can bring back life into the fallen cities. People who can lead them into a new and better future. Of course rumors will fly, but you just have to ignore them and continue on the beaten path.

T: Anything else you want the people to know?

C: Many people may have not spoken to me. A few may not even know who I really am. I invite them to mail me and say hello! Get to know me and make a new friend. I'm pretty friendly and I don't bite.

T: Congratulations on your new authorization into a new city. What are your plans for the city? Do you plan on authorizing more crews into New York?

C: My plans for the city are for now just to get it back up and running. Yet, my main goal is to get the Business District up and full of life. As I'm sure many can tell...I'm a talker, at least in the streets. So I invite people to contact me about setting up a business here! I'll gladly visit them myself.

As for future auths. That will take some time. Yet, I will give you a secret...I'm all for new faces and allowing them to prove themselves.

Besides, Jack has plenty of room left in his family. Until we're struggling to make room. We'll be a small city for now! Although by the looks of it, that may be sooner than I know!

DEAR CASSI

Dear Cassi,

When approaching a level 7 dwarf at a bar is it appropriate to buy her a regular cocktail or an elixir of some sort made by a wizard. If you do recommend the elixir at what level wizard would it be appropriate to have conjure up this beverage? What would be your recommendation as to what this elixir should be? I have tried roofies in the past but roofies only work on level 1 dwarfs.

Sincerely
Gandalf the Dwarf Hunter

Dear Gandalf the Dwarf Hunter,

I believe that your first mistake here is assuming that you can approach a level 7 dwarf. Why are you setting your sights so high?? What is wrong with the level 1 dwarf?? I mean seriously... If the roofies are working, why fix it if it ain't broke?

Sincerely,
Common Sense Cassi

Dear Cassi,

I keep hearing noises and cries in the middle of the night. I feel like someones eating part of my food to! Whats going on dear cassi??

Signed
Freaked out

Dear Freaked Out,

You wouldn't happen to have a roommate would you? I mean, this would be the most rational explanation to this situation. Either that or you are an extreme sleepwalker. Either way, I would not be too concerned. Unless you have a ghost, then I'd worry.

Sincerely,
Paranormal Cassi

Dear Dear Cassi readers,

As some of you may or may not know my dear ole mummy perished. I have taken over her section in the paper to keep providing you the advice and letters that you so dearly cherish and love!! However, I did not receive but two mails this week. I am chalking this up to the fact that you probably did not know who or where to mail those amazing letters!! Unfortunately I could not convince the local post office to forward my mothers mail to me!! So now that you know my lovely readers, I expect my mailbox to be full of your wonderful letters!!!

Sincerely,
agirl aka Dear Cassi

INVESTIGATIVE SPOTLIGHT
by ThirdSun

KUKLINSKI

monkey: Kuku's girl here. I can speak on behalf of him. For the purposes of the interview, refer to me as Kuku. Can you agree to these terms?

ThirdSun: Absolutely, Let's begin

ThirdSun: So, KuKu, tell me about your history and what it is you do. Explain as much as you can about the Plumbers.

“Kuku”: The Plumbers have been dealt with elsewhere. Essentially, they started out to try to do something about the monolithic rulers of the day. They had some good ideas but they've been and gone

ThirdSun: What is your mission for the Kuklinski name?

“Kuku”: That's a good question - Let me answer with a question. When you hear or see the Kuklinski name, what do you automatically think?

ThirdSun: Somebody looking to stir up commotion. Somebody trying to carry on the tradition of keeping Mafiosos on their toes

“Kuku”: I'd love to be a CL again, but it isn't going to happen. For now, my mission is to keep in touch with friend's bloodlines and do what I can to help them out. We've been through some tough times together. I also have a list of enemies - I harass them where and when I find them

ThirdSun: Including taking out employed BG's ? Are you not the bloodline of KuKu? So you are taking on your father's enemies?

“Kuku”: Yes, including that. Kuku generally makes peace with enemies and my father didn't really have that many enemies.  Enemies of a way of life so to speak

ThirdSun: What is that way of life?

“Kuku”: At present, there isn't much happening in the Streets.  The underground, like the overground, is lazy and sparse. The present leadership is Spartan, competent but unimaginative.  They've learned from their mistakes.  Also, and this has to be said, the underground isn't as rich in cash or personnel as we once were.

ThirdSun: As opposed to past leadership? What leadership are you referring to? Roman/-Premeir?

“Kuku”: Roman and Premier marked the nadir of this Thing of Ours. Some of the CLs in LV recently have been awful. Certain bloodlines will always be targets - not necessarily targeted, but targets to be watched and any infractions dealt with

ThirdSun: Like who? Give some examples of some bloodlines carrying the Kuklinski burden
“Kuku”: Explain your question?

ThirdSun: What other bloodlines will always be targets of Kuku or what bloodlines will be targeted as Kuku is targeted

“Kuku”: I'm not getting drawn on that

ThirdSun: What do you want the people to know about KuKu? How do you want people to perceive you?

“Kuku”: I want to be seen as a good writer. First and foremost, and as someone who put ideology before self. My friend, to be honest, not much is happening at the moment. I co-ordinate some of the BG hits that have been going down, but there are also a lot of freelancers doing their own thing

ThirdSun: What do you think of the recent wars?

“Kuku”: I don't really know what happened, but I do know that it shows a distinct lack of leadership. With membership down across the board, leaders should be talking, not shooting

IMMORTAL

ThirdSun: What do you feel are some pressing issues for your city at the moment in the wake of this recent bloodshed?

Immortal: Wow going to defiantly start off with the tough ones first huh?

T: I get straight to point...

I: Well over the past few days there has been a growing issue with body guard shootings across the entire community and this issue is something that New Orleans defiantly has a ZERO TOLERANCE for it's costing not only my city but a lot of other cities a great deal of time and money to fix so it's defiantly a huge issue and burden.

T: Agreed, which is the central mission of my interviews, to discuss these BG shootings. Do you think these shootings are the sons and daughters of those slain in the recent wars?

I: Well yes and no. You figure they have to be at least an earner to be shooting the BG's of those that are alive. So a lot could be, but I can't point fingers like that. I believe something somewhere has sparked this problem but as to exactly what it's hard to say, especially because they aren't isolated to a particular city or family

T: Okay what about the sudden return of Kuklinski and his army given his past with the Plumbers do you think this could be something he initiated?

I: It's across the board

* Immortal laughs

I: Ok I hate to laugh at that at all, but seriously… I don’t put a single person past anything. Anyone can accomplish anything they want to.I seriously though doubt that this is stemming from a single person. When was the last time we even heard of the Plumbers? And did we ever even verify they were a group?

T: Recently a member of your own family was killed for BG shootings as well as a member of Las Vegas… So these killings are coming from the inside. Do you see a pattern of attacks on random cities or do you feel those that took place in the war are being targeted?

T: Hey... Who’s interviewing who? *Laughs*

I: *Laughs* The BG shootings are coming from a vast number of cities, some are accidents and some are on purpose. It's well I hate to say almost an epidemic. When you say they are coming from the inside it's the inside of everywhere. Today especially was bad for a lot! I don't know of a single city that wasn't hit by a shall I say stealthy or non-stealthy person.

T: Do you think it could be Superbee?

I: Superbee.. didn't he recently die again? So I have to say no

T: Okay next question… Las Vegas? 'nuff said there

I: Las Vegas is their own beast, and own city that I am happy to see seemingly well recently getting along. I don't like war to be honest. I don’t like to see others kill each other either, but I know it's a struggle and something that in this thing of ours unfortunately happens. I'm just glad that LV current leadership is well rounded, and seems to offer a vast array of variety to the CL's and members here

T: Do you find Animal to be a suitable Godfather?

I: I must say that as a city in the recent times with searching for body guard shooters he is a tremendous help, and has ideas that some including myself have not thought of. It is a pleasure to work with people like that - Yeah

T: Okay, so back to business

I: Ok *chuckles*

T: Do you think there should be city bounties on BG hunters?

I: what do you mean by bounties? As in a specific amount if people are caught?

T: Find and narrow down and find a guilty BG killer and get a reward

I: No I defiantly do not. While I like to think that we are honest gangsters… We are gangsters and money can bring evils out

T: Agreed

I: OWW, Holy shit my dog bit my ass

T: Ouch

I: She was chewing on my chair and missed the chair

T: That’s totally going in the interview, Anyways…

T: Is NO branching out into any of the new cities? Does NO have a claim on any of them?

I: Well as we have recently seen Chicago branch out! Congrats by the way to Clarity and Jack Pepper. We can only see what happens with New Orleans.

* Immortal laughs

I: So not letting you know yet!

T: What about all these empty cities? Los Angeles? Isn't it time to branch out?

I: I am sure that in the upcoming weeks we will see cities begin to rebuild. It's sad to see them empty at the moment, but I know one day all their lights will be on and glowing again

THE FINE ART OF PICK POCKETING
by Monte

Pick Pocketing is a fine art indeed; one comes off the boat and decides the easiest pay day is in the back of a fellow Mafioso’s wallet! Now that is the assumption many including myself have taken. What if it turns out that is not an accurate assumption...

Let me take a step back and educate for a moment; we allow Mafioso to practice the fine art of pick pocketing without much concern. There are a few who detest their pockets being probed by a strangers hand but if you search the tags hanging from the lapels of the suits everyone wears generally you will see that pick pocketing is allowed. For most it is another pass time, a bragging right for coffee house chatter and nothing more, and then there are those who have found a way to build a skill without anyone taking notice...

Pick Pocketing is the first step in building a stealth skill set. Those working hard to be sneaky and unseen are using the free ability to pick pocket as a means to build their stealth skill set. Once pick pocketing has become easily done and never seen these Sneaky individuals are moving on to bigger and better crimes. They are targeting the Body Guards YOU are employing! They hide amongst the locals in every city trained well not to be seen while looking for their next victim. Everyday more and more Body Guards are being stealthily killed by Mafioso who once only trained their pick pocketing skills...

Comments from one Mafioso- ” Pick Pocketing is bad for business and needs to be addressed as they are the people that screw us over, Crew Leader's look at people that train their gun, ignoring the "cash cow" members who train their stealth an screw over other members, If Crew Leader's don’t control the PP skill their putting people at risk.”

So what say you Mafioso? How do you feel knowing a once simple game is now a potential training ground for underground scum? Do you still wear those “Pick Pocket friendly” tags so openly?  Is it time we buckle down and treat pick pocketing like the offensive crime it is? Or is this just another moment in our history where we turn the other cheek allow this injustice to continue and bitch, cry, and moan when your precious body guard is killed dead by someone you couldn’t see?

NOSTAGLIA TODAY

Source: Mafia Gazette Issue 148 - Feb 27th '04

Courtesy: Jaundies Gazette Archive

CREWLEADERS DEAD IN THE STREETS

This morning saw the deaths of Raghnall, Andruw03, JoeyJoJo, and Baron Greenback happen after a taped recording of a conversation between someone who appeared to be Joey and his friend Andruw03.

The conversation included allegations that Father John was plotting to remove the Alcoholics Unanimous leaders from power and taking over. The man who appeared to be Joey said, “Father John has really been bugging me. I think he's plotting something. I keep hearing rumours. I'm thinking of going to war with him.” He then asked Andruw if he would back him in this effort to which Andruw replied, “like what? Hold up.” At this point “Joey” seemed to grow agitated and impatient saying “ah never mind, forget it, I'll just message him.” Andruw quickly gave “Joey” directions to his secret war room and the conversation continued. When “Joey” mentioned that he felt that Father John was going to take out Alcoholics Unanimous Andruw was heard saying, “in my opinion, Angelo, me and you are in this together”. He also wanted to wait on striking against Father John as he felt Angelo and “Joey” were still too small to survive such an attack. The tape continued and plans of a strike were heard.

Following the release of copies of this recording to other leaders war broke out in the wee hours of the morning with the public statement from Raghnall declaring war, “People will question JoeyJoJo’s death and why more are falling. I was hoping we could work together in a bit of harmony but I guess I was wrong. True or not I received information-implicating Andruw03 in a plot to take me down as well as some of my “Family” (Auths and friends). Now what does that have to do with JoeyJoJo, simple he Authed Joey and they were closely allied :/ . Andruw03 it sucked too I was looking forward to having a balance of power and sharing the streets with you. I will answer questions as they arise but for now I am a bit busy.” The first leader to fall was JoeyJoJo by Raghnall hand. Followed by yet another “pro-wack” death seeing the fall of new family leader Baron Greenback. Shortly after this tragedy Andruw03 shot Raghnall down and was then “removed” by Jono.

RUMORS and RUMOURS
by Xenos

In the last week and a half, three entire cities have been wiped off the face of the planet. With nary an explanation as to a single one. "Give them time, how dare you question a Godfather," are the cries we hear in response. Whatever happened to the adage give respect to get it? Rumor has it Chicago buried it with Roman. Kudos.

Las Vegas... No laughing matter? It seems those folks over in Sin City are not going to stand for the cacklings any longer! They are here and they are rising up against the odds set before them. They are ready to face any challenge that they face strong and united. Although, rumor has it they could be swayed with homemade chocolate chip cookies and kittens.

Zombies?! Sons of dead people coming back to life?! SO MANY KUKLINSKI'S!!!!! Our streets are being flooded with look a likes and wanna be's from every different side it seems! Some are claiming to be the real Superbee, then retracting. Some are using the Kuklinski name to perform dastardly deeds. When will the madness ever end?! Rumor has it that I'm actually Kuklinski posing as Superbee posing as a fake Superbee posing as Superbee's next of kin, Kuklinsbee!

JOKE OF THE DAY
A woman awakes during the night, and her husband isn’t in bed with her. She goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee. "What's the matter, dear?" she asks. "Why are you down here at this time of night?" The husband looks up from his coffee, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly. "Yes, I do," she replies. "Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?" "Yes, I remember," says the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him. The husband continues, "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I'll send you to jail for 20 years?" "I remember that, too," she replies softly. He wipes another tear from his cheek and says, "I would have gotten out today."

EDITORIALS:
Interested in becoming an editorialist, contact Monte on IRC avenue.
*Disclaimer: Views expressed in editorials aren’t necessary shared by the Mafioso Tradizione

ADVERTISEMENTS:
Tradizione will be offering Advertisement opportunities for services, contests, family recruitment, special occasions and any other public announcements you would like advertised!
For Advertisement inquiries please contact: Monte or Sal_Giaquinto on IRC Avenue!

Report Post Tip

What a fine piece of writing.

Report Post Tip

I'm glad you like it.

ThirdSun threw his heart and soul into this issue - he has my graditude. :o)

Report Post Tip

ThirdSun reads over the teams hard work and smiles with satisfaction.

Report Post Tip

Perusing the paper, she smiles as she she scrolls down the page with her pale blue eyes.

a fine read, keep up the great work

Report Post Tip

A Kuklinsbee?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Report Post Tip

Fabulous read as always Mr. Giaquinto and staff. I will be sure to be back for the next issue as well!

after handing over his nickel for his copy BigBlackMan turns around to his limo. One of his bodyguards opens the door as he climbs in and the limo takes off down a nearby alleway

Report Post Tip

Thanks a lot Sal & thank you to everybody who enjoyed it. We work harder than you think on this paper and Sal's editorial work is outstanding.

Report Post Tip

Whatever happened to the adage give respect to get it? Rumor has it Chicago buried it with Roman. Kudos.

NOTICE: The official addage has been changed to: You have to EARN respect to get it. Rumor has it the previous adage you mentioned died with all the -48's whining and making demands that they couldn't back up. Cheers.

Another fine read, by the way. I really appreciate the hard work you all put into this. Well done!

Report Post Tip

Great issue, Really thought provoking stuff!

Heads off with his Mafioso Tradizione close to his heart! to knock over another postoffice!

Report Post Tip

Love the issue, very very entertaining

As Clyde thinks to himself as he continues to read it over in the lavatory

Report Post Tip

Aye, love the responses. We hope to accomplish greater success with time.

Report Post Tip

VEry good read. Thank you for the entertainment.

Report Post Tip

Really good read ,I appreciate all the effort done by the editorial team .

D_D walks off smiling to the joke

Report Post Tip

I am absolutely loving The Tradizione. Its becoming one of my all time favorite papers to read out here in these mean streets. From the interviews to the hilarious "Dear Cassi's," it's overall a great read. Very good insight into the news of this thing of ours. I hope it continues for many many months to come. Keep up the good work y'all!

Avid Reader, Soldier.

Report Post Tip

I have to say the feedback we have received is amazing it greatly motivates this amazing team. Cassi is a pleasure to work with and her "Dear Cassi" entries are hilarious. Sal & Monte's investigative work and writing is top notch and Sal's editorial skills are phenomenal. I am truly honoured to work alongside such a great team and greatly anticipate the success of future issues.

Report Post Tip

ThirdSun left himself out, his ideas are fresh and inspiring! We are lucky to have him on the team!

To anyone else looking to join the paper, please contact us. The community is what keeps the paper going!!

Report Post Tip

Ankou puts down the newspaper to talk to Sal_Giaquinto

"Excellent read mate once again,And I like that you do one regular instead of Chuckles"

Ankou throws a smoke bomb,as the smoke disappears Ankou is no longer there

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafioso Tradizione - Issue 6 Jan 18th
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL